• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Cultists

Discuss the creation of new Monsters and share Monsters you've created.

Re: Cultists

Postby Anderas » Friday April 20th, 2018 10:00am

Choices is what makes them learning, and if they learn and apply a new "skill" they feel great, that's making them addicted, so if you do that with them you keep your player group longer.

Sounds good.

1 Cultist: Move 8
2+ Cultists: Move 8 and 1 Spell.

The move, we never see the move value played out in the mini-rooms of Heroquest. My first thought and first proposal was to make them slower alone (move 7) but that's unnecessary. It takes card space and then has likely nil ingame effect, so in the bin with my proposal before it is even written. :D

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Forum Language: British English
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby mitchiemasha » Friday April 20th, 2018 1:03pm

Cultist
Move: 7
Attack: 1
Defence: 1
Body: 1

FANATICISM: +1 to all stats for each Cultist in the same area

I like this because it's a mechanic not used else where and extremely simple. Very weak characters on their own deadly in groups. Might be in the Heroes interest to gang up and kill 1 at a time. 2 models wont really improve much but it would be 4 body in the room as long as both are alive. 3 or 4 would be crazy.

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Prince
mitchiemasha

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Daedalus » Thursday May 10th, 2018 5:25pm

Pancho wrote:I'll be ordering these sinister looking folks from Reaper shortly;

They are part of a Death Cult that believes the dead shall inherit the world from the living, and they wish to raise the Witch Lord to rule over all that remains.
Any ideas for what stats/rules I should use for these fanatics?

I was thinking 2 body points, not sure about the rest.

I see they are cheaply available as Bones figures with a stone circle thrown in. If you want more ideas to wash your brain, initiate yourself into these forbidden Cultist topics.
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Pancho » Thursday April 4th, 2019 6:33am

These are my nutters, finally finished.
I find it really hard to photograph darkly painted figures, grrrr. Oh well, you get the general idea.

I took your advice Daedalus and got the ritual circle too. I'll definite use it in my HQ games. I'll post the rules for the circle and the stats I decided to use for my cultists later.

Rewards:
Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges.
Pancho
Rock Skin Achieved

Scout
Scout

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Previous

Return to Monsters