• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

[The Four Horseman] Quest Pack Idea

Discuss Quest creation and share Quests/Quest Packs you've created.

Re: [The Four Horseman] Quest Pack Idea

Postby Davane » December 12th, 2020, 6:55 pm

Spookyhappyfun wrote:
Thor-in wrote:Now with looking at The 4 Gods of Chaos idea (if Spookyhappyfun will let me use that) I'm thinking of changing the name a little.

Sure! Have fun!

I'm not sure how well the Chaos Gods map to the horsemen's 4 areas, but I'm sure they can be made to work.

Khorne is the god of anger and violence. Tzeentch is sorcery, change, and manipulation. Slaanesh is excess, indulgence, and passion. And Nurgle is disease, decay, destruction, and death.

It's quite easy to map the four Chaos Gods to the Four Horsemen with a little creative thought.

Khorne = War - this is a no brainer. Blood, skulls, war, violence, the works.
Nurgle = Pestilence - not just a no-brainer, Nurgle is specifically designed as the god of plagues.
Tzeentch = Death. This is a little bit obscure, but in things like Tarot, Death is representative of change, and Tzeentch is the Chaos God of Change.
Slaanesh = Famine. Even more obscure, but Slaanesh is a good of passion and indulgence, including gluttony. Overeating limited supplies of food results in famine. Thus, Slaanesh relates to Famine, because it's cultists CAUSE famine by over-eating.

I can easily see a QP where you have the four champions of Chaos as Morcar/Zargon's generals, resulting in a pack like Wizards of Morcar, but with a bit more story depth...
"The HeroQuest World is loosely based on the Warhammer World which is the copyright of Games Workshop and is used by their permission."

HeroQuest Combined English Edition Rule Book (HQ CERB)
Davane

Orc Shaman
Orc Shaman

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Previous

Return to Quests and Quest Packs