• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Heroquest color dices and combat skills

Discuss new Rules for HeroQuest.

Re: Heroquest color dices and combat skill

Postby moonboy » April 4th, 2016, 11:32 am

Image
Last edited by moonboy on April 4th, 2016, 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
moonboy
 
Posts: 7
Joined: April 1st, 2016, 2:47 pm
Forum Language: Français
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Heroquest color dices and combat skills

Postby QorDaq » April 4th, 2016, 12:25 pm

I keep meaning to get some of those dice, if only to have in the collection. I have seen some cool systems developed for their use. How much have you tested this one out MoonBoy?

maj!
maj! = Klingon word for "Good". Used in the context of "I approve".

- vay' DaneHbogh yIchargh!
User avatar
QorDaq

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior
 
Posts: 616
Joined: March 4th, 2014, 6:09 am
Location: U.S.
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: Heroquest color dices and combat skills

Postby moonboy » April 4th, 2016, 12:45 pm

I play some quests for the moment, what I find fun in this system, each player uses his own dice, the dwarf is a bit all or nothing full critical, agility of the elf is represented by its good level defense, he easily avoids the traps.

I play the European version, so the monsters have only one life point.

I thought maybe reverse the dice of the barbaric and the wizard.

I also noticed that some monsters become resistant against some spells
moonboy
 
Posts: 7
Joined: April 1st, 2016, 2:47 pm
Forum Language: Français
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar

Re: Heroquest color dices and combat skills

Postby mitchiemasha » April 4th, 2016, 1:10 pm

Nice table but I wouldn't go with those choices.


Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Prince
mitchiemasha

Halberdier
Halberdier
 
Posts: 1474
Joined: August 14th, 2014, 2:05 am
Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Re: Heroquest color dices and combat skills

Postby QorDaq » April 4th, 2016, 1:12 pm

mitchiemasha wrote:Nice table but I wouldn't go with those choices.


What would your choices be?
maj! = Klingon word for "Good". Used in the context of "I approve".

- vay' DaneHbogh yIchargh!
User avatar
QorDaq

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior
 
Posts: 616
Joined: March 4th, 2014, 6:09 am
Location: U.S.
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: Heroquest color dices and combat skills

Postby moonboy » April 4th, 2016, 2:42 pm

I wouldn't go with those choices


Yes that is one of the reasons I share it, to know your opinion about the color attributions of dice
moonboy
 
Posts: 7
Joined: April 1st, 2016, 2:47 pm
Forum Language: Français
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar

Re: Heroquest color dices and combat skills

Postby torilen » April 4th, 2016, 6:28 pm

Interesting, from what I can gather.

Sorry - my French is nil. Most other lanugages, too...so don't be offended. I took spanish for
3 years in high school and 2 in college, and got D's straight across. I'm not made for
foreign languages.

Welcome, though. I think this is one of your first posts. It's a good one.


Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic.
torilen

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin
 
Posts: 2081
Joined: October 9th, 2009, 4:18 am
Location: Virginia, USA
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Re: Heroquest color dices and combat skills

Postby Anderas » April 5th, 2016, 12:44 am

I would also change the wizard dice with the Barbarian dice. :)
Why? Like that the Barbarian has a little bit stronger attack than the rest of them. Sometimes he does "rending" doubleskulls.


Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear
 
Posts: 3397
Images: 73
Joined: September 20th, 2014, 7:02 am
Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: Heroquest color dices and combat skills

Postby knightkrawler » April 5th, 2016, 11:10 am

Anderas wrote:I would also change the wizard dice with the Barbarian dice. :)
Why? Like that the Barbarian has a little bit stronger attack than the rest of them. Sometimes he does "rending" doubleskulls.


...and as the better fighter over all, he also defens better.
It's quite obvious really.

Boy, do I hate the unthematic and unintuitive coloring of these dice...
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.


Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord
 
Posts: 5825
Images: 27
Joined: May 25th, 2012, 2:26 pm
Location: Regensburg, Germany
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: Heroquest color dices and combat skills

Postby The Admiral » April 5th, 2016, 12:59 pm

My natural inclination would be:
Elf - white
Wizard - Green
Barbarian - Purple

It just looks right.


Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters.
The Admiral

Halberdier
Halberdier
 
Posts: 1475
Joined: April 8th, 2015, 7:31 am
Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to Rules

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests