• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Corpse Looting

Discuss new Rules for HeroQuest.

Re: Corpse Looting

Postby DragonHead » June 21st, 2010, 3:53 pm

Yeah I like the bomb idea but I think they hsould do more damage like an automatic 1 body point of damage or two or like four or five attack dice, because a bomb is gone forever.(Right?!)

I think it owuld be cool if you could like search bookshelves and come up with like spell books which or something that let the wizard lear (permanately) a new spell, because in my game I have made many spells that teh wizard can buy with money ,olease give me feed-back on power, price and other things.

The document also includes extra monsters- stats and stuff along with info on a market I was going to make where instead of just buying stuff you could go to town, buy stuff at the tavern, barter with other heroes, (maybe even buy a house) and ect.

Back to the looting ideas (sorry for sidetracking) would a monster come back as an undead, for example you kill three orcs, if you get unlucky could they come back as like skeletons, maybe at less or more powerful than regular ones.

Link to post containing Market and Monsters.doc
Last edited by DragonHead on October 6th, 2013, 2:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Duplicate attachment removed, link to previous attachment's post added.
Clairclaw, The witch lord even The Terror King and Zargon bow before me, part before my will, my power.I am all mighty, I control the universe,the mage of all, the destroyer of nations,I am the creator, I am Dragonhead!!!!!
DragonHead

Mummy
Mummy

Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby mo123813 » June 21st, 2010, 5:08 pm

DragonHead wrote:Yeah I like the bomb idea but I think they hsould do more damage like an automatic 1 body point of damage or two or like four or five attack dice, because a bomb is gone forever.(Right?!)

I think it owuld be cool if you could like search bookshelves and come up with like spell books which or something that let the wizard lear (permanately) a new spell, because in my game I have made many spells that teh wizard can buy with money ,olease give me feed-back on power, price and other things.

The document also includes extra monsters- stats and stuff along with info on a market I was going to make where instead of just buying stuff you could go to town, buy stuff at the tavern, barter with other heroes, (maybe even buy a house) and ect.

Back to the looting ideas (sorry for sidetracking) would a monster come back as an undead, for example you kill three orcs, if you get unlucky could they come back as like skeletons, maybe at less or more powerful than regular ones.

Think I could use some of those spells for my quest pack?
Check out my new character: Halfling! I promise you will consider using it!
viewtopic.php?f=35&t=405
Remember, if you run out of dice,
3/4/5 = skulls
1/2 = white shields
6 = black shields
mo123813

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain

Usergroups:

Postby torilen » June 22nd, 2010, 12:14 pm

in the same vein as the bomb idea - how about, if its a goblin or orc or something similar - their belly
bursts from the fight - toxic fumes come pouring out - 2 BP damage to all within 2 space radius
huh? huh? yeah?

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic.
torilen

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby mo123813 » June 22nd, 2010, 1:52 pm

Cool idea, but my 9 year old cousin plays, so im not sure that would work, if you know what i mean
Check out my new character: Halfling! I promise you will consider using it!
viewtopic.php?f=35&t=405
Remember, if you run out of dice,
3/4/5 = skulls
1/2 = white shields
6 = black shields
mo123813

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain

Usergroups:

Postby DragonHead » June 23rd, 2010, 4:57 pm

Yeah you cna use my ideas, I'm fine but I'd like it if you gave me some credtit, okay!
Clairclaw, The witch lord even The Terror King and Zargon bow before me, part before my will, my power.I am all mighty, I control the universe,the mage of all, the destroyer of nations,I am the creator, I am Dragonhead!!!!!
DragonHead

Mummy
Mummy

Usergroups:

Postby ndsandman » August 9th, 2010, 11:55 pm

I just posted under Saturday Night Dungeon, my first time tonight playing with my two sons, and I asked about "house rules" as in any game rules are meant to be followed, bent and even broken at times. Wow for some serious nice ideas i read here, I am think about downloading a HQ card creator program, and making dead body search group of no more than 25 cards, to match the amount of treasure cards in the Original HeroQuest box. Guess I will have to have a line at the bottom of the cards giving credit where credit is due LOL.
He Who Dies with the Most Loot
Probably Ran into the Dragon
ndsandman

Mummy
Mummy

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Ryno » August 10th, 2010, 12:37 am

I was thinking about doing a lazy man's looting starting on my next quest. However, I like the idea that it could be less gold, more gold or items at random, would be more fun that way, but more work and more time for players to wait for their turns too.

Here's my proposal for ultimate easy and lazy man's looting.

After a kill, the hero rolls 1d6 and receives gold in the amount of the die roll x10. Every time a hero slays a monster he receives between 10 - 60 gold pieces. I think this should only be in affect when there are 3 or more heroes.
Ryno

Mummy
Mummy

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Ryno » August 23rd, 2010, 5:33 pm

Scratch my last, it gives them too much gold. I'm now going to be using this other new idea of mine for looting and thought I would share:

Every time a hero kills a monster, the hero rolls 2 dice to determine how much gold they receive (1:1, meaning if they roll 5, they get 5 gold). If you roll two sames(example: two 4's), you get to pull a random artifact card from the artifact card deck.

At first I thought them having to manage the math on those little increases would get to be a nuisance, but I think it will help them stay entertained while they are waiting for the next turn that much more.

Two options on the heroes getting their loot:
a) Automatically roll for it right after each kill
OR
b) A weapon pack tile (from the elf quest pack) is placed where the monster dies. A hero can only claim this loot when there are no monsters in sight and they land on the loot.

Ryno

Mummy
Mummy

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby drathe » August 23rd, 2010, 8:31 pm

I like the idea of placing the pack and claiming the loot. It would make things more interesting if Heroes who are more competitive are playing.

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Innkeepers Group Member Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby ndsandman » August 24th, 2010, 8:38 pm

Just like watchinhing professional wrestling LOL, looks like the person is about to be pinned, all wore out beaten iches from death and then people start to chant his name, and they stand up and it looks like they just inserted a new battery and they continue to fight and most times win !!
Oh I like this idea. They think they slew the monster and as they are walking by him, he reaches out and trips them for a surprise attack :)
He Who Dies with the Most Loot
Probably Ran into the Dragon
ndsandman

Mummy
Mummy

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to Rules