• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

New Sword

Discuss card making and cards you have made.

Re: New Sword

Postby Jaguar69 » February 15th, 2011, 2:30 pm

Pugahla_272 wrote:Now I have been thinking I should make it so it takes a body point off the monster it attacks and add it to your bp unless the monster can defend it. I think Morcar/Zargon will have to declare which he is defending.

If hero rolls 1 skull and 1 black shield, then Morcar/Zargon will have to declare that he is rolling to stop the sword from taking a body point and adding it to his own health. If he does not then he is just defending against the skull.

Do you think this way is better by making the black shield take 1 bp off the monster aswell as adding 1 bp to yourself.

Or...

How it was when a black shield automatically adds 1 bp to your health but not taking it off the monster?

I think this is over complicating what should be a simplistic game system!!! If you want it to a 'vampiric sword', just have it so if you kill a monster with the sword it gives you one BP back. With everything else that goes on within a game the whole black shield, and nominating what you are defending, method just complicates things far too much.

I dont really get why you need to add one BP from the monster and an automatic BP if you roll a black shield??? if you attack a monster with 3 BP; say you roll a skull, white shield, and a black shield. skull can be defended as normal, but because of the black shield, the monster has a BP sucked out of it and into you, giving you the BP. (undefendable).

If you want to keep the 'black shield in attack gives you back one BP' method, just use that; dont add too many other rules to it. |_P
Jaguar69

Mummy
Mummy

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby Phoenix » February 16th, 2011, 1:48 am

also, consider making it a 'true' vampiric weapons; in that, it takes bp away from a hero who attacks undead creatures

:)

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
The Great
Phoenix

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Innkeepers Group Member Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Ethica » February 16th, 2011, 4:50 am

...but then you wouldn't use to attack undead creatures.

I agree with Jaguar, keep it simples. When you kill a monster with it you get 1BP back. To balance this awesome bonus give it a crappy attack roll like 2 combat dice.

Aside from dealing with too many rules at once remember the description of the rule itself needs to fit onto the actual quest treasure card.

"This sword allows you to roll two combat dice in attack. You may regain one lost body point for any monster (except undead) that you slay using this sword. MAY NOT BE USED BY WIZARD" ?????

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
Ethica

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Pugahla_272 » February 26th, 2011, 12:55 pm

Yeah suppose Hero Quest is meant to be a simple game. Keeping it simple is probably the best way to keep it cool and fun. So we can just do what Ethica and Jaguar said.
Look for my signature below
Look for my signature above
Pugahla_272

Mummy
Mummy

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Tott » March 1st, 2011, 7:45 am

even thats a bit ambiguous, 'when you kill a monster' does the wielder of the sword have to land the killing blow? or when any monster the wielder has been attacking? does the wielder of the sword have to kill them with the sword? what if an elf carrying this sword uses a spell to kill them? or a bow?
how about 'Whenever an attack with this sword is successful, restore up to one lost body point.'
this may allow the swords healing proc to occur more often though, ie if it takes the wielder two turns to kill an opponent with the sword.
Tott

Necromancer
Necromancer

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Pugahla_272 » March 1st, 2011, 11:45 am

I think it should be any successful attacks but this way you might recover bp to quickly so this may need to be changed.
Pugahla_272

Mummy
Mummy

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Pugahla_272 » March 1st, 2011, 11:50 am

Maybe when the sword is the weapon is that actually kills the monster.So if the elf kills the monster with a spell then a bp is not recovered. Which do u think is better???
Pugahla_272

Mummy
Mummy

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Previous

Return to Cards