• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

[Group Quest] - Lost and Found

Discuss Quest creation and share Quests/Quest Packs you've created.

Re: "Restless Dreams" or "Lost"?

Postby whitebeard » June 22nd, 2016, 12:21 pm

Two turns!!! It's 38 spaces minimum. Please explain.
Has resigned from the forum and would delete his account if he could.


Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
whitebeard

Archmage
Archmage
 
Posts: 988
Images: 0
Joined: September 12th, 2014, 7:15 pm
Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: "Restless Dreams" or "Lost"?

Postby MadMickyG » June 23rd, 2016, 6:43 am

We have the 'Run' ability, which is one extra movement dice when running, so maximum of 18.
We also use the 'if all monsters in the quest are killed, then you get maximum movement'. So 18 each turn, 24 on some characters.
Also, we were not in the main room where you find the end boss. And as I said, my son knew 98% of the return path off by heart. :P

Now there was an Orc my daughter moved away, which could have quite possibly caused us to fail the quest by restricting our movement.
But in her attempt to kill us both, she brought the Orc in to the room we were in.
If she'd used the boss better, we may not have been alive to escape. But her determination to kill her brothers character cost her a victory!

We were running for our lives, as two rooms full of Orcs chased us, but we managed to sort them out through planning.
My son and I are both great strategists separately. Together, we are awesome!
Check out my dabblings in writing.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Madhouse ... 4179561807
Feel free to let me know what you think. All comments/criticisms welcome.


Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
User avatar
MadMickyG

Necromancer
Necromancer
 
Posts: 334
Joined: December 1st, 2014, 7:54 am
Location: Gold Coast QLD Australia
Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: "Restless Dreams" or "Lost"?

Postby whitebeard » June 23rd, 2016, 8:02 am

Sounds fantastic. Given your run ability, I would have cut down the number of turns to get out. The point being that someone who remembers the way cannot be stopped. So good job! I expect the adults not to care about where they've been and have a lot of trouble getting out.

Sounds like you guys had a lot of fun. Thank you for sharing!

I have more quests written-up. The thread is DungeonsDark, and it links to a website. I was able to beat the players in "The Temple Wind-Song" (they all lived but failed the objective) which proved to be Very short. "A Night Errant" was a favorite of one of the players. And "Perfect Vision" was a lot of fun for everyone. "Eastmore Keep" is neat death trap which they only survived because of lucky rolls at the end.
Has resigned from the forum and would delete his account if he could.


Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
whitebeard

Archmage
Archmage
 
Posts: 988
Images: 0
Joined: September 12th, 2014, 7:15 pm
Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: "Restless Dreams" or "Lost"?

Postby MadMickyG » June 25th, 2016, 8:56 pm

Not sure if I already mentioned this, but might be worth having a spawn of a few monsters in earlier rooms.
Or, when the door to the last room/boss room is opened, you can start the timer. This way, it lowers the chance of success. :twisted:
Check out my dabblings in writing.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Madhouse ... 4179561807
Feel free to let me know what you think. All comments/criticisms welcome.


Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
User avatar
MadMickyG

Necromancer
Necromancer
 
Posts: 334
Joined: December 1st, 2014, 7:54 am
Location: Gold Coast QLD Australia
Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: "Restless Dreams" or "Lost"?

Postby whitebeard » June 26th, 2016, 7:59 pm

If you had to get out on your own (without your son) and without the run option, would you have made it? Note that should you roll 6 for every movement, you will only make it if you make NO wrong turns. But technically the average roll is a 7.

So if the players do not remember the way out, they will be killed. Are we in agreement?

The players also do not know that only one of them needs to get out. And this could cause some really bad decisions for the group as well :)

Do you still think it needs fixing? I'm thinking your son is a great player to have on your team for this quest and your house rules made it not even close.
Has resigned from the forum and would delete his account if he could.


Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
whitebeard

Archmage
Archmage
 
Posts: 988
Images: 0
Joined: September 12th, 2014, 7:15 pm
Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: "Restless Dreams" or "Lost"?

Postby MadMickyG » June 26th, 2016, 9:26 pm

Good point Whitey.

I have a good memory, but not as good as my son's. I think, on my own, it would have been closer to 5 or 6 turns.

If you want to up the ante a little, those changes would make it even more interesting. If the party doesnt use the run ability, then it's slight overkill.

But when has overkill as an EWP ever been a bad thing? :twisted:
Check out my dabblings in writing.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Madhouse ... 4179561807
Feel free to let me know what you think. All comments/criticisms welcome.


Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
User avatar
MadMickyG

Necromancer
Necromancer
 
Posts: 334
Joined: December 1st, 2014, 7:54 am
Location: Gold Coast QLD Australia
Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: "Restless Dreams" or "Lost"?

Postby Daedalus » October 15th, 2016, 3:56 am

whitebeard wrote:I'm seriously torn about the title. Does it give to much away? Would "Lost" be better? Other suggestions?

I think Lost preserves the drama of the revelation more. Lost and Found might work, as well.

You mentioned this was just one of a series of your Quests. I've enjoyed reading some of them. What do you recommend the Heroes be equipped with/ what stage of experience should the Heroes be at for this Quest?
..
UNCLE ZARGON
Image
WANTS.. YOU


Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard
 
Posts: 5332
Images: 14
Joined: May 9th, 2011, 2:31 pm
Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Re: "Restless Dreams" or "Lost"?

Postby whitebeard » October 15th, 2016, 3:18 pm

Daedalus wrote:You mentioned this was just one of a series of your Quests. I've enjoyed reading some of them.


Thank you. I enjoyed making all of them. :D We have played most already, but this quest is one we have yet to try. The series is called DungeonsDark and the first 8 quests can be found here (http://www.lakemonsterlabs.com/gaming/dungeonsdark.html). With GoblinKing's 33rd Birthday quest, "Reflections of Chaos," there are now 9 quests and I just wrote a GM-less/optional quest, "Silver Labyrinth," to make 10. I need to pull them together here and get them posted as an unordered (mostly) quest pack in the archives. I do not know how long my website will continue to support this content as there are other plans for the domain.

Daedalus wrote:What do you recommend the Heroes be equipped with/ what stage of experience should the Heroes be at for this Quest?


All quests are all intended for heroes who are champions of the original 14 quests (e.g. fully equipped in the base system.
Has resigned from the forum and would delete his account if he could.


Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
whitebeard

Archmage
Archmage
 
Posts: 988
Images: 0
Joined: September 12th, 2014, 7:15 pm
Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: [Group Quest] - Restless Dreams

Postby Daedalus » October 18th, 2016, 10:01 am

That came out wrong. :oops: I'm not sure if I've read them all yet. I should have said I've enjoyed everything I've read through. I hope you can get them all posted at the Inn--the more resources, the better.
..
UNCLE ZARGON
Image
WANTS.. YOU


Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard
 
Posts: 5332
Images: 14
Joined: May 9th, 2011, 2:31 pm
Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Re: [Group Quest] - Restless Dreams

Postby whitebeard » October 18th, 2016, 12:53 pm

Daedalus wrote:That came out wrong. :oops: I'm not sure if I've read them all yet. I should have said I've enjoyed everything I've read through. I hope you can get them all posted at the Inn--the more resources, the better.


I knew what you meant :D Just having fun. |_P

I'm working on the front matter for the quest book... the artifact cards, Mentor story, new monsters, and treasure tables. With that established, several of the quest descriptions become stream lined and more clear.
Has resigned from the forum and would delete his account if he could.


Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
whitebeard

Archmage
Archmage
 
Posts: 988
Images: 0
Joined: September 12th, 2014, 7:15 pm
Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to Quests and Quest Packs

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests