• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Wands

Discuss new Rules for HeroQuest.

Re: Wands

Postby wallydubbs » July 14th, 2020, 6:36 pm

Kurgan wrote:The point about the Staff, wally, is well taken. I think of a Wand as a little object you can whip out easily enough, but a big staff seems like a piece of equipment you need to swap out, if you don't have a free hand.

Thanks. I've never really faulted the Wizard for using the Wand of Magic without necessarily having equipped it, nor the Bone Wand for that matter.
But the Ancient Staff really bugs me. It doesn't have any instructions about physical attacks, which sort of implies that you can't physically attack with it. But I would imagine (despite the card not outright saying) that it would need to be equipped to use. But the Elf Quest Pack was much too rushed to configure the basis.

This indeed made me wonder about the wands. It seems reasonable for the Wizard, generally equipped with a staff, could hold it with one hand (since he's not attacking that turn) and whip out the wand for 2 spells.
But then there's the Bone Wand, which can be used by any hero: if the Barbarian has it and his hands are busy with a Long Sword and Shield. Is he gonna have time in the midst of battle to dig out the Bone Wand and temporarily control the skeletons?

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member
wallydubbs

Halberdier
Halberdier

Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberChampion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby lestodante » July 15th, 2020, 3:13 pm

Ancient Staff: if nothing is specified I consider it a normal staff, plus its magical attributes. So, 2 dice in attack with diagonal.
For the Wand, I think a Wizard can't be equipped with more than 1 wand and 1 staff but he can bring with him more wands and swap them (he must declare when he's swapping items)

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group MemberParticipated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
lestodante

Yeti
Yeti

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby Kurgan » August 29th, 2020, 4:19 am

A simple solution... thanks to Ellen Ripley for the idea.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie!
Channeler
Kurgan

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:
Scribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby Kurgan » August 29th, 2020, 2:03 pm

Telescoping Staff that can be tucked under a cloak? Or a "keyring" to hold your wands?

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie!
Channeler
Kurgan

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:
Scribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberChampion Group Member

Previous