• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Quest Pack idea in the works Assasin's Creed

Discuss Quest creation and share Quests/Quest Packs you've created.

Re: Quest Pack idea in the works Assasin's Creed

Postby Dark Fire Jade » March 9th, 2014, 4:12 am

havnet used heroscribe yet but have templates of blank quest shets and icons to use and make maps that look like from the orginal quest books and have to wait to post attachments i found out so oncwe im allowed to i shall be reavealing more on what i have but any thoughts of what i have reaveled thus far?
There is sorrow behind those wintery eyes.... But with the Storm comes lighting and thunder bringing light and fear to those who cause trouble within the storm.

Projects Currently working on HQIII story arc idea, assasin's creed packs, advancement system "from heroes to champions" I and II are up part III coming soon, Tales of a Jester/ Loki Quest Pack and much more pm me for more info or search for my topics and posts! |_P
Dark Fire Jade

Skeleton
Skeleton

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby Big Bene » March 9th, 2014, 4:36 am

There is no real way to include attachments. You can upload pictures to the galleries, that's all. All the pictures included in posts, all downloadable date etc. that you see here in the forum is hosted elsewhere and linked. As for myself, I use my own private domain, others use photobucket and the like. When finished, you may ask drathe to upload your quest to the "Quests" section of the homepage.

Let me also include a hint to my own quest maker tool - you can find the link in my signature. It's a Word doc, so you con drag and drop, copy and paste the symbols and add own graphic as you please. Heroscribe, on the othe hand, has been around for much longer and has lots of extra symbols and maps included, which my tool has not.

As for assasin's creed, I have never played it or even seen someone plying it. I've heard much good about, though. If I can give advise, it would only be to transfer the story / background into the World of HQ and find a way to let the standard heroes accompany the assasin, so established groups can use your questbook. Of course I don't know how difficult, if at all possible, this would be.
Have a look ;)

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Big Bene

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Dark Fire Jade » March 9th, 2014, 4:52 am

The quest pack will be designed to ethier have a new assasin play or have the heroes assist an assasin "side npc" through the quest pack and then be allowed to hire the assasin like a mercanary or men at arms would be to help. Thank you for the info so looking like i need to look into a hosting site for my content to show it ie pics and pdfs? is what i need to do?
There is sorrow behind those wintery eyes.... But with the Storm comes lighting and thunder bringing light and fear to those who cause trouble within the storm.

Projects Currently working on HQIII story arc idea, assasin's creed packs, advancement system "from heroes to champions" I and II are up part III coming soon, Tales of a Jester/ Loki Quest Pack and much more pm me for more info or search for my topics and posts! |_P
Dark Fire Jade

Skeleton
Skeleton

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby TMU » March 9th, 2014, 4:56 am

There is an attachments button beneath the answer sheet, but I would still recommend you to do it as Big Bene told you ;)
"There is no greater danger than playing it safe."

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Slaughtered an Orc! Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Second Lieutenant
TMU

Swordsman
Swordsman

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby Dark Fire Jade » March 9th, 2014, 5:47 am

Here is a sample artifact card idea I have with an alt back for the artifacts for this pack if you want to have them look different. Any thoughts?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Dark Fire Jade

Skeleton
Skeleton

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Sjeng » March 9th, 2014, 9:07 am

I'd try and use the HQ card maker program, to make the cards look more HQ like. Trust me, the programs hosted here are awesome.
Check out my YouTube channel Boardgame Heaven, and drop me a sub please!

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Forum Language: Nederlands
Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby Gold Bearer » March 9th, 2014, 12:18 pm

Dark Fire Jade wrote:Yes its coming along nicely do you make your own quests? If so would you like a preview and get your opinion on it?
Not for a long time. I've come up with ideas for a few that I'll probably do properly when I've finished my other custom content. Looking forward to seeing your stuff. An Assassins Creed theme is a nice idea. I'd steer clear of fire arms though. Just a personal thing but I've never liked them in a medieval fantasy setting and it would stop feeling like HQ.

drathe wrote:Yes, give us a preview and we'll gladly provide feedback. I've never actually played Assassin's Creed and any similarities will be lost on me, but I do like a good quest pack!
Big Bene wrote:As for assasin's creed, I have never played it or even seen someone plying it. I've heard much good about, though.
You should definitely play the earlier ones. It's not very in depth but it looks and feels epic and there's a few different methods of playing. I like owning the rooftops and I never run from a fight, unless I'm luring them somewhere. I remember when I first took out a templar with one strike, or when I realised you could take out four guards in the second one before they even react. :) I lost interest by the third one because they brought it to far forward in time for my taste.
:goblin: 1BP, :orc: 2BP, :fimir: 3BP, :skeleton: 1BP, :zombie: 2BP, :mummy: 3BP, :chaoswarrior: 4BP, :gargoyle: 5BP. US :chaoswarrior: 3BP, US :gargoyle: 4BP.

Expanded Combined Spells: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=4296

A psychedelic substance occasionally causes psychotic behaviour in people who have not taken it. - Terence McKenna
DMT - The Spirit Molecule: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwZqVqbkyLM

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Shattered a Skeleton! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Gold Bearer

Crossbowman
Crossbowman

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby sajungzak » March 9th, 2014, 2:17 pm

Dark Fire Jade wrote:i need to look into a hosting site for my content to show it ie pics and pdfs? is what i need to do?

I use google+ for pics because I already had gmail, and google Drive for other files. Now its all on my phone, and automatic. I can just right click the pic and choose copy image url, then paste as easily. bing bang boom
this is where I've been posting my painting progress so far:
http://www.facebook.com/zachary.lewis.96

Rewards:
Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Created a Hot Topic. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Destroyed a Zombie!
sajungzak

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Dark Fire Jade » March 9th, 2014, 4:00 pm

Sjeng wrote:I'd try and use the HQ card maker program, to make the cards look more HQ like. Trust me, the programs hosted here are awesome.

Thanks for the reminder lol I made the card awhile back forgot I do have the card creator so I wil be redoing the cards I made and making more. Like the concept for a weapon to have a little more accuarcy? A 4 out of 6 instead of a 50 / 50.

Gold Bearer wrote:
Dark Fire Jade wrote:Yes its coming along nicely do you make your own quests? If so would you like a preview and get your opinion on it?
Not for a long time. I've come up with ideas for a few that I'll probably do properly when I've finished my other custom content. Looking forward to seeing your stuff. An Assassins Creed theme is a nice idea. I'd steer clear of fire arms though. Just a personal thing but I've never liked them in a medieval fantasy setting and it would stop feeling like HQ.

I agree Not much for fire arms in the time setting ethier. Only thought of using them is later on when I get to my third pack idea based off ac4 but that will be awhile have to finish the first two packs first lol but there are ideas in the works already! |_P

:greenorb: :greenorb: :greenorb:

Also to all who havnt played the series i recommend it we all like the middle ages ie heroquest era basically so give it a try the early ones can be found pretty cheap and are good and ges better as you go! But I will say this you do not have to play the series to enjoy this pack its my own version for a storyline that takes ideas from it and incoperates some cool things into hq will be posting more ideas shortly.

Dark Fire Jade

Skeleton
Skeleton

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Gold Bearer » March 9th, 2014, 5:54 pm

Here's my assassin:

Assassin: A1/^ D2~ S12 B6 M4
Race: Human. Class: Assassin. Equipment: Blow Pipe, Dagger, Leather Armour.
Special Rules: Can disarm traps using the Tool Kit rules as standard and the Dwarf rules when using a Tool Kit. Can backstab with a one handed blade attacking (axes don't count) with two extra combat dice from directly behind and with one extra combat dice from diagonally behind. If you fail to defend roll a die for every BP damage you're about to take, if any of them are white shields you dodge the attack. Can move through enemies. Can only wear Light Amour and can't use any type of shield or helmet. Can use a Blow Pipe to fire twice and move at half rate.
Veteran: +2A when throwing knives.
Master: Can throw three knives if you don't move and two knives if you move at half rate.
Legend: Lands a death blow that kills the target outright if all attacking dice are skulls and they don't make their defence roll.

Have you seen this? It's quite good.

And these are hilarious, especially the first one. :)

:goblin: 1BP, :orc: 2BP, :fimir: 3BP, :skeleton: 1BP, :zombie: 2BP, :mummy: 3BP, :chaoswarrior: 4BP, :gargoyle: 5BP. US :chaoswarrior: 3BP, US :gargoyle: 4BP.

Expanded Combined Spells: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=4296

A psychedelic substance occasionally causes psychotic behaviour in people who have not taken it. - Terence McKenna
DMT - The Spirit Molecule: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwZqVqbkyLM

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Shattered a Skeleton! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Gold Bearer

Crossbowman
Crossbowman

Hero:
Usergroups:

PreviousNext

Return to Quests and Quest Packs