• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Lizardmen

Discuss the creation of new Monsters and share Monsters you've created.

Re: Lizardmen

Postby knightkrawler » September 20th, 2016, 11:56 pm

Daedalus wrote:
Mv 5, At 3, De 4, BP 1, MP1

I'm not matching a mini, but instead attempting to open a useful niche in the standard monsters of the NA Main Game System. Mine is slow and primitive, but tough enough to make the 1 BP last a bit. I'm thinking 6-8 green-colored minis as grunt alternatives for Orcs.

These stats fit the Warhammer Saurus warriors just nicely. Their design, their pose, AND their equipment make these stats seem perfect. As they can be equipped with spears, there could be a variant with diagonal attack. I'd prefer 2 BP, however.
Adding Skinks with Mv 11, At 1 (including ranged/blowpipe), De 2, BP 1, MP 2 makes for the basis of a quest pack with a defensive strategy for the EWP.
Plus Saurus champions, a Kroxigor, and a Slann, you're good to go.
I think these stats would even fit Warhammer lore and what I've read about Lizardmen.
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby cynthialee » September 21st, 2016, 12:53 pm

Lizardmen should be susceptible to cold attacks. Like after they take cold damage if they are still alive they go into a torpor.
So it is said that if you know your enemies and know yourself, you can win a hundred battles without a single loss.
If you only know yourself, but not your opponent, you may win or may lose.
If you know neither yourself nor your enemy, you will always endanger yourself.
~Sun Tsu The art of War~

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
cynthialee

Swordsman
Swordsman

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:

Postby Anderas » September 22nd, 2016, 5:35 am

I like deadalus' stats a lot, but would go for two BP as well. For a fully equipped group it could play the role the Orc takes for a medium group.
Afterwards, I am eager to see what comes out in the very end of this topic. There are already so many good ideas thrown around here!

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member
Champion Group Member

Postby j_dean80 » June 21st, 2017, 10:19 pm

Did anyone ever come out with a lizardman quest pack from all this? Sounds like it would be fun.
Blood - Good to the last drop

Ye Olde Inn Quest Design Competition 2024 Joint Winner

Rewards:
Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Grin's Stone Map Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
j_dean80

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin

Hero:
Usergroups:
Scribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby Daedalus » July 13th, 2017, 2:44 pm

Not yet.

j_dean80 wrote:I added the elf pack, barbarian pack, against the ogre horde, wizards of morcar, advanced quest UK set, 2 more extra game boards, lots of monsters/furniture/doors. Trying to do Dark Company with the 4 boards (takes a ton of doors). Added some new specialty monsters for my Jungle quest book.

Looks like you will be the first. Go for it!
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby j_dean80 » July 13th, 2017, 6:13 pm

Daedalus wrote:Not yet.

j_dean80 wrote:I added the elf pack, barbarian pack, against the ogre horde, wizards of morcar, advanced quest UK set, 2 more extra game boards, lots of monsters/furniture/doors. Trying to do Dark Company with the 4 boards (takes a ton of doors). Added some new specialty monsters for my Jungle quest book.

Looks like you will be the first. Go for it!

I don't know enough about them. Also, still haven't finished my last one.

Rewards:
Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Grin's Stone Map Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
j_dean80

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin

Hero:
Usergroups:
Scribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby cynthialee » July 13th, 2017, 9:36 pm

One thing that bugs me is all Orks are the same, all Goblins the same. Move M spaces, Body Points of Z, X Attack and Y Defend

With so many different Lizardmen minis available perhaps ranges and clans may be in order for such a monster. I have lizard dudes that are short as the elf, lizards as tall as a barbarian and lizardmen that are taller than the barbarian. Difference between Grenadier, Ral Partha and RAFM....

Could have a tribe of weak little dudes that swarm, normal sized lizard dudes and greater lizardmen for the ones that would translate to 7-8 foot tall.
So it is said that if you know your enemies and know yourself, you can win a hundred battles without a single loss.
If you only know yourself, but not your opponent, you may win or may lose.
If you know neither yourself nor your enemy, you will always endanger yourself.
~Sun Tsu The art of War~

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
cynthialee

Swordsman
Swordsman

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby j_dean80 » July 13th, 2017, 10:26 pm

My contribution is this: A lizardman with a starting BP of 2 or greater, regenerate to full BP, if they do not reach 0 in the one round. (Needs some "lemony goodness" wording.)

Rewards:
j_dean80

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Gold Bearer » July 26th, 2017, 7:19 am

cynthialee wrote:One thing that bugs me is all Orks are the same, all Goblins the same. Move M spaces, Body Points of Z, X Attack and Y Defend

With so many different Lizardmen minis available perhaps ranges and clans may be in order for such a monster. I have lizard dudes that are short as the elf, lizards as tall as a barbarian and lizardmen that are taller than the barbarian. Difference between Grenadier, Ral Partha and RAFM....

Could have a tribe of weak little dudes that swarm, normal sized lizard dudes and greater lizardmen for the ones that would translate to 7-8 foot tall.
You already get that with WH, not sure about D&D. There's skinks (goblins), saraus (orcs), something guard (elites/fimirs) and kroxigers (ogres), plus other lizard creatures.
:goblin: 1BP, :orc: 2BP, :fimir: 3BP, :skeleton: 1BP, :zombie: 2BP, :mummy: 3BP, :chaoswarrior: 4BP, :gargoyle: 5BP. US :chaoswarrior: 3BP, US :gargoyle: 4BP.

Expanded Combined Spells: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=4296

A psychedelic substance occasionally causes psychotic behaviour in people who have not taken it. - Terence McKenna
DMT - The Spirit Molecule: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwZqVqbkyLM

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Shattered a Skeleton! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Gold Bearer

Crossbowman
Crossbowman

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby aaronAGN » August 10th, 2017, 10:11 am

I use these minis from HeroScape

aaronAGN