• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

My Hero Cards

Discuss the creation of new Heroes and share Heroes you've created.

My Hero Cards

Postby MadMickyG » February 22nd, 2015, 10:15 am

Here they are. They are EU, as I like the layout. Kept simple as my kids are all 12 and under and I dont want too many complicated rules yet.

EDIT: Redone the links with images again, as requested. And the images with male and female means I have a miniature for each. I have 2 daughters that play. :P

Note: Scrollfist abilities aren't finished yet. :)

ImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImage
Last edited by MadMickyG on April 21st, 2018, 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Check out my dabblings in writing.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Madhouse ... 4179561807
Feel free to let me know what you think. All comments/criticisms welcome.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
MadMickyG

Necromancer
Necromancer

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: My Hero Cards

Postby Daedalus » June 4th, 2015, 1:59 pm

I'm sure your kids will have (are having?) a blast with those Heroes. I'd suggest not referencing another Hero's ability, as was done with the Ranger (Thief stealth mode), the Gladiator, and the Executioner (Barbarian armor restriction). Instead, put the necessary rules right on the back of the card for easy reference.
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby MadMickyG » April 20th, 2018, 5:37 pm

http://www.filehosting.org/file/details ... 0cards.zip

A link to a Zip of my Hero card images, since original image links appear to have expired, as requested by Jazdrummer.

Doing Monster cards as well.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
MadMickyG

Necromancer
Necromancer

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby lestodante » April 21st, 2018, 10:36 am

maybe you could reupload the images because the links are gone... (both here and on your Orcs post)

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group MemberParticipated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
lestodante

Yeti
Yeti

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby MadMickyG » April 21st, 2018, 6:21 pm

According to the site I hosted the zip file on, they are there permanently.

I guess the original site has a limited time period.

For easier viewing, and so you know what you're downloading, I'll redo the pics.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
MadMickyG

Necromancer
Necromancer

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby MadMickyG » September 14th, 2018, 6:51 pm

My thoughts on a new hero, based on a story I'm writing, called the Witches of D'hoq.

The witches can project forth a spirit form of themselves that can attack the spirit of another person. Unless you're a witch yourself, or use magic or items to enhance your sight, all you see is the person being attacked, therefore thinking it's magic.
There are some witches that can project 2 spirits as well.
Also, the physical form can still act normally while their spirit form/forms are running around wreaking havoc or whatever it is they're doing.
Now, certain stone/metal blocks the spirits from passing through, and magic too I guess, but normally they can pass through anything like ghosts. They cannot open doors, set of traps or anything, as they cannot interact with the physical world. It must be noted however, that if an object can block their spirit form, they can affect it, ie open a door, or a secret door in a wall.

It's a bit of a complicated thing, but I'm thinking of a way to have their basic ability in HQ, something along the lines of 'Spirit Projection: When the witch sends forth her spirit, it has a base AD/DD of 1/1, but for each attack and defense die she reduces her physical form, her spirit form's attack/defense increases.

Something like that, although just thoughts at the moment. Obviously want to keep it on par with the rest of the game so they're not overpowered.
But want to see if I can make the class.

Happy to hear any thoughts or comments on how to make this playable without being too strong for the game. :)

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
MadMickyG

Necromancer
Necromancer

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Daedalus » September 25th, 2018, 6:32 pm

A read through the Warrior Twins topic might help.
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby Anderas » September 26th, 2018, 12:41 am

I like your hero cards. I am currently thinking about redoing mine, too.

I made heavy use of the symbols in the HQ modern font. Thinking that when you get used to it, it will be easier. After testing and playing with it for a couple of years, I changed my mind. Where I used too many symbols, they get more annoying each day.

I might probably get a little bit cleptocreative on your heroes. :)

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member
Champion Group Member

Return to Heroes