• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Heroquest color dices and combat skills

Discuss new Rules for HeroQuest.

Re: Heroquest color dices and combat skills

Postby slev » April 21st, 2016, 4:52 am

Having talked to Flint, the dice chap gets them custom printed in the UK (by a company I'm familiar with no less), then shipped to Germany in bulk. Or at least he did.


Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
slev

Scout
Scout
 
Posts: 1069
Images: 6
Joined: August 26th, 2014, 7:55 am
Location: Manchester
Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Heroquest color dices and combat skills

Postby StratosVX » May 2nd, 2016, 8:36 pm

I got the dice today. I ordered each set of the colored dice (not white) and they were 6.89 EUR each with 4.00 EUR shipping. He even threw in one of the skull coasters. Also, Jack understand English very well and he was quick to respond to e-mails.


Rewards:
Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
User avatar
Scribe of Heroes
StratosVX
I hate snakes, Jacques...

Scout
Scout
 
Posts: 1145
Joined: November 6th, 2012, 12:44 am
Location: Utah, USA
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: Heroquest color dices and combat skills

Postby Count Mohawk » May 2nd, 2016, 10:02 pm

Has the distribution of sides changed on any of the dice recently?
When last I checked, they were:

White: (As original)
Green: Skull | Skull | Shield | Shield | Shield | Walrus
Blue: Skull | Skull | Skull | Shield | Walrus | Walrus
Black: Skull | Skull | Skull | Skull | Shield | Walrus
Purple: Double Skull | Skull | Skull | Double Shield | Shield | Walrus
Orange: Double Skull | Double Skull | Skull | Double Shield | Double Walrus | Walrus
Yellow: Double Skull | Skull | Double Shield | Shield | Double Walrus | Walrus


Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
User avatar
Marquis of Math
Count Mohawk

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior
 
Posts: 696
Joined: July 11th, 2013, 5:18 pm
Location: New England, USA
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Re: Heroquest color dices and combat skills

Postby StratosVX » May 3rd, 2016, 2:42 am

Count Mohawk wrote:Has the distribution of sides changed on any of the dice recently?
When last I checked, they were:

White: (As original)
Green: Skull | Skull | Shield | Shield | Shield | Walrus
Blue: Skull | Skull | Skull | Shield | Walrus | Walrus
Black: Skull | Skull | Skull | Skull | Shield | Walrus
Purple: Double Skull | Skull | Skull | Double Shield | Shield | Walrus
Orange: Double Skull | Double Skull | Skull | Double Shield | Double Walrus | Walrus
Yellow: Double Skull | Skull | Double Shield | Shield | Double Walrus | Walrus


The ones that have changed are:
Purple: Double Skull | Skull | Skull | Double Shield | Shield | Double Walrus
Orange: Double Skull | Double Skull | Double Shield | Double Shield | Walrus | Double Walrus


Rewards:
Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
User avatar
Scribe of Heroes
StratosVX
I hate snakes, Jacques...

Scout
Scout
 
Posts: 1145
Joined: November 6th, 2012, 12:44 am
Location: Utah, USA
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: Heroquest color dices and combat skills

Postby slev » May 3rd, 2016, 4:54 am

So:
Purple walruss becomes double walruss;
Orange single skull becomes double skull.

Not a big change, and I can see the reasoning with the Purple.


Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
slev

Scout
Scout
 
Posts: 1069
Images: 6
Joined: August 26th, 2014, 7:55 am
Location: Manchester
Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Re: Heroquest color dices and combat skills

Postby StratosVX » May 3rd, 2016, 11:46 am

slev wrote:So:
Orange single skull becomes double skull.

Actually skull becomes double shield.


Rewards:
Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
User avatar
Scribe of Heroes
StratosVX
I hate snakes, Jacques...

Scout
Scout
 
Posts: 1145
Joined: November 6th, 2012, 12:44 am
Location: Utah, USA
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: Heroquest color dices and combat skills

Postby QorDaq » May 3rd, 2016, 3:00 pm

StratosVX wrote:I got the dice today. I ordered each set of the colored dice (not white) and they were 6.89 EUR each with 4.00 EUR shipping. He even threw in one of the skull coasters. Also, Jack understand English very well and he was quick to respond to e-mails.


Thanks Stratos,

Just so I understand; You received 6 sets (of six dice), Shipping was 4 EUR, and all told the order came to ~ 52.00 USD? Is that about right?

And, did you go through the shopping cart on the site or did you contact him via e-mail first?

The reason I ask, is because on the Toy Saloon website, the listing say's that each set is 8.20 EUR, Including 19% Vats, + Shipping which would be closer to ~ 61.00 USD. It's only $9 difference, but I want to confirm.

Again, I appreciate the info man.
maj! = Klingon word for "Good". Used in the context of "I approve".

- vay' DaneHbogh yIchargh!
User avatar
QorDaq

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior
 
Posts: 616
Joined: March 4th, 2014, 6:09 am
Location: U.S.
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: Heroquest color dices and combat skills

Postby StratosVX » May 3rd, 2016, 5:46 pm

QorDaq wrote:
StratosVX wrote:I got the dice today. I ordered each set of the colored dice (not white) and they were 6.89 EUR each with 4.00 EUR shipping. He even threw in one of the skull coasters. Also, Jack understand English very well and he was quick to respond to e-mails.


Thanks Stratos,

Just so I understand; You received 6 sets (of six dice), Shipping was 4 EUR, and all told the order came to ~ 52.00 USD? Is that about right?

And, did you go through the shopping cart on the site or did you contact him via e-mail first?

The reason I ask, is because on the Toy Saloon website, the listing say's that each set is 8.20 EUR, Including 19% Vats, + Shipping which would be closer to ~ 61.00 USD. It's only $9 difference, but I want to confirm.

Again, I appreciate the info man.

That's correct. I saw the same thing but I figured the site would give me a total before I paid and I could cancel if it was too much. In the end, I paid less than I thought I would. $52.58 USD was the final total. I just went through the site and didn't contact him beforehand. I ended up contacting him to see if they shipped because I never did hear anything about my order shipping or being processed, so I wasn't sure if anything had been done with it.


Rewards:
Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
User avatar
Scribe of Heroes
StratosVX
I hate snakes, Jacques...

Scout
Scout
 
Posts: 1145
Joined: November 6th, 2012, 12:44 am
Location: Utah, USA
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: Heroquest color dices and combat skills

Postby QorDaq » May 3rd, 2016, 6:13 pm

Ahh, okay, so that's good info to have, (That you only got confirmation after contacting the vendor). I assume then that the delay was mostly international shipping?

Regardless, glad to hear that these really are still available, that's good to know as well.

maj!
maj! = Klingon word for "Good". Used in the context of "I approve".

- vay' DaneHbogh yIchargh!
User avatar
QorDaq

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior
 
Posts: 616
Joined: March 4th, 2014, 6:09 am
Location: U.S.
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: Heroquest color dices and combat skills

Postby StratosVX » May 3rd, 2016, 6:23 pm

I'm guessing the delay was the international shipping, yes. When I contacted him, Jack was surprised I hadn't received it yet. I got the package two days later though.


Rewards:
Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
User avatar
Scribe of Heroes
StratosVX
I hate snakes, Jacques...

Scout
Scout
 
Posts: 1145
Joined: November 6th, 2012, 12:44 am
Location: Utah, USA
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Champion Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to Rules

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests