• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Trap occupied rules

Discuss new Rules for HeroQuest.

Trap occupied rules

Postby Flamboyant » September 16th, 2020, 4:51 pm

Hi ! ;)
I'm an old gamer but a little new to the site so please excuse my mistakes in English and my French accent! I know the rules of the game well and I practice house rules (with my friends). However I have always wondered about the case of "trap" ... If a Hero falls into a "trap" what happens if another character (Monster or Hero) falls in the same "trap". I cannot imagine that this one could contain several characters at the same time because the rules stipulate "a single figure on a single square". Comments ? :?:
Par le fer ou par le feu !
Flamboyant

Forum Language: Français
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Trap occupied rules

Postby monnock777 » September 16th, 2020, 6:05 pm

Well now I have to read this in a French accent.
monnock777

Fimir
Fimir

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon

Postby lestodante » September 17th, 2020, 2:29 pm

if the character already in the pit is the Barbarian the second one get impaled!! :lol:
Seriously... I don't allow 2 heres to fall in the same pit at the same time. It is supposed to be a short pit (not a pit of darkness instead)

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group MemberParticipated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
lestodante

Yeti
Yeti

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby Flamboyant » October 19th, 2020, 4:13 pm

So... you say that it's impossible to have an Hero fall in the short pit and a second one fall in the same short pit during Heroes Turn : why not ?
?
Par le fer ou par le feu !
Flamboyant

Forum Language: Français
Hero:

Postby wallydubbs » October 19th, 2020, 6:46 pm

Flamboyant wrote:So... you say that it's impossible to have an Hero fall in the short pit and a second one fall in the same short pit during Heroes Turn : why not ?
?

It's not an impossibility, it's just a way people choose to play. This is primarily due to house rules as the official rules didn't actually specify. Like Lestodante, I don't allow heroes to occupy the same pit. If a hero is in the pit, the next hero gets a free jump, like stepping on his head. I gather normal pits should be shallow enough that somebody in there would break their fall or catch them rather then causing serious damage.

A Pit of Darkness from AtOH might be an exception. For the most part, it's really difficult to get 2 or more hero figurines to physically occupy the same space on the board. So instead of uncomfortably placing the figurines half on this space, it's more comforting to come up with an in-game reason why they cannot occupy the same pit and just go from there.

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member
wallydubbs

Halberdier
Halberdier

Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby The Admiral » October 24th, 2020, 6:22 am

I allow a pit to be occupied by as many Heroes that fall down it, and just stack them off to the side. I know where they really are. This doesn't usually last long anyway as the Heroes normally just get out on their next turn.

In all my years of Heroquesting I have never had a situation where a monster ends up down a pit with a Hero. I don't give magical immunity to monsters jumping/falling down pits. They know where they are and what triggers them so won't set them off, but once there is a big spiked hole in the floor they play by the same rules as the Heroes. So if a monster does fall/jump down a pit it will lose a BP and end its turn. I would allow combat between monsters and Heroes that were down the pit together, probably still with the 1 dice reduction to attack and defence. But, as I say, this has never happened.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
The Admiral

Halberdier
Halberdier

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby lestodante » October 25th, 2020, 7:03 am

yes, monsters follow the same rules of the heroes once a trap is revealed

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group MemberParticipated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
lestodante

Yeti
Yeti

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberChampion Group Member

Return to Rules