• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

[Quest Pack] [10 Main Quests] - The Empires Last Gleaming

Discuss Quest creation and share Quests/Quest Packs you've created.

Re: [Quest Pack] [10 Main Quests] - The Empires Last Gleamin

Postby Hero_Of_Retro » August 9th, 2014, 7:27 pm

Thanks. I haven't been able to complete the cards yet. They are at the minute rough drafts. But it is so close to completion. The secret side quests are just something extra to do for alternate endings. Just a way to give the quest some more re-playability.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Hero_Of_Retro

Orc Shaman
Orc Shaman

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby vryce » August 12th, 2014, 1:02 pm

This project is looking good! Can't wait for a final pdf :)
vryce

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon

Postby Hero_Of_Retro » August 13th, 2014, 6:04 pm

Thank you. I am due a 2 week holiday near the end of the month. I plan to get it out and get it done to a more final standard with help if i can. :)

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Hero_Of_Retro

Orc Shaman
Orc Shaman

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby vryce » August 18th, 2014, 12:36 am

Awesome! Wish I had skills in this department lol, maybe after I get back in it. Have a good holiday!
vryce

Hero:

Postby StratosVX » August 18th, 2014, 1:58 am

Hero_Of_Retro wrote:Thank you. I am due a 2 week holiday near the end of the month. I plan to get it out and get it done to a more final standard with help if i can. :)

What type of help are you looking for?

Rewards:
Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Scribe of Heroes
StratosVX
I hate snakes, Jacques...

Scout
Scout

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Hero_Of_Retro » August 18th, 2014, 3:21 am

Just to get the cards corrected Stratosx. Ive been trying to perfect them a little more. Are they good enough. Not sure if i should just pdf them with the card backs then insert them in quest pack.

1306 1307

Rewards:
Hero_Of_Retro

Orc Shaman
Orc Shaman

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Hero_Of_Retro » August 18th, 2014, 3:23 am

Thanks vryce! At first its hard, but once you get used to it. You can breeze through it. :) Folk here will help you perfect it though. :)

Rewards:
Hero_Of_Retro

Orc Shaman
Orc Shaman

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby StratosVX » August 18th, 2014, 4:30 am

My personal opinion is they need to be tweaked.

I believe there's too much use of the exclamation point.

Rules of language are not my strong point, but I believe the proper wording for these would be "…weapon of unknown origin" and not origins. The way the card is written sounds weird to me but like I said, the rules of languages don't make sense to me so if someone else could verify.

The weapons that give the use of the Chaos set should have clearer rules. Do the Elf and Wizard get to use all of the Chaos spells, or do they replace an elemental set with the same number of cards they had? Going off of just the base cards, the Elf would have three spells he can cast in any given dungeon. By switching to the Chaos spells, does he still only get three, or does he get them all? If he only gets three, does he get to chose which three or is it a random draw of cards?

This is probably just my personal taste, but the original artifact cards were two tone. I try to make my artifact cards along the same lines as that. They aren't exactly two tone because of the gradients in-between, but I still keep with those colors. Again, that's just my personal taste but this is what I mean:
Staff.jpg

I only used this one because I see we had the same staff image from the internet for our use. ;) I just used the card template that I believe I got from here so the fonts don't match, but you get the idea. I also changed the wording a bit because "beholds" didn't fit and I felt the wording about the Chaos set fit better this way.

Just my :2cents: Or three or four...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by StratosVX on August 18th, 2014, 4:47 am, edited 2 times in total.

Rewards:
Scribe of Heroes
StratosVX

Scout
Scout

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby StratosVX » August 18th, 2014, 4:45 am

Not to be picky, but I saw the spells after my last post. The wording on some of them needs to be reworked too. These are my suggestions:

Collapse: This spell allows the caster to block the path of a monster or collapse a wall to pass through as a means of escape. This spell is then discarded.
Protect: This spell uses the forces of nature to create a barrier around you. Once cast, you are protected from spells and physical damage for this turn and the next turn. The spell is then discarded.
Revive: This spell allows any fallen Ally or Champion to continue the quest. The recently deceased begins with full Body and Mind Points. The spell is then discarded.

When you say the spell is discarded, do you mean these are only good for one use, ever? Or do the heroes get these spells back after each quest like the other spell sets?

Rewards:
Scribe of Heroes
StratosVX

Scout
Scout

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Sjeng » August 18th, 2014, 8:17 am

Nice! I would try and get the hue of the cards evened out more. White and dark brown. No tones inbetween.
You can try this in photoshop by tweaking the levels of the image. Not the entire card.
Check out my YouTube channel Boardgame Heaven, and drop me a sub please!

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Forum Language: Nederlands
Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to Quests and Quest Packs