• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

HQ+ Heroes

Discuss the creation of new Heroes and share Heroes you've created.

Re: HQ+ Heroes

Postby Anderas » April 8th, 2015, 3:47 pm

About your Storm Wizard

I think he is too strong in the output and too weak in what he can take, seriously.
- 3 BP and restriction to Wizard equipment makes him die in one turn, once Morcar decides to attack him. That means, he has to stay in the background, or use the diagonal attack from behind as maximum. He is even more passive than the normal Wizard is; worse, he is forced to play passive, or he dies.
If I should develop the concept, I would give him 5 Body Points rather than 3; or some magical protection.

And then comes the output.
Combined Spells
Genie + Sleep = Lullaby: Cast Sleep individually on everybody in any room or corridor on the board.

This one is ok. The Genie has the ability to move to any Room and then cast the spell for you.

Tempest + Pass Through Rock = Cyclone: Cast Tempest on everybody in any room or corridor on the board.

This to "any room or corridor" is too strong. Should be line of sight, or adjacent Room through the wall.

Swift Wind + Fire Of Wraith = Backdraft: Fills any room or corridor on the board with intense flames causing a Fire Of Wraith attack on everybody individually, attack twice for targets vulnerable to fire.

Again, to attack any room or corridor is too strong. Anything that removes the necessity of moving the mage to a vulnerable position is just inacceptable if it is not very, very expensive or the effect is small. You pay the weakest spell of all to have this intense superdamage effect? It doesn't fit together entirely.

Additionally, the entire Room thing - it may be ok in most of the quests, but sometimes it is just too strong if there is a quest with a central room full of enemies. Maybe you can tone down all these effects to something between two or three models, which is sufficient for using two or three spells.

Ball Of Flame + Vail Of Mist = Fire Spray: Fills any room or corridor in sight with flaming hot liquid vapour causing a Ball Of Flame attack on everybody individually, attack twice for targets vulnerable to fire.

Again, the "any room" thing is too much, and the "entire room" as well. This costs two spells, maybe it affects two models in line of sight?

Courage + Rock Skin = Invigoration: Raises A and D by three each until the end of the targets next turn.

Let it be two dice and it is already good: You raise both values at the same time. This is good! Normally you have to spend two turns for the same effect, so it is better than to spend the two spells seperate from each other.

Water Of Healing + Heal Body = Rejuvenation: Fully restores BP and MP.

This is too weak. The two strongest spells in the list add up to the weakest effect. I would give them as combination either a stronger effect, or you could use these strong spells as payment for a real strong effect that you like to have elsewhere.

Fully Merged Spells
All Fire = Inferno: Attacks like Fire Of Wraith and Ball Of Flame using three dice on everyone in any room or corridor on the board, four dice against anyone vulnrable to fire.

Again, i wouldn't take the risk of the shoulders of the Magician: make it line of sight only.

All Air = Typhoon: Attacks like Fire Of Wraith and Ball Of Flame using two dice on everyone in any room or corridor on the board and causes them to miss a turn.

Here you have the Djinn, so any room on the Board would be good in this case.

All Water = Monsoon: Attacks like Fire Of Wraith and Ball Of Flame using one dice on everyone in any room or corridor on the board and causes them to miss two turns.

What's Water? Water is healing, sleep, veil of mist. You could possibly put a room at sleep or put veil of mist at all the group as long as they wish until some roll of some dice is failing or something similar?

All Earth = Quake: Causes everyone in any room or corridor on the board to miss three turns.

Healing, Rock skin, Pass through rock.
Why does this make somebody miss three turns? You could give each hero 1 BP and Rock skin for some turns?

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby Gold Bearer » May 3rd, 2015, 10:54 am

I forgot to reply to this and I haven't really got time so it will have to wait.

Just quickly though, the ones that use all three spells aren't supposed to be a mixture of the three individual spells like the ones that use two are. They're just powerful spells based on that element that require a lot of power. The way it works is a nice simple scale. Fire (the most offensive) attacks with three dice, air attacks with two and causes them to miss a turn, water attacks with one and causes them to miss two turns and earth (the most defensive) doesn't attack but causes them to miss three turns. They cause them to miss multiple turns because the spells are ongoing (two of them anyway). I forgot to add theat it will affect anyone else who enters the room befor ethe spell has finished.

Fire Spray isn't anywhere on the board, because ball of flame isn't. The spells that are anywhere on the board include a spell that can normally be used like that, apart from Cyclone which uses pass through rock to allow the spell to pass thropugh rock.

I don't think the spells should be depowered. They're not all that powerful considering the caster has to discard multiple spells. What I might do is add an MP cost of 2 for or 3 for the ones that use three spell cards.

I'm definitely not raising the BP. That's what compensates for the ability.

I made a load more combined spells as well, there's a topic for them.
:goblin: 1BP, :orc: 2BP, :fimir: 3BP, :skeleton: 1BP, :zombie: 2BP, :mummy: 3BP, :chaoswarrior: 4BP, :gargoyle: 5BP. US :chaoswarrior: 3BP, US :gargoyle: 4BP.

Expanded Combined Spells: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=4296

A psychedelic substance occasionally causes psychotic behaviour in people who have not taken it. - Terence McKenna
DMT - The Spirit Molecule: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwZqVqbkyLM

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Shattered a Skeleton! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Gold Bearer

Crossbowman
Crossbowman

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby knightkrawler » May 3rd, 2015, 11:07 am

I don't think a hero should ever miss three turns because of the option to cast a spell. None of my players would ever do that in my dungeon. Tee-Hee.
Wouldn't it be enough to lose three actions? Even that, whoa... I mean, they should be able to at least take to their heels.
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Anderas » May 3rd, 2015, 11:20 am

No it is the target of the spell who loses three turns.
He has the option to cast all spells of the same sort in one go, then it affects any complete room on the board, does damage to every inhabitant and let the survivors of the room wait some turns.

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member
Champion Group Member

Postby knightkrawler » May 3rd, 2015, 12:41 pm

Misread that, sorry.
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby GimmeYerGold » January 11th, 2016, 12:03 am

Hi GB, I saw you mentioned a Blacksmith as a character class here.

Did you have additional thoughts on special skills etc?

Thanks!

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
GimmeYerGold

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Gold Bearer » January 11th, 2016, 5:01 am

A blacksmith? I don't think I ever had a blacksmith class. I was using them in villages where there's no armoury to repair weapons and sell basic equipment. Maybe you misread the runesmith?
:goblin: 1BP, :orc: 2BP, :fimir: 3BP, :skeleton: 1BP, :zombie: 2BP, :mummy: 3BP, :chaoswarrior: 4BP, :gargoyle: 5BP. US :chaoswarrior: 3BP, US :gargoyle: 4BP.

Expanded Combined Spells: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=4296

A psychedelic substance occasionally causes psychotic behaviour in people who have not taken it. - Terence McKenna
DMT - The Spirit Molecule: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwZqVqbkyLM

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Shattered a Skeleton! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Gold Bearer

Crossbowman
Crossbowman

Hero:
Usergroups:

Previous

Return to Heroes