• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Monster list?

Discuss the creation of new Monsters and share Monsters you've created.

Monster list?

Postby j_dean80 » January 4th, 2017, 4:30 pm

Is there a master list of "New" monsters with their stats? Kind of keeping their stats universal between different players Quests?
Blood - Good to the last drop

Ye Olde Inn Quest Design Competition 2024 Joint Winner

Rewards:
Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Grin's Stone Map Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
j_dean80

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Scribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Monster list?

Postby QorDaq » January 4th, 2017, 5:38 pm

If I'm understanding the question correctly; You are looking for a "Monster Manual" that has standardized monster stats regardless of source?

If so, I'm not sure that-that, precisely exists. But it is an interesting idea. If it does already exist, which is possible, I'm not sure where it is.

That said, as a project, I could see a variant something like this, where all monsters are listed, along with source, so that where multiple versions of a particular critter existed, the EWP could pick and choose which version would work best for them in a given scenario.

Anyone else know? Has this already been done?
maj! = Klingon word for "Good". Used in the context of "I approve".

- vay' DaneHbogh yIchargh!
QorDaq

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Geofonos » January 5th, 2017, 2:23 am

AS far as "new" or "extra" monsters are concerned, I always thought that Mortimer's bestiary was a job very well done.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/kzyzzdjtx ... y+v1.3.pdf

Rewards:
Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Geofonos

Ogre Champion
Ogre Champion

Forum Language: Ελληνικά
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby knightkrawler » January 5th, 2017, 2:56 am

I've been writing up my monsters and villains along with the questbooks I need them for in order to keep thematic and proportional consistency within each campaign, rather than having to try to fit in monsters with different stats from a pre-existing source. Case in point: the Brood in Caellar's Caer, part I, my last questbook that I just uploaded.
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby j_dean80 » January 5th, 2017, 9:34 am

That being said...say you have monster A in mind for a new Quest pack you are working on. If you place A in a room and deems too weak add another A. Or if A deems too strong remove an A.
My main thought is players could keep a set of monster cards to look back to while playing. This works for the core game.
Of course there can always be "special stat" monsters.
It also avoids Quest pack creators from being stumped on a decision of which stats to give A.
Blood - Good to the last drop

Ye Olde Inn Quest Design Competition 2024 Joint Winner

Rewards:
Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Grin's Stone Map Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
j_dean80

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin

Hero:
Usergroups:
Scribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby Saiyaforthelight » January 12th, 2017, 3:36 pm

I have a bestiary and some abilities in my developing ruleset. On the last page there's another list that I couldn't fit on too. Function over presentation here though. Might be of help.

Saiya
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
My rules, modifications, spells and quests: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3380

-Saiya-
Saiyaforthelight

Fimir
Fimir

Forum Language: British English
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Felindar » February 1st, 2020, 6:26 pm

Saiyaforthelight wrote:I have a bestiary and some abilities in my developing ruleset. On the last page there's another list that I couldn't fit on too. Function over presentation here though. Might be of help.

Saiya

I was working on a new Zargon screen and your master monster list looks great.

Thanks for sharing.
God makes us strong for a little wile so we can defend the weak.
Felindar

Goblin
Goblin

Postby Felindar » February 1st, 2020, 6:32 pm

Geofonos wrote:AS far as "new" or "extra" monsters are concerned, I always thought that Mortimer's bestiary was a job very well done.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/kzyzzdjtx ... y+v1.3.pdf

Oh Lord that is huge. Huge and Beautiful.
God makes us strong for a little wile so we can defend the weak.
Felindar

Goblin
Goblin

Postby Anderas » February 2nd, 2020, 12:46 pm

I have a huge monster list. Every time I calculate one of those quests, I add all the Monsters to it which are new. Never made an effort to make it securely complete, though.

It is interesting that most of you keep choosing almost similar stats for similar monsters.

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member
Champion Group Member

Postby Spookyhappyfun » February 3rd, 2020, 11:19 am

I've got some extra monsters for my game, but only the ones that I can find suitable minis for. And I'm still trying to figure out the best stats for all of them, so this is helpful.

Rewards:
Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Spookyhappyfun

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Next

Return to Monsters