Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!
Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.


Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!
Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.













Count Mohawk wrote:Ah, I forgot to list Holy Water's effect. I don't think there's a standard for US Holy Water, although the EU version did have one such card in the Treasure deck, which could destroy any one Skeleton, Zombie or Mummy. Death Knights are stronger than those monsters, but they are normal Undead figures, so played literally Holy Water should destroy them too.
At my table, however, I play Holy Water as dealing 2BP of damage to any Undead figure within throwing distance, which is reasonably standard among other rule systems. This retains all of the item's original functionality, but is not quite strong enough to instantly destroy a Death Knight, although it will be grievously wounded.
I did not include any printable Holy Water cards at the back of the Heralds of Chaos PDF file, and I don't plan to, mostly because everyone plays Holy Water differently. Therefore, feel free to interpret its effects in whatever way you prefer most. I did add my preferred game text for Holy Water to the Artifact list there, however. I have also made Lich!Bane in Quest 12 slightly less threatening by reducing his speed from 9 to 7 and explicitly describing how he reacts to Holy Water (specifically, it now stuns him for two turns, just like an attack from the Spirit Blade would). The updated PDF file is available for download from the first post.




The Admiral wrote:To increase the atmosphere of the dead rising, maybe the risen monster could be an actual undead figure? I was thinking a Mummy for a Chaos Warrior, a Zombie for a Fimir, and a Death Knight for a Chaos Fury.


Return to Quests and Quest Packs
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest