• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

[New Host, trouble no more] Ye Olde Inn may be in trouble

All Ye Olde Inn related announcements will be available here for all Guests to read.

[New Host, trouble no more] Ye Olde Inn may be in trouble

Postby drathe » May 16th, 2009, 7:35 pm

To our valued Members and Guests,

Here at Ye Olde Inn, we are using a Shared, Unlimited Storage and Unlimited Bandwidth hosting plan through StartLogic. Earlier this week, we received a notice from StartLogic claiming that our Storage use is above 'normal' and that we are to reduce our storage consumption, even though we are supposed to have unlimited. Currently, we are using fifteen(15) GB of Storage. It is possible, that at any point in the future, that our service will be terminated, or files may be automatically deleted to reduce our storage. If you happen to discover links to missing files, or receive 404 errors, do let us know as soon as possible.

Ye Olde Inn could become temporarily offline due to this situation. We are looking into our present options such as seeking out a new Web Host. Due to the massive costs of dedicated servers, our only option at this point is to use shared hosting from an understanding company. In the mean time, Ye Olde Inn will be removing all 300dpi files in an attempt to appease our current host. These files will be available upon request via email (just contact me, drathe either by email or PM). We are also looking to combine our Letter and A4 file options to one that will successfully print in either standard without adversely altering card and tile sizes.

I just wanted to keep our members and guests informed of the situation so that no one is shocked if Ye Olde Inn goes temporarily offline. Furthermore, if anyone has any advice, a good Web Host recommendation, or any other possible options or solutions, please don't hesitate in letting us know. Ye Olde Inn was intended to keep HeroQuest and all its resources and fan created content alive. We will do our best to keep the torch burning.

Sincerely,
~drathe

Update: Now that we're at our new Web Host, MDDHosting.com, all is well at the Inn.
Last edited by drathe on October 6th, 2013, 2:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: status update

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Innkeepers Group Member Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Ye Olde Inn may be in trouble

Postby zep » May 23rd, 2009, 8:26 am

That's lame. So much for unlimited.
Rosemary baby, I got the thyme
zep

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Innkeepers Group Member Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby drathe » March 22nd, 2010, 11:28 pm

Over the year I've managed to condense a lot of our files. Many of the PDF files, the cards especially, have been compressed and take up less than half the space they used to. We are now using less than 4.5GB of storage. I plan on compressing all the 300dpi files as well. They still won't be available for download from the Website, but they should fit onto a DVD for those who just have to have the higher resolution and are willing to pay the cost of the DVD and shipping. I'll provide more info once I've finished compressing all the files.

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Hero:
Usergroups:
Innkeepers Group Member Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby torilen » March 25th, 2010, 2:17 pm

Hey - just a funny though - can we send the holder of the site a large flash drive - maybe 8 or 16 gig or something - it'd be fairly cheap
in the long run, and would still allow us to keep things on the web.

ha ha - I know - not possible. Just a thought, though ;)

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic.
torilen

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby cretauk » May 31st, 2010, 2:10 pm

I just joined this site. I never knew all this time there was anything going on with the game. I just wanted to say for the sake of just in case. If any files need to ever be backed up and said back up occasionally updated I can store them on my pc. In case something happens like something happening to the site.
cretauk

Postby drathe » May 31st, 2010, 6:28 pm

Backups are no worries as I have everything stored locally, but thank you for the offer.

Rewards:
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby ndsandman » August 7th, 2010, 11:42 pm

And people state that computers make our lives easier.
I just know when the computers are down, life gets a a lot more difficult.
and as far as space goes, the 1TB or 1.5TB Harddrives are gettiing cheaper and cheaper.
He Who Dies with the Most Loot
Probably Ran into the Dragon
ndsandman

Mummy
Mummy

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby drathe » August 8th, 2010, 1:54 am

Thankfully, we don't really have to worry about being shut down for going over our limits, now that we have a new host and set limits we can see. I need to remember to remove the notice from the main website.

*adds to the top of the to-do list*

I'll need to crunch some numbers, but we might be able to get the 300dpi files back online. If that's the case, I'll probably remove the 150dpi and just have the 300 instead. Might be a while before I get around to that though.

Edit: Return of 300dpi files relates to the resources only as they were the only files previously available in both formats outside of a few card files I made.
Last edited by drathe on October 6th, 2013, 2:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: updated info

Rewards:
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Hero:
Usergroups:

Return to Announcements