• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Evil Wizard Deck

Discuss card making and cards you have made.

Re: Evil Wizard Deck

Postby Kurgan » January 5th, 2022, 2:58 pm

Always nice to see original artwork for HeroQuest!

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie!
Channeler
Kurgan

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Scribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberChampion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby magokiron » January 5th, 2022, 8:13 pm

The cards with the new art look AMAZING!

Thanks for sharing.
My sword is bigger than yours (I throw +1 CD)
magokiron

Hero:

Postby lestodante » January 6th, 2022, 5:15 pm

What does No More Heroes image represent? Is that a hero drowning into the floor?
Monstrous Brew is a very good idea! Can Skeletons drink potions too? :mrgreen:
Undeads Rising: is Undead(s) correct in the title? Should it be singolar?
What are the colored monster symbols meaning on Undeads Rising and Orc Hunters?

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group MemberParticipated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
lestodante

Yeti
Yeti

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby Kurgan » January 6th, 2022, 6:17 pm

Can skeleton's drink potions? Only if it sticks to their ribs! (warning: 80's greatness)

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie!
Channeler
Kurgan

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby j_dean80 » January 6th, 2022, 6:53 pm

“Undeads Rising” should be “Undead (already plural) Rising”
Blood - Good to the last drop

Ye Olde Inn Quest Design Competition 2024 Joint Winner

Rewards:
Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Grin's Stone Map Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
j_dean80

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin

Hero:
Usergroups:
Scribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby Anderas » January 7th, 2022, 2:13 am

j_dean80 wrote:“Undeads Rising” should be “Undead (already plural) Rising”

Wow, how many years am I in this nerdy corner of the Net and I never knew that :-)

Thanks j_dean, I uploaded a new card with the corrected title.

For those not knowing my system: green is for beginner heroes, yellow is added for heroes with 3 dice, red is for heroes with 4 dice, violet is for heroes with 5 dice. 2 or more potions of healing in the group make them one step stronger than they look by dice, same for mercenaries.
New Artwork from the_maal_ Alberto Macari. Sharing and reuse is allowed under cc-by license.

I just got new text suggestions from Facebook:
Marcus Timm wrote:Title:
Flamy Surprise
Text:
"Spawn a fire elemental on one of your turns near a source of fire: Fire place, forge, torch, candle etc. Any water spell can be used as an attack with 4 combat dice."

sigh, I have to learn to do it Daedalus' way.

Marcus Timm wrote:Experimental Brew
Text:
"Any greenskin (goblin, orc, etc.) that moves past an alchemist's table may drink this strange green goo. The monster may mutate into any other greenskin instantly."

Well, I said that I wouldn't use "greenskin" anymore, so I guess that card would be like this in my deck:

"Experimental Brew"
Text:
"Any Goblin, Orc or FImir that moves past an alchemist's table may drink this strange green goo. The monster mutates into any other Goblin, Orc or Fimir instantly."

Marcus Timm wrote:Smart Ass
Text:
"Let a hero miss their next turn when in a room with books (book case, witch table, etc.). Can be countered immediately: Roll one red die per Mind Point - if no 6 shows up."

I like the inverse mind test here :-)

Marcus Timm wrote:Weapons Expert
Text:
"Any one monster in a room with a weapons rack may grab that ugly yet effective monster-weapon - that monster gets one additional attack die from now on."

Marcus Timm wrote:Secret Tunnel
Text:
"Select any two pit traps on the board at any time. These two are now connected via a (not so) secret tunnel. Moving on or falling in one will allow you to teleport to the other."

Marcus Timm wrote:Spear of Spears
Text:
"That spear of spears has mighty pierce: Use any spear trap as usual, but also to attack a second hero who is within line of sight from the first hero."

Marcus Timm wrote:Brutal Bob
Text:
"Select any nameless monster at any time. This nameless minion is now 'Bob'. Bob loses two defence dice, but gains an additional attack die from now on."

Marcus Timm wrote:Scary Mary
Text:
"Select any nameless monster at any time. This minion is now 'Mary'. Whenever Mary throws at least one black shield - its attacking or defending enemy misses 1 turn."

I commissioned one image of a female Orc. Now I know why!

Marcus Timm wrote:Mighty Fighty"
Text:
"'Fighty' is the nickname of that nameless goblin that you may select at any time. Fighty can attack twice and a black shield when defending counters all attacking skulls."

Naming Monsters? Well, it might have been late in the night when he posted these :-)

Marcus Timm wrote:Chest Challenge
Text:
"When heroes find a chest you may propose a challenge to them: If one of them carries it out of the dungeon, it will contain twice the content. The carrier can only move and defend."

Marcus Timm wrote:Cursed Gold
Text:
"Play this card when any hero found some gold. That hero must roll a combat die: If a skull is thrown, they only find half the gold."
Last edited by Anderas on January 7th, 2022, 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member
Champion Group Member

Postby Spookyhappyfun » January 7th, 2022, 12:01 pm

This new artwork is great! I'd love to see it applied to the NA format.

Rewards:
Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Spookyhappyfun

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Kurgan » January 7th, 2022, 1:18 pm

To convert to NA format I guess you'd remove the border and change the title font, but when I play I just use the EW deck as is... albeit I have one set that are red cards with black drawings (I think they look cool, but I guess on camera they are harder to read).

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie!
Channeler
Kurgan

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Anderas » January 7th, 2022, 4:22 pm

lestodante wrote:What does No More Heroes image represent? Is that a hero drowning into the floor?
Monstrous Brew is a very good idea! Can Skeletons drink potions too? :mrgreen:
Undeads Rising: is Undead(s) correct in the title? Should it be singolar?
What are the colored monster symbols meaning on Undeads Rising and Orc Hunters?

Sure Skeletons can drink!

So that has been cleared up now. :-)

Yes that is a hero sinking into the floor by some dark magic, har har!

Undeads rising and Orc Hunters need a second version for people who are not me. :-) Once I have all the new images, I'll upload them in other formats.

I have a lot of cards, also some quest maps with those four colors. Green is for beginner heroes, yellow is added for heroes with 3 dice, red is for heroes with 4 dice, violet is for heroes with 5 dice. 2 or more potions of healing in the group make them one step stronger than they look.

To convert to NA format I guess you'd remove the border and change the title font, but when I play I just use the EW deck as is... albeit I have one set that are red cards with black drawings (I think they look cool, but I guess on camera they are harder to read).

Change the title font, body font, text-to-image-relation, card size and color, remove that border. :-)

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member
Champion Group Member

Postby Anderas » January 11th, 2022, 7:44 am

I just reached out to Hasbro if it would be okay if I publish my cards in their layout.

Waiting their answer now!
Does anybody know the email of their project lead (this scrum guy who is occasionally posting on twitter?)

Rewards:
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to Cards