• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

New "Current gaming session" forum?

Are you having problems, or is there a Forum section you would like added? Let us know!
Forum rules
Please post only issues relating to the Ye Olde Inn Community Forums. Issues relating to the http://www.yeoldeinn.com/ Website and its pages or Blog do not go here.

New "Current gaming session" forum?

Postby Gronkthefat » February 17th, 2009, 1:18 pm

Hi Guys, been checking out the forums and, correct me if I'm wrong, but I couldn't see anywhere to discuss any game sessions currently running. I see there's a forum for arranging new games but where should I discuss ones I've already got going.

I mean it would probably be mainly used by evil wizards looking for advice on how they are running their games (I know I could use some help at times) but I thought it could also be just for fun, with people detailing the latest escapades of their fortunate, or mis-fortunate, heroes.

I know I'd enjoy hearing about how other people were playing their game, am I alone in this? Let me know what you think.
Following the adventures of Baz (Barb), Earl the Drunk (Elf), Ronald Thundergrip (Dwarf) and St. Gary the Third (Wiz) with an evil watchful eye!
Gronkthefat

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: New "Current gaming session" forum?

Postby drathe » February 17th, 2009, 5:19 pm

I think this is a great idea! I've been meaning to post up some photos of my last game. It's always fun to hear what other people are doing in their games, even if it's just the shenanigans that go on during a game.

To avoid the clutter of additional forums, I could just amend the description of the game session forums as follows:

Gaming Group Forums wrote:Search the treads of your local area and introduce yourself and get to know players near you. Use these forums to discuss and plan your next game night, or tell us all how your previous adventures faired.

How does everyone feel about that? Use the Game Session Forums, or create a whole new area?

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Innkeepers Group Member Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby Gronkthefat » February 18th, 2009, 8:23 am

I did think about posting there but the only downside I though of was that those forums are specific to the countries and I personally would like to read about everybodies games regardless of where they are playing, without having trawl through all the forums.

Could do it though, probs just me being lazy. :D
Following the adventures of Baz (Barb), Earl the Drunk (Elf), Ronald Thundergrip (Dwarf) and St. Gary the Third (Wiz) with an evil watchful eye!
Gronkthefat

Postby drathe » February 18th, 2009, 12:22 pm

I'll wait a bit for more feedback from other members. Everyone seems a bit busy lately though. In the mean time, feel free to start your own topic in the Pub, or any where you feel it would fit. They can be easily moved later when a special spot is made for them.

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Innkeepers Group Member Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Return to Forum Discussion Room