• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Lemmeron's New Hero Cards

Discuss the creation of new Heroes and share Heroes you've created.

Lemmeron's New Hero Cards

Postby Lemmeron » May 1st, 2015, 1:33 am

These are 4 of the new hero cards I have designed for my new game system. These ones are a bit scuffed and are just drafts that are not quite finished.

You will note that all characters Mind and Body now add up to 12 instead of 10 like the original game. This is a very important change in both balancing the classes and also in allowing more differentiation between them in my combat system.

I still have to take a photo of the Sorceress and a few others...

Last edited by Lemmeron on January 17th, 2016, 7:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rewards:
Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Created a Hot Topic. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!
Lemmeron

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Lemmeron's New Hero Cards

Postby knightkrawler » May 1st, 2015, 1:41 am

I see you also broke down the original game's Attack and Defend dice into a modular system with base stats plus weaponry.
Different from what I've done, but (and therefore) I'm intrigued about your combat system.
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Baylor_OgreBane » May 1st, 2015, 4:56 pm

I am assuming with the different coloured dice you are upgrading the combat system similar to that of decent. That is a good idea, would like to see what the dice are like.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Baylor_OgreBane

High Mage
High Mage

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Lemmeron » May 2nd, 2015, 9:01 am

Here is another one that I saved quickly as a jpg to upload...

You will notice extra icons on the character card the first is to denote the character is a "Mage"
the second denotes this character is a spellcaster, these Icons also appear on all my equipment cards and help denote who can use what at a glance
I have to remove the 3rd icon as I no longer use it to denote "Mages" so it is now obsolete

you will also see that Mage characters now have an additional dice type for magical items. This comes into play when you start wearing proper mage gear....

Rewards:
Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Created a Hot Topic. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!
Lemmeron

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Baylor_OgreBane » May 2nd, 2015, 9:16 am

So there will be a difference between mages and spell casters? Are they not the same thing?

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Baylor_OgreBane

High Mage
High Mage

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Lemmeron » May 2nd, 2015, 6:48 pm

Mage = Wizard in the normal game and includes sorceress in mine (It will also be for all the illusionists, necromancers, healers etc out there) these are the only ones with access to multiple spell schools, synergy spell schools and have Mastery spells. In my system their spellcasting ability is tied to staff they carry. They also gain special dice when using magical items.

Spellcaster = Wizard and Elf in the normal game and will include all characters with spells or alchemy in mine. It denotes a level of magical knowledge and study and thus usually means they cannot use some of the heaviest gear

Warriors = Dwarf and Barbarian in the normal game and characterizes heros with high body points and can use the heaviest armour and shields

Mechanics = Dwarf in the normal Game and will include thieves, assassins etc to denote those who are good with traps (and locks) and crossbows

Characters can multiple "Tags" but cannot be a warrior and a mage

Rewards:
Lemmeron

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Daedalus » June 4th, 2015, 2:53 pm

Too bad the images are lost. :(
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby Teldurn » June 8th, 2015, 3:58 pm

Daedalus wrote:Too bad the images are lost. :(

They seem to show up for me.
War is not the answer...unless the question is, 'What is not the answer?'

Check out Broadsword, a love letter to 90s dungeon crawling board games.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Destroyed a Zombie!Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Teldurn

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:

Postby Lemmeron » June 10th, 2015, 3:32 am

? They seem to be working for me still, no broken links ?

Rewards:
Lemmeron

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby knightkrawler » June 10th, 2015, 4:51 am

Yeah, they work. Daedalus had a problem with his browser. He's using a working one now.
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Next

Return to Heroes