• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Armor Full-Set Cards (beta)

Discuss card making and cards you have made.

Armor Full-Set Cards (beta)

Postby girot » August 27th, 2022, 10:10 am

Looking for some feedback on this new card concept...

Armor "Full Set" Cards - Since gear is the primary means of progression in this game, the gear needs to evolve. Eventually just a helmet and cuirass aren't enough lol. This is an expansion on my "easy gear" system, now incorporating both text and icons. This set is geared towards more seasoned players, both recent and veteran.
Before i go too deep into this rabbit hole, i wanted to check in with the community for feedback on this. I like the card front layout, though i think the Trap icon might be redundant. The card back though... the art assets i have to work with are all i have. so getting "assembled" versions isn't possible. i did my best here to "lay out" the set on this bigass table, kinda like it was being shown to a buyer. alternately, i could just leave everything in icon format and just line them up? what do you folks think... any feedback would be helpful.

The Adventurer
- SLOTS - by expanding gear selection, slots became necessary to prevent unnecessary layering. in vanilla HQ just having an item in your inventory was the same as equipping. now, you have to actively equip an item in an open slot. Armor Sets take up the displayed slots. In this example, occupied slots will be HEAD/BODY armor slots, and ARMS/BELT/FEET accessory slots. the SHILED and BACK slots remain open and can be combined with the armor set.
- Wearing this set replaces your Defense Dice score with the dice shown (three dice). Adding a SHIELD can get you up to 4 (or 5 if its a Tower Shield).
- Armor Abilities help supplement defense dice, seeing as they cap at 6. Resistances were a logical option. They represent how leather armor could protect against road rash from falling in a pit, or protect against a weak attack. Or how plate can deflect arrow traps as well as a sword swing. Even cloth armor for mages are worth the expense.

girot

Fimir
Fimir

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups: .
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Armor Full-Set Cards (beta)

Postby girot » August 28th, 2022, 9:46 am

trying out a tarot card size for the full-sets. really liking the extra room for everything...

also, we talked about Armor Points. where this card takes damage before the hero does. once expended, the card is ignored until repaired (or discarded). a Repair Kit would be added to the Armory, and probably a spell or spell scroll for repair.
initial feedback on armor points is... meh. i'm fine ditching it if it doesn't work (or works too well).

did up a couple beta layouts for Druid and Wizard. still needs tweaking, but i'm excited to get these going!

girot

Fimir
Fimir

Hero:
Usergroups: .
Champion Group Member

Postby SmellierOne38 » October 2nd, 2022, 5:53 am

Is there a guide to explain what each slot is for? Some of the icons are not self explanatory. There could be magical armor pieces with different abilities. That way, a player has to decide what he wants. For example boots of speed, stealth, jumping, or defense. Or helmet of defense, mind points, clairvoyance. Have a trade off so the player feels like his choice matters, rather than just picking 1 obviously best piece.
SmellierOne38

Goblin
Goblin

Hero:

Postby Kurgan » October 2nd, 2022, 3:49 pm

So are these to be laminated to use dry erase marker on the empty boxes... and maybe use very small counter tokens to cover the categories?

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie!
Channeler
Kurgan

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:
Scribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberChampion Group Member

Return to Cards