• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

campaign with 5 heroes

Discuss the creation of new Heroes and share Heroes you've created.

Re: campaign with 5 heroes

Postby Teldurn » June 4th, 2014, 2:06 pm

Instead of going through and increasing monster BP, wouldn't it be also feasible to just add a couple monsters in the rooms to make the encounters more challenging?

I don't like being pedantic, but this is something that really gets under my skin and I don't know why:
This is rouge.
This is a rogue, which is what you meant to say. :D
War is not the answer...unless the question is, 'What is not the answer?'

Check out Broadsword, a love letter to 90s dungeon crawling board games.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Destroyed a Zombie!Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Teldurn

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby Jazzdrummer » June 4th, 2014, 2:23 pm

I really really like your house rules. I'm definitely going to try some of them. The rogue casting spells seems odd to me though.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
Jazzdrummer

Chaos Warrior
Chaos Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Sotiris » June 4th, 2014, 3:31 pm

The "Character creation" part will solve these problems, so i'm thinking seriously to bring it back with the following addition:
In spellcasting abillity the hero was just able to read scrolls.
Now, he may also begin the quest with 1 spell card amongst Veil of Mist, Swift Wind, Treasure Horde, Chains of Darkness, Invisibility
(those cards must belong to spell sets that have not been chosen from another caster)
1st spell set: 1 spell card -> 1 spell set
2nd spell set: 1 spell set -> 2 spells sets
and so on..

So a 6-4 Rogue is a real Rogue now with disarm ability and 1 card (which one.. :?: )
My new unpublished boardgame on Tabletopia free platform:
https://tabletopia.com/games/stellar_omega

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Sotiris

Necromancer
Necromancer

Forum Language: Ελληνικά
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:

Postby Gold Bearer » June 5th, 2014, 11:07 am

Teldurn wrote:Instead of going through and increasing monster BP, wouldn't it be also feasible to just add a couple monsters in the rooms to make the encounters more challenging?
Orcs and zombies should have more than one BP though. They seem too weak.

Teldurn wrote:I don't like being pedantic, but this is something that really gets under my skin and I don't know why:
This is rouge.
Tis fixt.
:goblin: 1BP, :orc: 2BP, :fimir: 3BP, :skeleton: 1BP, :zombie: 2BP, :mummy: 3BP, :chaoswarrior: 4BP, :gargoyle: 5BP. US :chaoswarrior: 3BP, US :gargoyle: 4BP.

Expanded Combined Spells: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=4296

A psychedelic substance occasionally causes psychotic behaviour in people who have not taken it. - Terence McKenna
DMT - The Spirit Molecule: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwZqVqbkyLM

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Shattered a Skeleton! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Gold Bearer

Crossbowman
Crossbowman

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Teldurn » June 5th, 2014, 2:48 pm

Gold Bearer wrote:
Teldurn wrote:Instead of going through and increasing monster BP, wouldn't it be also feasible to just add a couple monsters in the rooms to make the encounters more challenging?

If someone came up to you and asked you if you would prefer to fight one horse-sized chicken or ten chicken-sized horses, I get the impression you'd prefer the horse-sized chicken. I'd prefer the chicken-sized horses. Both options are viable when you apply them to HQ monster assignment but they have minor, subtle differences.

Gold Bearer wrote:
Teldurn wrote:I don't like being pedantic, but this is something that really gets under my skin and I don't know why:
This is rouge.
Tis fixt.

Thanks. |_P
War is not the answer...unless the question is, 'What is not the answer?'

Check out Broadsword, a love letter to 90s dungeon crawling board games.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Destroyed a Zombie!Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Teldurn

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:

Postby knightkrawler » June 5th, 2014, 3:40 pm

Teldurn wrote:
Gold Bearer wrote:

If someone came up to you and asked you if you would prefer to fight one horse-sized chicken or ten chicken-sized horses, I get the impression you'd prefer the horse-sized chicken. I'd prefer the chicken-sized horses. Both options are viable when you apply them to HQ monster assignment but they have minor, subtle differences.

I don't think they are minor or even subtle.
Basically, what you prefer, depends on how much of a tactical EWP you are and how much of tactical players the heroes are.

The greater number of opponents will take more body points from heroes before taken out themselves than the lesser number with an equal sum of body points between them will take before taken out. Statistical Thumb Rule Gone Through Many a Playtest and Game.
Even if attacks and BP losses are not as evenly spread out: The tactical fun for both parties is more fun with more figures on the board as long as there are enough options to move and attack. A room literally full of heroes and monsters is a thing of its own entirely, of course.
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Gold Bearer » June 6th, 2014, 5:08 am

Here's an interesting addition to your (or other peoples) character creation rules to add variation between the races. Elves +1MP/-1BP, +1 to movement and fail a jump on a white shield. Dwarves +1BP/-1MP, -1 to movement and fail a jump on a skull or black shield.

Teldurn wrote:
Gold Bearer wrote:
:) I just think zombies especially should be able to take a wound before they go down. They're zombies! Haven't you ever seen a zombie film?

:zombie: " I agree!"
:goblin: 1BP, :orc: 2BP, :fimir: 3BP, :skeleton: 1BP, :zombie: 2BP, :mummy: 3BP, :chaoswarrior: 4BP, :gargoyle: 5BP. US :chaoswarrior: 3BP, US :gargoyle: 4BP.

Expanded Combined Spells: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=4296

A psychedelic substance occasionally causes psychotic behaviour in people who have not taken it. - Terence McKenna
DMT - The Spirit Molecule: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwZqVqbkyLM

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Shattered a Skeleton! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Gold Bearer

Crossbowman
Crossbowman

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Sotiris » June 8th, 2014, 5:51 pm

Gold Bearer wrote:Here's an interesting addition to your (or other peoples) character creation rules to add variation between the races. Elves +1MP/-1BP, +1 to movement and fail a jump on a white shield. Dwarves +1BP/-1MP, -1 to movement and fail a jump on a skull or black shield

+ or - Body/Mind points give more variance to the races than i wish.
I was thinking something less worthy such as: better jump rolls, increased minimum movement rolls, poison resistance etc.
My new unpublished boardgame on Tabletopia free platform:
https://tabletopia.com/games/stellar_omega

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Sotiris

Necromancer
Necromancer

Forum Language: Ελληνικά
Hero:
Usergroups:

Previous

Return to Heroes