• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Water elementals- stats suggestions?

Discuss the creation of new Monsters and share Monsters you've created.

Re: Water elementals- stats suggestions?

Postby Kurgan » Tuesday July 9th, 2019 8:08pm

My Elementals draw some inspiration from the original Warcraft. They only last for a certain number of turns and are nigh invulnerable.

By sacrificing (unused) three spells of the same elemental type, a "Knight" (10-14 quests completed) level Wizard, Alchemist or Mystic may summon an elemental.

After designating the cards (and thus the elemental type) they roll 1 Red Die and add 1 to the outcome. That is the number of turns the Elemental will last. (yeah, small typo in the "scroll," oops)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Kurgan on Monday February 3rd, 2020 9:37pm, edited 4 times in total.
Kurgan

Swordsman
Swordsman

Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Hero:

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby Kurgan » Tuesday July 9th, 2019 8:10pm

Further detail... Obviously these are huge, game-breaking, earth shattering monstrosities that the Heroes pull out for the big win (at considerable cost).

If one was an "enemy" it would be tougher... probably would need to be summoned by a top tier Chaos character, or triggered by some super important event (ie: daring to steal the sun-stone from its sacred chamber!), and then I would either think it would run out after a certain amount of time or just be invincible, forcing the Heroes to flee, or defeat it by some other means (triggering a trap that neutralizes or seals it off). To me the elemental is the giant rolling boulder. It's the ball of flame itself. It's the tempest, the wall of water...

But who knows, maybe you could use a small one, give it different stats and then it becomes a humble servant... maybe it springs a trap safely so the Heroes can get the treasure, or it unlocks the door, or lures away the big monster, or fetches the key that they need, then disappears once its task is completed.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kurgan

Swordsman
Swordsman

Hero:

Postby Kurgan » Tuesday July 9th, 2019 8:30pm

j_dean80 wrote:I would do something along the lines of the water elemental and the wizard fell out of graces so the wizard lost that set of spells. He then has to fight the water elemental, defeat, and recapture it in a ring of power or something of sorts. The water elemental can use the water spells to fight. The wizard must defeat it by freezing it with something.

Something similar can be setup for the other elements as different one off quests.

I like this idea. "How the Wizard got his Spells: A Story." Well, grand children, here is how I tamed that ol' so-and-so...
Kurgan

Swordsman
Swordsman

Hero:

Previous

Return to Monsters