• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Major Website Update

All Ye Olde Inn related announcements will be available here for all Guests to read.

Re: Major Website Update

Postby TMU » September 28th, 2014, 3:48 am

No but seriosly, I basically at the moment don't have any free time exept on the weekends. I come to the Inn when going to school and leaving school+sometimes in the evening. On this second year of high school, I got full 40 hour weeks so that makes me do a lot of homework. Actyally, I sometimes have over 40, and I have to do those lessons alone whenever I have time :? My time is now very limited :(
"There is no greater danger than playing it safe."

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Slaughtered an Orc! Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Second Lieutenant
TMU

Swordsman
Swordsman

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby drathe » September 29th, 2014, 12:52 am

TMU wrote:No but seriosly, I basically at the moment don't have any free time exept on the weekends. I come to the Inn when going to school and leaving school+sometimes in the evening. On this second year of high school, I got full 40 hour weeks so that makes me do a lot of homework. Actyally, I sometimes have over 40, and I have to do those lessons alone whenever I have time :? My time is now very limited :(

I know exactly what a lack of free time is like. Don't worry. If you have time in the future (way in the future) and do some translations, send them on over.

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Hero:
Usergroups:
Innkeepers Group Member Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby drathe » October 9th, 2014, 11:53 pm

drathe wrote:
Maike05 wrote:Hello drathe, i'm interested for the french part ;)

Sjeng wrote:Do you still need Dutch translations? I have basic html knowledge.

Thanks for the interest in helping out. I will PM more information to each of you later in the week. There's lots of translations still needed for every language but English and Italian.

Here's a list of tools you will need:

An FTP program. There are a few free ones out there. FileZilla is decent enough to do the job.
And Notepad++ (which is free). Regular notepad won't do the job properly, especially for languages with special characters (ie. ç, é, â). Pages with special characters like these need to be encoded in or converted to UTF-8 without BOM or else they'll show as small diamonds with ? inside them as browsers won't know how to parse them.

If you're still willing and able to do some translations, let me know when you have the above and I'll PM you the details to log into the FTP accounts.

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Hero:
Usergroups:
Innkeepers Group Member Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby Maike05 » October 11th, 2014, 5:47 am

drathe wrote:
drathe wrote:
Maike05 wrote:Hello drathe, i'm interested for the french part ;)

Sjeng wrote:Do you still need Dutch translations? I have basic html knowledge.

Thanks for the interest in helping out. I will PM more information to each of you later in the week. There's lots of translations still needed for every language but English and Italian.

Here's a list of tools you will need:

An FTP program. There are a few free ones out there. FileZilla is decent enough to do the job.
And Notepad++ (which is free). Regular notepad won't do the job properly, especially for languages with special characters (ie. ç, é, â). Pages with special characters like these need to be encoded in or converted to UTF-8 without BOM or else they'll show as small diamonds with ? inside them as browsers won't know how to parse them.

If you're still willing and able to do some translations, let me know when you have the above and I'll PM you the details to log into the FTP accounts.

Hello drathe, please do PM me with the detail!

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Maike05

Elven Archer
Elven Archer

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Previous

Return to Announcements