• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Don't buy REPRODUCTION HeroQuest Cards on Ebay...

Discuss card making and cards you have made.

Don't buy REPRODUCTION HeroQuest Cards on Ebay...

Postby Kurgan » November 3rd, 2020, 8:04 pm

Yes... some greedy person decided he would go to the Inn site and copy the PDF files of Sjeng, Ethica and others, have them printed at MPC and charge a 150%-200% markup on them (yes, you can get the same product made yourself with minimal effort for about 50 cents per card... EVEN CHEAPER if you print them in bulk as this scalper probably did).

It's too bad there isn't a way to warn people who buy from him that they can get the same thing at a fraction of the cost (or even for free if they own a printer) from here. People are even talking them up on the "Official" HeroQuest Facebook group (how official is it? I'm guessing "not at all").

Since neither the original creators, nor the original owners of the product get a dime from the sales, I don't feel any sympathy for him with this scam he's running and if he gets banned from Ebay. It would be one thing if he was giving them away, or selling his own brand new content, but this is pure grift. Professionally printed cards don't cost this much! (I'm not knocking sites like MPC or people who print their own cards, just those who abuse it to price gouge the unsuspecting with pirated crap).

Report guys like this, don't enable them. :2cents:
Last edited by Kurgan on December 18th, 2020, 3:21 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie!
Channeler
Kurgan

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Scribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberChampion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Hero Quest Reproduction Cards on Ebay? OVERPRICED SCAM!

Postby BStewart80 » November 4th, 2020, 1:37 pm

Kurgan wrote:Yes... some greedy dork decided he would go to the Inn site and copy the PDF files of Sjeng, Ethica and others, have them printed at MPC and charge a 150%-200% markup on them (yes, you can get the same product made yourself with minimal effort for about 50 cents per card... EVEN CHEAPER if you print them in bulk as this scalper probably did).

It's too bad there isn't a way to warn people who buy from him that they can get the same thing at a fraction of the cost (or even for free if they own a printer) from here. People are even talking them up on the "Official" HeroQuest Facebook group (how official is it? I'm guessing "not at all").

Since neither the original creators, nor the original owners of the product get a dime from the sales, I don't feel any sympathy for him with this scam he's running and if he gets banned from Ebay for all I care. It would be one thing if he was giving them away, or selling his own brand new content, but this is pure grift.

Report guys like this, don't enable them. :2cents:

Thanks, Kurgan, for the heads up. I was very curious about this for a short time when I saw them on Ebay, but I had already homebrewed the cards from the Inn and they came about quite well for just printing on cardstock and using card sleeves for integrity (I should post pictures as proof). I did consider using MPC but I just thought it was a wasted expense given what I had made at home for very little cost. Whoever that guy is, it is just nasty business and not very kind to the original designers or to the uninitiated.

I second, Kurgan, stay away from this mess.
BStewart80

Orc
Orc

Hero:

Re: Hero Quest Reproduction Cards on Ebay? OVERPRICED SCAM!

Postby ethan » November 8th, 2020, 8:32 am

Oh, I've never seen cards like this. Thank you for the warning. Has anyone ordered from MPC and can tell me the best options to order cards like the original ones? Size, material etc. PM please. We don't want to give hints to the false ones ;)

Thank you.
ethan

Forum Language: Deutsch
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar

watch out for scams!

Postby Kurgan » November 8th, 2020, 3:40 pm

They have options (not an advert or shill here, just sayin') for custom sizes (email them your requirements for a quote), but I've found that the US Game Card Size is just 1 mm shorter than the NA cards.

If you are shuffling them from the side, especially if you sleeve them, they mix in with the NA style originals pretty darn well.

I like Superior Smooth, but each to their own. They end up feeling a bit slicker than the originals (even with regular, rather than gloss finish), but I like the texture. You can order a "sample pack" in terms of card materials for like 45 cents (not counting shipping). There may be other sites out there that provide such services, but I like them because you don't have to order huge batches, you can get small packs of like 18 cards if you want and the turn-around times aren't too bad, though they have gotten a bit longer due to covid.

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie!
Channeler
Kurgan

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:

Re: Don't buy REPRODUCTION HeroQuest Cards on Ebay...

Postby Sjeng » September 7th, 2023, 1:21 am

the guy is still selling them. I've told him this:

"Mate, "They are not cheap to reproduce or to do all the graphics work".
You did not make these cards, nor did you do any graphics work. *I did*.
Remove all these HeroQuest cards you blatantly stole from YeOldeInn from eBay right now.
You are making money off of other people's hard work. These cards were made for the HeroQuest community, not for you to profit off of. It's disgusting. I will report you if you don't remove all of these by the end of this week."

Just keep reporting him. Thanks!
Check out my YouTube channel Boardgame Heaven, and drop me a sub please!

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Forum Language: Nederlands
Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby Kurgan » September 7th, 2023, 9:21 am

The Bard Speaks!

100%! Even the designer of the cards is telling you to stop, ebay guy, give it a rest!

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie!
Channeler
Kurgan

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Chwat » September 7th, 2023, 10:51 am

who is selling so I can avoid them. :oops: :evil:
:skull: I am not affiliated to the EBAY shop below, but they sell Cracking proxies and more. :skull:
:whiteshield: https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/miniaturesbo ... 492.l74602 :whiteshield:
Chwat

Fimir
Fimir

Forum Language: British English
Hero:

Return to Cards