• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Legacy of Sorasil quest pack?

Discuss Quest creation and share Quests/Quest Packs you've created.

Re: Legacy of Sorasil quest pack?

Postby Infje » February 17th, 2013, 6:06 pm

You gotta be a bit more specific if you can? What is it you want me to do with the tiles? Which tile are you referring to?

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
Infje

Gargoyle
Gargoyle

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby Nephew of Mentor » February 17th, 2013, 7:41 pm

There is a 4x4 rug tile in the Against The Ogre Horde quest pack. That tile, modified to a 2x3 size could work well (I think I said 6x2, but I meant 2x3). However, on the bottom side of the tile it would be identical, but with one corner pulled back to reveal a hidden trap door. Of course, the tile could be fabricated from step one, if you so chose, but I was just offering up the idea I had..
Is my description better? Haha.
Sure it's pretty scary when the witch lord returns but what you should really be afraid of is "Resurrection of the Witch Lord". Resurrected baddies always come back more threatening than ever, usually kind of demonic with wings and horns and hell fire to announce their arrival. Think Gannondorf or Mother Brain from Super Metroid.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Destroyed a Zombie!
Nephew of Mentor

Necromancer
Necromancer

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Infje » February 18th, 2013, 9:46 am

Like this?
Just as an example, not to be used of course. The part that is flipped could reveal the trap door.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
Infje

Gargoyle
Gargoyle

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Nephew of Mentor » February 18th, 2013, 6:52 pm

That is very much what I am talking about as far as the bottom side goes. It would have the trap door, of course, but you are on the right track.
Sure it's pretty scary when the witch lord returns but what you should really be afraid of is "Resurrection of the Witch Lord". Resurrected baddies always come back more threatening than ever, usually kind of demonic with wings and horns and hell fire to announce their arrival. Think Gannondorf or Mother Brain from Super Metroid.

Rewards:
Nephew of Mentor

Necromancer
Necromancer

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Infje » February 23rd, 2013, 6:07 am

I figured I would install the game myself and see what's needed. It would save a lot of discussions. But quite frankly, I don't see how you guys are going to port this into a playable quest pack. I don't mean to be rude but it's just really different and the map layouts don't even come close to a normal HQ map. Also, there a lots of environments and you would need a large tile set.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
Infje

Gargoyle
Gargoyle

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Nephew of Mentor » February 23rd, 2013, 6:55 pm

I've actually got all but a few levels sketched out already. Unfortunately, my chicken scratch is less than decipherable, except by me, of course. Haha.

Rewards:
Nephew of Mentor

Necromancer
Necromancer

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby bastianbux » February 26th, 2013, 9:33 pm

Infje wrote:I figured I would install the game myself and see what's needed. It would save a lot of discussions. But quite frankly, I don't see how you guys are going to port this into a playable quest pack. I don't mean to be rude but it's just really different and the map layouts don't even come close to a normal HQ map. Also, there a lots of environments and you would need a large tile set.

My assumption (correct me if I'm wrong here, guys) is that they are heavily adapting it to fit the HeroQuest board. So, for instance, it won't be a square-for-square replication. That's what I would do, at least. I'd use very few new tiles (maybe one or two for the whole quest pack) and just fit it into the HeroQuest board just like all other quest packs.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
bastianbux

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Infje » February 28th, 2013, 4:52 pm

That's true. But then it wouldn't really be the game anymore now would it? That's my point really, the two don't fit without doing one of them injustice. But your reasoning is sound and probably the only way to go.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
Infje

Gargoyle
Gargoyle

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Goblin-King » February 28th, 2013, 5:19 pm

What works well in a video game isn't necessary what works well in a board game - and vice versa.
I believe it's possible to do an adaptation that both work as a HQ game and does the amiga game justice.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges.Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Ye Olde Judge Dredd
Goblin-King
Really looks like David Bowie

Frozen Horror
Frozen Horror

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Nephew of Mentor » February 28th, 2013, 11:21 pm

I agree with Goblin King on this one. Like I said, I have actually sketched out maps that I think will do justice to the game. I am just short on the time it would take (and sometimes the skill) to convert it from there. It will happen eventually, whether or not I am the one to do it, but it might take a while.

However, I see bastianbux suggested few new tiles. Do other people feel the same in that respect? Let me know.

Rewards:
Nephew of Mentor

Necromancer
Necromancer

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to Quests and Quest Packs