• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Usergroup icons

Are you having problems, or is there a Forum section you would like added? Let us know!
Forum rules
Please post only issues relating to the Ye Olde Inn Community Forums. Issues relating to the http://www.yeoldeinn.com/ Website and its pages or Blog do not go here.

Usergroup icons

Postby Sjeng » November 29th, 2012, 4:24 pm

As you may have noticed by now, drathe and I have been working on something new: We proudly present you: new group icons! *cheeeeeer*

It started when he asked me to become a fellow moderator (wizard), which I happily accepted, and which gave me the option to either keep my "number of posts" rank image beneath my avatar, or the "wizards of zargon" usergroup image.
So I thought: why not both? We already have the "champion" achievement icon, so why not make icons for each usergroup as well?

So I just started photoshopping some ideas, and sent them to drathe. He liked the idea, and now we all have a line beneath our signatures with icons that show others what usergroups you are in.
There's the "champion" icon, moved from the user info part beneath your avatar to the bottom; and icons for all usergroups: innkeepers (morcar/zargon=admins), wizards (moderators), artists (those who make custom images) and scribes (bloggers, previously known as minstrels).
Image Image Image Image Image

Now you can easily see what people do here on the forums, and it might even inspire others to start sending in artwork or blog material for our ever growing HQ community!

I hope you all like the idea |_P
Check out my YouTube channel Boardgame Heaven, and drop me a sub please!


Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Wizard
Wizard
 
Posts: 4536
Images: 92
Joined: July 26th, 2011, 9:58 am
Location: The Netherlands
Forum Language: Nederlands
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Usergroup icons

Postby LordZeke » November 29th, 2012, 5:38 pm

i was wondering what those were... would be nice if they had a mouse over tool time so we could remember what they are.


Rewards:
Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
LordZeke

Gargoyle
Gargoyle
 
Posts: 133
Images: 1
Joined: July 4th, 2010, 7:52 pm
Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: Usergroup icons

Postby Seb » November 29th, 2012, 8:14 pm

Good point LZ, I was just thinking that.

Smart idea overall. :)


Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
User avatar
Seb

Ogre Warrior
Ogre Warrior
 
Posts: 171
Images: 0
Joined: February 24th, 2012, 10:49 am
Location: Auckland, Middle Earth, NZ
Forum Language: British English
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Re: Usergroup icons

Postby drathe » November 29th, 2012, 10:39 pm

LordZeke wrote:i was wondering what those were... would be nice if they had a mouse over tool time so we could remember what they are.

I'll see what I can do over the weekend.

Update: Or now. :)
Future possibilities would be making an icon double as a link to the group page. Maybe that'll be one of my weekend tasks. ;)

Update 2: Or maybe adding links was really simple to do and I don't need to wait until later. :D
Last edited by drathe on October 6th, 2013, 2:51 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Reason: updates
Image


Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
User avatar
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper
 
Posts: 2935
Images: 103
Joined: August 16th, 2008, 2:55 pm
Location: Niagara Region, Ontario, Canada
Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Innkeepers Group Member Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Re: Usergroup icons

Postby Daedalus » December 1st, 2012, 6:21 pm

Nice work, Sjeng and drathe!
..
UNCLE ZARGON
Image
WANTS.. YOU


Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard
 
Posts: 5332
Images: 14
Joined: May 9th, 2011, 2:31 pm
Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Re: Usergroup icons

Postby Sinned » December 2nd, 2012, 4:21 pm

Although I'm a member of the 'Adventurers Guild' the icon won't show under my avatar and next to the Champions icon.
Or am I missing something? :?:

edit: after I posted this post it appeared!
Last edited by Sinned on December 2nd, 2012, 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.


Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters.
User avatar
Sinned

Ogre Lord
Ogre Lord
 
Posts: 271
Images: 11
Joined: February 21st, 2012, 1:29 pm
Location: Eindhoven, the Netherlands
Forum Language: Nederlands
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: Usergroup icons

Postby drathe » December 2nd, 2012, 4:25 pm

Sinned wrote:Although I'm a member of the 'Adventurers Guild' the icon won't show under my avatar and next to the Champions icon.
Or am I missing something? :?:

The icons aren't automatic. They need to be manually applied by an Innkeeper. When a member joins a group, I get a message in the Admin control panel and add the icons when I review the messages. Usually once a day, sometimes longer if I'm busy and don't visit the forum. If you don't have an icon you should and you notice I've been around, feel free to send me a reminder. :)

Sinned wrote:edit: after I posted this post it appeared!

I had just added it while you were posting. ;)
Image


Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
User avatar
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper
 
Posts: 2935
Images: 103
Joined: August 16th, 2008, 2:55 pm
Location: Niagara Region, Ontario, Canada
Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Innkeepers Group Member Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member


Return to Forum Discussion Room

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest