• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Titles and Traits

Are you having problems, or is there a Forum section you would like added? Let us know!
Forum rules
Please post only issues relating to the Ye Olde Inn Community Forums. Issues relating to the http://www.yeoldeinn.com/ Website and its pages or Blog do not go here.

Titles and Traits

Postby whitebeard » March 23rd, 2015, 10:34 pm

I have noticed that some users have additional text near their avatars above (titles) and underneath (traits). If you click on one of these members, you will see the names for these fields. Unfortunately I cannot find the location in the user control panel for entering my own. I even tried looking this up for generic phpBB sites but that turned up a lot of administrator activities and little else. It appears that changing your user name to include a prefix and suffix might do this, but I'm reluctant to try… What am I missing?
Has resigned from the forum and would delete his account if he could.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
whitebeard

Archmage
Archmage

Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Titles and Traits

Postby StratosVX » March 24th, 2015, 10:40 am

I think those are added by drathe or a moderator.

Rewards:
Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Scribe of Heroes
StratosVX
I hate snakes, Jacques...

Scout
Scout

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby knightkrawler » March 24th, 2015, 11:39 am

StratosVX wrote:I think those are added by drathe or a moderator.

Indeed, they are.
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby drathe » April 3rd, 2015, 2:56 pm

Titles and Traits were an idea I had that I haven't yet opened up publicly. No time like the present and we can use this thread.

However, the reason only Innkeepers and Moderators can add them to your profile, is because I don't want members to come up with their own. I think it would be fun if others define your titles and traits for you. Either through reading posts and picking out phrases, interacting with each other and getting to know each other's personalities, or by observation of a member's skills and talents.

So, short post long, if you come up with a good title or trait for another member (please don't be offensive), and other members second, third, etc. the nomination, then staff members can add them to that member's profile.
Titles and traits aren't set in stone. If you want to come up with a new one for another member, go ahead and post it.
As some titles and traits may not seem offensive to members coming up with them, should a member receiving a title or trait find any offence with it, they may ask for it to be removed.

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:
Innkeepers Group Member Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby knightkrawler » April 3rd, 2015, 5:43 pm

Mine were there from one day to the next and I didn't know *lemony goodness* about it.
Of course, I like them.
That being said, the more of us carry these, the less individual they are going to be, however individualized they might sound.
Just want everybody to think about that if I may be so bold.
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby whitebeard » April 3rd, 2015, 5:50 pm

knightkrawler wrote:That being said, the more of us carry these, the less individual they are going to be, however individualized they might sound.
Just want everybody to think about that if I may be so bold.

Says the guy with a title and a trait! :D

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
whitebeard

Archmage
Archmage

Usergroups:

Postby knightkrawler » April 3rd, 2015, 7:02 pm

And 3,000 posts.
I know it shouldn't be about that. But everybody knew at that point that I tend to deliberately or hilariously involuntarily derail posts and that I like cheese a little too much for my own health. It was spontaneous.

Rewards:
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby whitebeard » April 3rd, 2015, 10:35 pm

knightkrawler wrote:And 3,000 posts.
I know it shouldn't be about that.

It clearly isn't. I actually was wondering how to do it because I noticed that Rook has one. And he's very new.

Rewards:
whitebeard

Archmage
Archmage

Usergroups:

Postby Redav » April 3rd, 2015, 11:00 pm

That's probably due to one of his early posts;
Campaign Status
EU Group: Kellar's Keep - The Dwarven Forge
NA Group: The Gathering Storm - Barak Tor - Barrow of the Witch Lord

Project's Status
Rules: House Rules and Clarifications are open for discussion
Campaigns: Thinking
Alternate Mini's: Planning and acquiring
Painting: I've started painting... :o

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Redav

Storm Master
Storm Master

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Return to Forum Discussion Room