• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

[Quest Pack] [14 Quests] - WAAAGH!!!

Discuss Quest creation and share Quests/Quest Packs you've created.

Re: [Preview] [Quest Pack] [12 Quests] - WAAAGH!!!

Postby Phoenix » January 24th, 2013, 1:21 am

Still awaiting more information...
Image


Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
User avatar
The Great
Phoenix

Innkeeper
Innkeeper
 
Posts: 469
Images: 0
Joined: August 18th, 2008, 7:54 am
Location: TC, Indiana
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Innkeepers Group Member Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: [Preview] [Quest Pack] [14 Quests] - WAAAGH!!!

Postby Thrawn » April 8th, 2013, 8:43 pm

Advice for cover art?

Option 1:

Image


Option 2:

Image

Option 3: Make some other variation on the theme?


Option 4: Have someone with actual artistic talent make something?

I like the map in #2, but the color with more fire just stands out better in #1.


Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
Thrawn

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain
 
Posts: 212
Joined: February 9th, 2012, 1:39 am
Location: Bartlett, TN, USA
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: [Preview] [Quest Pack] [14 Quests] - WAAAGH!!!

Postby AerynB » April 8th, 2013, 10:34 pm

I like #2. I'm a sucker for maps. ;)


Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
User avatar
Princess
AerynB
Resident Editor

Ogre Champion
Ogre Champion
 
Posts: 197
Joined: September 11th, 2009, 6:23 pm
Location: Missouri
Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: [Preview] [Quest Pack] [14 Quests] - WAAAGH!!!

Postby Miksang » April 9th, 2013, 5:03 pm

I find these way too busy : /

Needs to be more simple.

Less is more!
Miksang

Mummy
Mummy
 
Posts: 87
Joined: March 8th, 2013, 12:56 pm
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Re: [Preview] [Quest Pack] [14 Quests] - WAAAGH!!!

Postby Big Bene » April 10th, 2013, 6:30 am

Thrawn wrote:Furniture and tiles. I used a lot of custom furniture and tiles in these quests when I originally ran them (because I could). I've tried to cut back on tiles and furniture to fit the base game except where I felt a custom piece was key to the quest. I also used a lot of other monsters, and have retained some as I convert quests, but am cutting out many that I don't feel are important.
Perhaps I can help out with papercraft models to include in the pdf.
Have a look ;)


Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
Big Bene

Halberdier
Halberdier
 
Posts: 1401
Images: 11
Joined: September 30th, 2010, 5:23 am
Location: Siebeldingen / Germany
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: [Preview] [Quest Pack] [14 Quests] - WAAAGH!!!

Postby Thrawn » April 10th, 2013, 10:31 am

Big Bene wrote:
Thrawn wrote:Furniture and tiles. I used a lot of custom furniture and tiles in these quests when I originally ran them (because I could). I've tried to cut back on tiles and furniture to fit the base game except where I felt a custom piece was key to the quest. I also used a lot of other monsters, and have retained some as I convert quests, but am cutting out many that I don't feel are important.
Perhaps I can help out with papercraft models to include in the pdf.


One quest is all about destroying 3 orc rock lobbers (catapults). Papercraft catapults could be awesome for that. (I have tiles in the quest right now.)


Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
Thrawn

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain
 
Posts: 212
Joined: February 9th, 2012, 1:39 am
Location: Bartlett, TN, USA
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: [Preview] [Quest Pack] [14 Quests] - WAAAGH!!!

Postby Big Bene » April 10th, 2013, 10:34 am

will do that. Any others?
Have a look ;)


Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
Big Bene

Halberdier
Halberdier
 
Posts: 1401
Images: 11
Joined: September 30th, 2010, 5:23 am
Location: Siebeldingen / Germany
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: [Preview] [Quest Pack] [14 Quests] - WAAAGH!!!

Postby Thrawn » April 10th, 2013, 10:38 am

Big Bene wrote:will do that. Any others?


Off the top of my head, the other component that could be really cool would be a "rope bridge" although that might still be better suited to a tile.

I think there is already inn furniture available for a bar. (I replaced my bar with a table in my first quest of the pack.)

I'll take a closer look at what other thinks might be good fits.


Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
Thrawn

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain
 
Posts: 212
Joined: February 9th, 2012, 1:39 am
Location: Bartlett, TN, USA
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: [Preview] [Quest Pack] [14 Quests] - WAAAGH!!!

Postby Big Bene » April 10th, 2013, 10:55 am

A good looking rope bridge would be possible, using threads as ropes and many individual papercraft boards, but to my opinion this would be too much work for the gamemaster just to prepare one quest, and also wouldn't fit into the simplistic Heroquest "look". A tile would probably be better.

As for the catapult - do you want it designed after the GW orc rock lubber?
Have a look ;)


Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
Big Bene

Halberdier
Halberdier
 
Posts: 1401
Images: 11
Joined: September 30th, 2010, 5:23 am
Location: Siebeldingen / Germany
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: [Preview] [Quest Pack] [14 Quests] - WAAAGH!!!

Postby Thrawn » April 10th, 2013, 11:04 am

Big Bene wrote:A good looking rope bridge would be possible, using threads as ropes and many individual papercraft boards, but to my opinion this would be too much work for the gamemaster just to prepare one quest, and also wouldn't fit into the simplistic Heroquest "look". A tile would probably be better.

As for the catapult - do you want it designed after the GW orc rock lubber?


That would best fit the quest. (I used an actual GW model when I originally was running it.)


Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
Thrawn

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain
 
Posts: 212
Joined: February 9th, 2012, 1:39 am
Location: Bartlett, TN, USA
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to Quests and Quest Packs

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest