• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Beastmen

Discuss the creation of new Monsters and share Monsters you've created.

Re: Beastmen

Postby Anderas » March 11th, 2018, 3:50 pm

Change what you like. Beast people - do you have a good alternative? There are Minotaurs with them in the group. I don't want them to be in a generic chaos group, so if you have an idea that sounds better in your ears, I certainly would like to read about it.

The special ability has been discussed in great length and then a vote was held. So I followed that - but again, feel free to change what you like. That's what I uploaded the original files for, so that everybody can make his personal favorite beast man. If I find time during the week, I will work on the spelling and the other remarks.

Yes that's right the ability works only if he is not dead. No auto-attack. Again, help for wording is always welcome... well I might add that I don't use words as tightly as someone playing magic the gathering certainly would.

The ram attack was in discussion for his big brother, the Minotaur. Right now I don't remember what we decided in the end... will have to look it up next time I open my PC.

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby mitchiemasha » March 11th, 2018, 7:38 pm

Beast People is fine. I found it funny in reference to all that, that's going on right now.

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Prince
mitchiemasha

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby mitchiemasha » March 11th, 2018, 7:50 pm

Anderas wrote:The ram attack was in discussion for his big brother, the Minotaur. Right now I don't remember what we decided in the end... will have to look it up next time I open my PC.

I was thinking Ram Attack as default for the entire class. The Minotaur would have that and something extra. Counter Attacks are quite strong, special but not so unique in creation. Best stick 'em with a bow bolt or from the diagonal.

Which gives me a new idea for a unique trait. How about a counter attack that works over distance. Attack the creature and fail to kill it, it charges, moves to you and attacks. This would have to be a very fast creature.

Rewards:
Prince
mitchiemasha

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Anderas » March 12th, 2018, 2:24 am

Haha that would be a nice one.
The only point about is probably that it would hit the wizard, and that one is dying already too often. Ram attack after shooting only, but not as answer to a spell?

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member
Champion Group Member

Postby The Admiral » March 12th, 2018, 7:34 am

I like the idea of a charge with these horned beasties (Minotaurs and Beastmen). I would have it that the monster must move at least 3 spaces in a straight line into close combat to qualify for a charge attack. This would be a normal attack +1 attack die. The monster would then defend during the Heroes next turn with -1 def die, because I think you'd be a little vulnerable with your head down not really watching what's going on.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
The Admiral

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby mitchiemasha » March 12th, 2018, 1:18 pm

The Admiral wrote:The monster would then defend during the Heroes next turn with -1 def die, because I think you'd be a little vulnerable with your head down not really watching what's going on.

I like it but with a few in play it could get a bit clunky remembering which had charged or not. I had previously toyed with the 'Stand Fast' mod for Chaos Warriors to extend into the heroes turn but ditched the idea. Extra conditions usually saved for more rare, unique characters.

I was thinking about suggesting a movement requirement but thought it would easily be cheated, 'straight line' is for sure needed in the wording.

Rewards:
Prince
mitchiemasha

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby mitchiemasha » March 12th, 2018, 1:21 pm

The Admiral wrote:horned beasties.

Beast People! How About Beasties! or simply Horned Beasts?

Rewards:
Prince
mitchiemasha

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby The Admiral » March 13th, 2018, 9:25 am

mitchiemasha wrote:
The Admiral wrote:horned beasties.

Beast People! How About Beasties! or simply Horned Beasts?

I actually think Beast People is the best description for these monster types. They are beasts that walk on two legs and talk (sort of) like people. There are many beasts and beasts with horns that don't have these human like qualities.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
The Admiral

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby knightkrawler » March 13th, 2018, 11:54 am

To me, it would make more sense to name the different Beastmen as they are named in Warhammer:
Ungor, Gor, Bestigor, Minotaur (or Bullgor, for all I care). That card there, that's a Gor.
It's not as if you weren't recycling tropes, art, and minis from GW, is it?

Then the umbrella term would be Beastmen.
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Anderas » March 13th, 2018, 1:32 pm

Those names somehow don't go down well. Gor. Gor. Gor. Gor. Hm.
Do they have this name since a long time?

I think more of the Greeks if I say Minotaur, and then I imagine the others just so that he is not alone in his niche.

Rewards:
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to Monsters