• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Thief and Halfling Custom Rules

Discuss the creation of new Heroes and share Heroes you've created.

Thief and Halfling Custom Rules

Postby Dark Defiance » August 2nd, 2009, 2:47 pm

While I have yet to fully test this rule out in more than one quest and hoping it wasn't already mentioned previously, I'd figured I'll post it here to share.

In my games Halflings and Thieves are limited to certain equiment and are typically weaker in body points, like the Wizard. This makes them less likely to be choosen for quests. This rule gives them an edge my players like.

Movement Modification
"Because of a Halflings size and the Thief's cunning, they are the only heros that may pass over a single monster as long as there is an unoccupied space in front or behind the monster. You may not move to this space if it requires you to move diagonally."

Enjoy!
-DD
Dark Defiance

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Thief and Halfling Custom Rules

Postby drathe » August 2nd, 2009, 10:47 pm

Simple and effective. I like it.

Could give the halflings 5 BP, 3 or 4 MP, the use of daggers, shortswords, helmets, shields and chain mail... I believe it's a great additional Hero character. Perfect for those times where a 6th player joins in for a game night.

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Innkeepers Group Member Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Return to Heroes