• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

[Quest Pack] [12 Quests] - Heralds of Chaos

Discuss Quest creation and share Quests/Quest Packs you've created.

Re: [Preview] [Quest Pack] [12 Quests] - Heralds of Chaos

Postby Count Mohawk » December 31st, 2014, 8:42 am

Anderas wrote:Me personally, i have some difficulties with the custom orcs as well. If an orc with a shield/armour/spear/crossbow is shown, what kind of stats does he have?
Maybe there is a common understanding about the changes; but me personally, i don't get it yet. :D

The weapon and armor mini-icons award the same stat change regardless of which monster holds them:
Icon table.png

This same table will be featured at the beginning of the Quest Book for reference.
(Some of these are changed from what thy say in preview #3.)

So an Orc with Shield/Chain Mail/Spear/Crossbow would have a stat line of Mv 8, At 3 (diagonal and ranged), De 3, Bo 2, Mi 2.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
Marquis of Math
Count Mohawk

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: [Preview] [Quest Pack] [12 Quests] - Heralds of Chaos

Postby cynthialee » December 31st, 2014, 1:38 pm

Tricked out monsters like that is how I like to deliver equipment upgrades and occasional artifacts. The heroes have to face it before they can have it! Such finds will be rare, but there is no way you are getting something sweet that is in Zargons possession without him trying to slaughter you with it.
So it is said that if you know your enemies and know yourself, you can win a hundred battles without a single loss.
If you only know yourself, but not your opponent, you may win or may lose.
If you know neither yourself nor your enemy, you will always endanger yourself.
~Sun Tsu The art of War~

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
cynthialee

Swordsman
Swordsman

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: [Quest Pack] [12 Quests] - Heralds of Chaos

Postby Count Mohawk » January 1st, 2015, 3:01 pm

Anyone who wants to see the full Quest Pack would do well to check the first post, as I have updated it to ring in the new year. The current PDF features all twelve Quests, as well as some cards for the new Artifacts. I did forget to include tiles for the furniture and room overlays, so I'll have to make at least one more update, but otherwise the whole pack is pretty much complete and playable.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
Marquis of Math
Count Mohawk

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby MadMickyG » April 4th, 2015, 7:53 pm

How bout this as a Chaos Fury Count Mohawk?

Just take the Gargoyle wings and squeeze them between the shoulder plates of a Chaos Warrior. Doesnt even have to be glued.
Here is my post in regards to it.
viewtopic.php?f=36&t=2885

Can make a card for it too if you want.
Check out my dabblings in writing.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Madhouse ... 4179561807
Feel free to let me know what you think. All comments/criticisms welcome.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
MadMickyG

Necromancer
Necromancer

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Count Mohawk » April 4th, 2015, 10:16 pm

MadMickyG wrote:How bout this as a Chaos Fury Count Mohawk?

Just take the Gargoyle wings and squeeze them between the shoulder plates of a Chaos Warrior. Doesnt even have to be glued.
Here is my post in regards to it.
viewtopic.php?f=36&t=2885

Can make a card for it too if you want.

I saw that thread and I was duly impressed. I tried it with my Gargoyle's wings but didn't quite manage to get them to stick. Another time, perhaps.

As for the cards, I'm making my own style of cards, so I can do those when I want to. (...I just don't want to yet.) But thanks for the offer.

Rewards:
Marquis of Math
Count Mohawk

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby The Admiral » May 6th, 2015, 4:00 pm

I looked this up after the reference in the Gargoyle thread. Very impressive. I've been looking for a quest for my Barbarian and his team that brings in Halfling henchmen, and this starts close enough to the moot to tie it into our storyline. I especially like the oblique reference to Balur as he is the basis of the Wizard Quest Pack I'm designing which will be the next quest for my Wizard and his group.

I have a couple of questions. One technical, the other just curiosity. Are the Chaos Fury mind attacks ranged or do they need to be adjacent to make them? And what is the name of the city that the ill fated evil sorcerer takes over (Quests 7-9)? I quite like the fact that he is the heroes focus for three quests. They never meet him and then find him dead at the end. Nice storyline.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
The Admiral

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Count Mohawk » May 6th, 2015, 5:00 pm

The Admiral wrote:I looked this up after the reference in the Gargoyle thread. Very impressive. I've been looking for a quest for my Barbarian and his team that brings in Halfling henchmen, and this starts close enough to the moot to tie it into our storyline. I especially like the oblique reference to Balur as he is the basis of the Wizard Quest Pack I'm designing which will be the next quest for my Wizard and his group.

I have a couple of questions. One technical, the other just curiosity. Are the Chaos Fury mind attacks ranged or do they need to be adjacent to make them? And what is the name of the city that the ill fated evil sorcerer takes over (Quests 7-9)? I quite like the fact that he is the heroes focus for three quests. They never meet him and then find him dead at the end. Nice storyline.

Haha, thanks! Did you notice anything familiar about the layout of The Crags of Black Fire? I copied the layout of Balur's original Quest for the first half of the Quest, right up until you get to the room with the armored Fimir, and the room with the Fire Spell scrolls is implied to contain all the furniture from his Escape destination, hastily shoved out of the way to make room for the Orcs' forge.

Hm, it seems I never named the city that the ill-fated sorcerer takes over. I may have to fix that at some point. I suppose there's no reason why it can't be the city of Kurst itself, with the Acropolis being relatively close by, which would also explain why the sorcerer keeps the gates barred (i.e. to keep out Bane's Death Knights). I'm not 100% sold on that explanation yet, but it will do for now.

The Chaos Furies have to be adjacent to initiate their Mind attacks.

I actually always intended for the character of Bane, the aspiring necromancer-turned-lich, to be the theme bridging together these otherwise unconnected storylines. I don't explain it in the lore as such, but the correct implication of his appearances in Quests 3, 5 and 9 is that he's looking for the arcane ingredients required to finish the lich relic you destroy in #12. The sorcerer had the dark sphere, so Bane killed him to get it: Chaos at its finest.

Rewards:
Marquis of Math
Count Mohawk

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby The Admiral » May 7th, 2015, 11:53 am

Thanks for the reply.

Aah yes, it is the same. I thought that room with 4 skeletons and Bane looked familiar!

I have been doing a bit of Warhammer World Geography. Kurst is a village in Ostland, so probably wouldn't qualify as your city, however, Kurst is very near to the Capital of Ostland, Wolfenburg. Although only classed as a large town, it's the largest place in Ostland and as the capital would be the place someone would want to hold in order to control the surrounding area. Kurst is also about halfway between Wolfenburg and the Fortress monastery of Grenzburg, which seems like the ideal place for all those priests and paladins in quests 4-6!

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
The Admiral

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby The Admiral » July 24th, 2015, 4:32 pm

Count,
Do you know where I can get the tile for the central room in Quest 6 please?

Rewards:
The Admiral

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Count Mohawk » July 24th, 2015, 7:40 pm

The center room is the Unholy Altar tile by Ken O'Brien, found hidden deep in the bowels of the original Agin's Inn.

I have also added a link to a ZIP folder containing a copy of all the tiles used in Heralds of Chaos to the first post. Probably should have done that some time ago, but here we are.

Rewards:
Marquis of Math
Count Mohawk

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to Quests and Quest Packs