• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Bartering, trading, and/or selling mid-quest...?

Discuss new Rules for HeroQuest.

Bartering, trading, and/or selling mid-quest...?

Postby Kurgan » Monday December 14th, 2020 3:36pm

Okay, so we all know that in the NA and Japanese rules, you can buy from the Armory (or buy Equipment) and also sell stuff back at half price between quests, and also buy from the Alchemist Shop (ROTWL & KK) in the NA version of these expansions between quests.

But what about DURING quests? I don't mean when you run across that rare Merchant (Parley Deck makes this possible sometimes, the elusive "Monster Merchant").

I mean, in your games have you ever, rather than just passing the potion, offer your fellow Hero an item for a set amount of gold? Or offer a trade?

Give me that whip and I'll give you this idol, worth 150 gold coins! Since this isn't the Armory, you can set your own pricing...

It seems like it could be an interesting house rule, and probably contrary to the usual "spirit of cooperation" of the NA rules, but I would be shocked if nobody had done this before. Then again, as kids we never did. If somebody needed something and you had a spare, you just gave it, no questions asked. Between Quests you pooled your money to make sure everybody got what they needed (and when you were controlling more than one Hero, that was even easier).

I'm not saying a whole new economy needs to be created, by my brother did come up with the idea of gambling houses you could visit between quests (I wasn't present at any sessions where we ever implemented them) where you could have a chance to increase your gold (but also lose it).
Kurgan

Swordsman
Swordsman

Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Hero:

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Return to Rules