by Kurgan » February 13th, 2021, 2:09 pm
I've revised this... after reading the NA rules it clearly states that each Hero can search each room once. So that's four searches per room! If there is a specified Quest treasure, that will be the first thing found (along with any non-disarmed furniture traps!). Three more searches could be done and those will be card draws. So following it literally, if the quest book says "nothing" then that means the first search will reveal "nothing" but the next three searches would be a card draw, so could be "something!"
Yes, it's weird, but it's there in black and white. So here is how I am going to handle it:
1) No quest notes specified treasure in weapon's rack room? First treasure searcher draws an equipment card.
2) Searcher #2 in that room is a normal treasure card draw.
3) Same for Searchers #3 and #4 as the second step.
If there IS a quest notes specified treasure then that will be it for the first search. And the next three searches will all be treasure card draws.
If there are less than 4 heroes alive, that means it will limit how many times the room can be searched even more. A solo Hero would only get one search per room, after all (and henchmen can't search for Treasure)...
Unless its a super hard quest, I'm going to pull Plate, Chainmail and Battle Axe cards out of the deck for that purpose. Now the question is, should I pull ALL big gold items out then? Cloak, Longbow, Greatsword, Warhammer and Tower shield, all pieces I've set as pretty expensive... maybe I should pull anything that costs over 450 gold coins?
I'll still use the full Equipment deck as a way to get a "new" character jumping into a quest with a bunch of veteran heroes (or basic heroes jumping into a later quest meant for veterans) up to speed with a random draw.
If they happen to get something that they can sell later for some gold, great, they will have to survive long enough to spend it!
Rewards:
