• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

[Quest Pack] [8 Quests] - BARROW of the Beastmen (v2.0)

Discuss Quest creation and share Quests/Quest Packs you've created.

Re: [Quest Pack] [8 Quests] - BARROW of the Beastmen (v2.0)

Postby Wolfheim » January 1st, 2026, 5:57 am

I want to thank you very much for your passionate and precise work.
One of the best quest campaigns ever created. updated to perfection.

And still with old style graphics. Yes! :D

Happy new year to you, Pan!
User avatar
Wolfheim

Goblin
Goblin
 
Posts: 14
Joined: February 27th, 2022, 3:02 pm
Location: Berlin, Deutschland
Forum Language: Deutsch
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: [Quest Pack] [8 Quests] - BARROW of the Beastmen (v2.0)

Postby Pan » January 3rd, 2026, 10:54 am

Wolfheim wrote:I want to thank you very much for your passionate and precise work.
One of the best quest campaigns ever created. updated to perfection.

And still with old style graphics. Yes! :D

Happy new year to you, Pan!


Thank you very much ! Old style for the win |_P

Happy new year to you too
Pan

Fimir
Fimir
 
Posts: 50
Joined: July 8th, 2012, 10:11 pm
Forum Language: Français
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Re: [Quest Pack] [8 Quests] - BARROW of the Beastmen (v2.0)

Postby The Admiral » January 6th, 2026, 12:58 pm

This is excellent news. We played your original a few years ago (actually in France on holiday) and have been awaiting the sequel ever since. Looking forward to continuing the adventure thanks.


Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters.
The Admiral

Halberdier
Halberdier
 
Posts: 1474
Joined: April 8th, 2015, 7:31 am
Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Re: [Quest Pack] [8 Quests] - BARROW of the Beastmen (v2.0)

Postby Pan » January 11th, 2026, 12:12 am

The Admiral wrote:This is excellent news. We played your original a few years ago (actually in France on holiday) and have been awaiting the sequel ever since. Looking forward to continuing the adventure thanks.


Hey The Admiral, nice to see you again ! The sequel is well advanced, but I have no date to communicate yet. But a few months than a few years :D

Thanks for all the feedbacks you provided last time, I have integrated some of them in this new version. |_P
Pan

Fimir
Fimir
 
Posts: 50
Joined: July 8th, 2012, 10:11 pm
Forum Language: Français
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Re: [Quest Pack] [8 Quests] - BARROW of the Beastmen (v2.0)

Postby lestodante » January 14th, 2026, 11:07 am

Great to see it has its own offical cover now, I never digested the recycled Diablo artwork!
Can't wait to see the sequel, I was wondering for years where the other two chapters were ;)


Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Wrote an article for the Blog. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
lestodante

Yeti
Yeti
 
Posts: 2840
Images: 5
Joined: January 7th, 2017, 9:40 am
Location: Italy
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberChampion Group Member

Re: [Quest Pack] [8 Quests] - BARROW of the Beastmen (v2.0)

Postby Poctuk » January 15th, 2026, 10:01 pm

Pan, When I first saw Mound of the Beastmen years ago I was blown away. It was done so perfectly in the EU style (which I still play), and the teaser of a trilogy of this quality had me so excited. Then everything went silent….
This announcement is fantastic news, great that you’re back! Amazing work
Poctuk

Goblin
Goblin
 
Posts: 16
Joined: October 12th, 2020, 11:20 pm
Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Re: [Quest Pack] [8 Quests] - BARROW of the Beastmen (v2.0)

Postby lestodante » January 30th, 2026, 7:11 pm

PAN, Will you consider redrawing the grave tiles also?


Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Wrote an article for the Blog. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
lestodante

Yeti
Yeti
 
Posts: 2840
Images: 5
Joined: January 7th, 2017, 9:40 am
Location: Italy
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberChampion Group Member

Re: [Quest Pack] [8 Quests] - BARROW of the Beastmen (v2.0)

Postby Pan » February 7th, 2026, 1:29 pm

lestodante wrote:Great to see it has its own offical cover now, I never digested the recycled Diablo artwork!
Can't wait to see the sequel, I was wondering for years where the other two chapters were ;)


I never digested what I have done too :lol: But at the time, I was not able to create such an illustration. I remembered having asked an illustrator but the price was too high for a non-profit project like this.

Poctuk wrote:Pan, When I first saw Mound of the Beastmen years ago I was blown away. It was done so perfectly in the EU style (which I still play), and the teaser of a trilogy of this quality had me so excited. Then everything went silent….
This announcement is fantastic news, great that you’re back! Amazing work


Yeah, the second part was started, but I had to switch on an another project by the time, and then lost interest continuing it. But this time, the second part in on track and should be released this year.

lestodante wrote:PAN, Will you consider redrawing the grave tiles also?


No I don't think so. I found the original art very acceptable so I re-used it. And the owners of the Return of the Witch Lord already have the tiles so it is less stuff to print for them. Everyone gain time at the end 8-)
Pan

Fimir
Fimir
 
Posts: 50
Joined: July 8th, 2012, 10:11 pm
Forum Language: Français
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Re: [Quest Pack] [8 Quests] - BARROW of the Beastmen (v2.0)

Postby tallyho » March 21st, 2026, 6:28 pm

Thanks Pan. Looking forward to the continuation. Impressive work. :)
TakeAway
User avatar
tallyho

Chaos Warrior
Chaos Warrior
 
Posts: 122
Images: 6
Joined: November 17th, 2010, 3:11 pm
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Re: [Quest Pack] [8 Quests] - BARROW of the Beastmen (v2.0)

Postby Pan » April 2nd, 2026, 9:44 am

tallyho wrote:Thanks Pan. Looking forward to the continuation. Impressive work. :)


Thanks a lot ! The next chapter is closer to be finished than to be started :D. Stay tuned.
Pan

Fimir
Fimir
 
Posts: 50
Joined: July 8th, 2012, 10:11 pm
Forum Language: Français
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to Quests and Quest Packs

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests