• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Using the "Equipment" Deck with the Weapons Rack

Discuss new Rules for HeroQuest.

Re: Using the "Equipment" Deck with the Weapons Rack

Postby Josh » Thursday August 6th, 2020 1:20am

Just played the other night with newbs & they were pissed that the weapons rack has nothing of use on it.

I was thinking that if a piece of armor was pulled from the Rack, that it could have a single BodyPoint of damage that it could take before being destroyed. Or the player can put it in his bag & sell it later for 10% of its cost.

Same for a one time use weapon such as a Halbeared with only a 2ATT instead of a 3ATT. Every time you successfully use it, it loses an ATT Die till it is destroyed. Or save it & sell it for 10% of its original value.

I am definitely allowing this for our next game so that the players can experience what different weapons can do in this game.
Josh

Chaos Warrior
Chaos Warrior

Forum Language: British English
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby mitchiemasha » Tuesday August 11th, 2020 11:15pm

Josh wrote:Just played the other night with newbs & they were pissed that the weapons rack has nothing of use on it.

I was thinking that if a piece of armor was pulled from the Rack, that it could have a single BodyPoint of damage that it could take before being destroyed. Or the player can put it in his bag & sell it later for 10% of its cost.

Same for a one time use weapon such as a Halbeared with only a 2ATT instead of a 3ATT. Every time you successfully use it, it loses an ATT Die till it is destroyed. Or save it & sell it for 10% of its original value.

I am definitely allowing this for our next game so that the players can experience what different weapons can do in this game.

Isn't that technically just adding a new weapon to the game? What would be found at the rack, as per quest notes.

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Prince
mitchiemasha

Halberdier
Halberdier

Forum Language: British English
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Kurgan » Friday August 14th, 2020 12:25pm

So armor and weapons that get "used up" with use? I guess because the ones at the rack are in poorer condition? Could be interesting. But yeah, it's like adding new ones.
Kurgan

Swordsman
Swordsman

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:

Postby Kurgan » Saturday February 13th, 2021 2:09pm

I've revised this... after reading the NA rules it clearly states that each Hero can search each room once. So that's four searches per room! If there is a specified Quest treasure, that will be the first thing found (along with any non-disarmed furniture traps!). Three more searches could be done and those will be card draws. So following it literally, if the quest book says "nothing" then that means the first search will reveal "nothing" but the next three searches would be a card draw, so could be "something!"

Yes, it's weird, but it's there in black and white. So here is how I am going to handle it:

1) No quest notes specified treasure in weapon's rack room? First treasure searcher draws an equipment card.
2) Searcher #2 in that room is a normal treasure card draw.
3) Same for Searchers #3 and #4 as the second step.

If there IS a quest notes specified treasure then that will be it for the first search. And the next three searches will all be treasure card draws.
If there are less than 4 heroes alive, that means it will limit how many times the room can be searched even more. A solo Hero would only get one search per room, after all (and henchmen can't search for Treasure)...

Unless its a super hard quest, I'm going to pull Plate, Chainmail and Battle Axe cards out of the deck for that purpose. Now the question is, should I pull ALL big gold items out then? Cloak, Longbow, Greatsword, Warhammer and Tower shield, all pieces I've set as pretty expensive... maybe I should pull anything that costs over 450 gold coins?

I'll still use the full Equipment deck as a way to get a "new" character jumping into a quest with a bunch of veteran heroes (or basic heroes jumping into a later quest meant for veterans) up to speed with a random draw.

If they happen to get something that they can sell later for some gold, great, they will have to survive long enough to spend it!
Kurgan

Swordsman
Swordsman

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:

Previous

Return to Rules