• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Waterfront Tavern

Discuss Quest creation and share Quests/Quest Packs you've created.

Re: Waterfront Tavern

Postby StratosVX » September 23rd, 2014, 9:34 pm

It looks really good!


Rewards:
Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
User avatar
Scribe of Heroes
StratosVX
I hate snakes, Jacques...

Scout
Scout
 
Posts: 1145
Joined: November 6th, 2012, 12:44 am
Location: Utah, USA
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Waterfront Tavern

Postby Big Bene » September 24th, 2014, 4:52 am

I like it, though from the looks I'd say the thickness is 0.2 mm at best.
As for the quest, I don't quite understand. Does the evil wizard conrol / move the villagers? Must he avoid the orcs against his own best interest?
Are there any special minis intended to be used as villagers (the icons look very specific)?
Have a look ;)


Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
Big Bene

Halberdier
Halberdier
 
Posts: 1401
Images: 11
Joined: September 30th, 2010, 5:23 am
Location: Siebeldingen / Germany
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: Waterfront Tavern

Postby clmckay » September 24th, 2014, 7:39 am

Hi,

Could be on the thickness, I don't have any good way to measure. It very durable though.

I left it open to who could move the villagers. I figured it would be most logical for the heroes to quickly move the villagers around, but I suppose an "honest" Zarfon could do it as well. I'd also considered it so that if a villager could be moved off the edge of the map, he's safe.

I didn't have any specific minis in mind. For a playtest, I'd just planned on using Skeletons for the villagers....they're gonna die anyway! :) for the Orc Archers, I am going to use the Orc Archer minis from Warhammer Quest.


Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
clmckay

Elven Archer
Elven Archer
 
Posts: 527
Joined: March 16th, 2014, 10:25 am
Location: USA
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: Waterfront Tavern

Postby Teldurn » September 26th, 2014, 5:22 pm

clmckay, I saw this post yesterday and I thought it was really good. I just have a question about how this would play. At the beginning of the game, would you put out all the monsters/guards/civilians on the main central part of the board that the Barbarian and Dwarf can see? Because it seems to me as soon as the Barb or Dwarf start, they would see 10 or 12 monsters that would (I suppose) come aiming straight for them on Zargon's turn (or that group of 4 civvies right near the top, they're toast right away :P ). I don't see anything in the quest notes on how to deal with this. Thoughts?
War is not the answer...unless the question is, 'What is not the answer?'

Check out Broadsword, a love letter to 90s dungeon crawling board games.


Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Destroyed a Zombie!Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
Teldurn

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf
 
Posts: 787
Joined: October 18th, 2013, 5:22 pm
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: Waterfront Tavern

Postby clmckay » September 26th, 2014, 5:47 pm

I will hopefully playtest this sometime over the weekend. My intent would be that the Orcs would split and go after both the heroes and the villagers (after all, the orcs wouldn't think the heroes were anything special, they're just there to kill everyone). The villagers should scatter as much as possible to safety. I was also hoping that the heroes being seperated could become an advantage by being able to attack different groups of orcs. Depending on the strength of heroes participating in the mission, there are options for choke points at room doors -could even try to stuff Some Villagers in the rooms first.

It seems that as a general rule, moderately armed heroes can take out an Orc pretty quickly - however - the quantity may be too much, after testing I may need to remove a couple orcs from the starting room.

Edit: you also have the two scouts to help with disrupting the Orc attack.


Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
clmckay

Elven Archer
Elven Archer
 
Posts: 527
Joined: March 16th, 2014, 10:25 am
Location: USA
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: Waterfront Tavern

Postby clmckay » September 28th, 2014, 5:32 pm

We finally play tested it. Not too bad really. If the heroes play smart and are moderately armed (broadswords, shields, helmet - yet still without the battle axes and heavy armor) they can do it without a ton of trouble. After a few games losses were running about 3-5 villagers and 0-1 heroes. The scouts usually bit the dust. Overall, I wanted this to be a nice gentle interlude, not a nail biter or resource sucker (there was usually more than the 1 healing potion consumed). That said, I will probably adjust the large group with the Fimir to be just 3 orcs and 1 Fimir (dropping the Orc Archer there). The Archer tended to take out running villagers.


Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
clmckay

Elven Archer
Elven Archer
 
Posts: 527
Joined: March 16th, 2014, 10:25 am
Location: USA
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: Waterfront Tavern

Postby Sparkymark » November 22nd, 2015, 3:14 pm

Is there a reason why i cant see the quests for the waterfront tavern?


Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Sparkymark

Ogre Lord
Ogre Lord
 
Posts: 268
Joined: November 5th, 2014, 5:55 am
Location: Lancashire
Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Re: Waterfront Tavern

Postby StratosVX » November 22nd, 2015, 9:44 pm

No images are showing up for me in this thread anymore either.


Rewards:
Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
User avatar
Scribe of Heroes
StratosVX
I hate snakes, Jacques...

Scout
Scout
 
Posts: 1145
Joined: November 6th, 2012, 12:44 am
Location: Utah, USA
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: Waterfront Tavern

Postby Sparkymark » November 23rd, 2015, 5:36 am

I sent clmclay a PM about it.
I quite fancy the challenge of building the tavern using hirst arts blocks including walls and furniture.
I think the open nature of the tavern would allow walls to work well.


Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Sparkymark

Ogre Lord
Ogre Lord
 
Posts: 268
Joined: November 5th, 2014, 5:55 am
Location: Lancashire
Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Re: Waterfront Tavern

Postby Maike05 » November 23rd, 2015, 3:14 pm

Hi clmckay,
I don't know if you know my blog free-dungeon-tiles-to-print ? There is a bunch of free stuffs on tavern as well
http://free-dungeon-tiles-to-print.blogspot.be/2014/01/darkcity-les-lieux-speciaux.html
Image
Image


Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
Maike05

Elven Archer
Elven Archer
 
Posts: 562
Images: 25
Joined: March 18th, 2011, 10:39 pm
Location: Brussels, Belgium
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to Quests and Quest Packs

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest