• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Simple Leveling system

Discuss the creation of new Heroes and share Heroes you've created.

Re: Simple Leveling system

Postby mitchiemasha » February 16th, 2019, 1:35 pm

SirRick wrote: what happens in that situation?

I'm glad you asked.

Searching can only be done if an area is cleared of monsters, if there's goblin in the way, that's no searching.
As for traps... in the link in my Sig.

Treasure Search: A room not searched for traps, featuring a trap, will trigger the trap. Place the Hero on the trapped square, don’t pick a card.

The weapon search is the treasure search action, except you are picking up the item, not the gem in the boot or quest note specific. Remember how the "If a Hero searches for Treasure they will find a..." it's already in the game, but instead of finding an ancient artefact, the Talisman of Lore, you're are finding the Axe of Jimmy, or what ever you happened to call your Dwarf.

If the trap was in the opposite direction, it's tough, you should of searched for traps first, the action implies moving around the area.

SirRick wrote:I find it hard to believe monsters would just sit there and watch a hero scrounging around for a weapon and not attack.

It could be lurking in the darkness waiting for you to come closer before unleashing its attack. However, for the sake of searching, we only play 1 section, corner to corner, the doors would be placed but you'd have to be in that area specifically to search it. This still leaves the issue of that 1 adjoining square but it's non issue.

What we're actually doing is expanding the game without needing to add anything that isn't already there. It's utilising the mechanics that already exist within the system, just twisting the words. It can't get any simpler than that other than making it magical! without it being magic a "just cos" mechanic, returns to you at the end of your turn regardless, which is dull!

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Prince
mitchiemasha

Halberdier
Halberdier

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby Jafazo » February 16th, 2019, 2:23 pm

mitchiemasha wrote:... in the link in my Sig.

Those files in your signature look so pretty. The font, layout, it's all easy to read. Good stuff.
Unless you specify your version I'm going by the US rules.
Jafazo

Ogre Champion
Ogre Champion

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby mitchiemasha » February 16th, 2019, 2:59 pm

Jafazo wrote:Those files in your signature look so pretty. The font, layout, it's all easy to read. Good stuff.

Thank you... Appreciated. A lot of time went into the layout and trying to fit everything in. The font is probably a bit hard to read depending on screen but I went with it as they're the HQ fonts (I think). The tables are one hell of battle, fighting with Word to get the formatting as you want it is a levelling up, skill tree experience. It was a long processes getting them as is, especially the monster part of the "best of print out" it's seen many different layouts.

The table i did for Space Hulk and rule summary was probably the hardest.
Click for a look if you're interested
With the advanced LoS Diagram

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Prince
mitchiemasha

Halberdier
Halberdier

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Felindar » January 25th, 2020, 5:36 pm

Just a thought. The 2d6 move got really silly at times. I just said Humans 6+d6 Elf 8+d6 dwarf 4+d6. Dwarfs get one extra body and an elf will loose one. I let people Play human if they want a Different race for role play reasons.
God makes us strong for a little wile so we can defend the weak.
Felindar

Goblin
Goblin

Previous

Return to Heroes