• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Evil Wizard Deck

Discuss card making and cards you have made.

Re: Evil Wizard Deck

Postby Stig » May 15th, 2018, 6:55 am

Anderas wrote:It works but reduces play options greatly. As long as the EWP is me, I would use such a mechanic without problems. :D

As I hope is the case for most EWPs. It's fun to create tension and drama amongst the heroes. |_P

Rewards:
Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
Stig

Ogre Lord
Ogre Lord

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby Tott » May 15th, 2018, 9:30 am

I use a different type of EWD, well several really, theres a Greenskin deck, a warriors of chaos deck, an undead deck, a traps deck, a ruins deck, a fortress deck etc etc
each deck is only a few cards, maybe 2 to 8 and each quest has instructions on which deck(s) to use
so if the mission is raiding a dungeon filled with orcs youd add the greekskin, fortress and maybe the traps deck, if the dungeon is exploring the site of an anceint castle youd add the undead and ruins deck plus a few others. shuffle them up and each quest has its own unique Evil wizard deck. the EWP player draws a card from the top of his deck at the start of his turn
each card of the EWD is split into 3 parts, fate, destiny and a spell. fate happens - its an instruction: 'place 2 orcs on the board next to a hero' (from the greenskin deck) or 'Gas trap - choose the room with the most heroes in - each hero loses 1 body point' (from the trap deck)
the second part is destiny - theres an IF condition, if its met, follow the instruction 'If any zombies have been killed this round, ressurect them as skeletons'
third is the spell, this is at the EWP's discretion and could be anything from buffing or healing mosnters, directly attacking or debuffing heroes etc. its up the the EWP is they want to play it.
If i ever get round to making up some of these cards properly, i might post them up here. :p
Tott

Necromancer
Necromancer

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Stig » May 16th, 2018, 9:33 am

My god that is a super idea! Love how it's split into three. "Destiny"...just wow. I toyed with the idea of making a themed EWP deck, such a an "ice" theme for the frozen horror etc. Feel free to post up what's written on the cards, no need to produce them.

Rewards:
Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
Stig

Ogre Lord
Ogre Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby The Admiral » May 16th, 2018, 10:23 am

Tott wrote:If i ever get round to making up some of these cards properly, i might post them up here. :p

Yes, please do. My EW deck could do with some new and interesting additions.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
The Admiral

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby jfv00 » October 23rd, 2021, 7:27 am

Stig wrote:Here's my Evil Wizard Deck, 168 cards in all. I've taken on board awesomeness here and added a lot of stuff too. It's standard HQ size. I've gone for fun and quantity (and therefore variety) over being really tight ruleswise - leaving more in the hands of the EWP.

I use a 10 minute sand-timer. The EWP starts with 0 cards, and gets one every 10 minutes. It REALLY adds to the tension! The EWP can play the cards whenever they choose. The heroes are really under time pressure then, and replicates the fear of loitering too long inside a dungeon.

Here's my dropbox link:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/m4fkz1rb32o3 ... 2wKaa?dl=0

I just downloaded the 183 card collection.

The cards are 182 + the back (card 0). I checked and Card #39 is missing. Can you upload it?
jfv00

Postby lestodante » October 23rd, 2021, 10:41 am

Tott wrote:...fate happens - its an instruction: 'place 2 orcs on the board next to a hero' (from the greenskin deck)...

I usually prefer when things are more realistic and a player can figure the situation he's living during the game: "a monster comes around the corner and heads towards you"; monsters should not appear from the sky. Except for a wandering monster card, in that situatio the Hero is intended to be busy while searching and didn't notice the monster approaching or where it comes from.
I write my EWD cards specifying when the EWP can play them: "play this card in a room with an empty treasure chest, it suddenly transform into a Mimic with the following stats.. Att, Def..."
Interesting the idea of splitting the cards into 3 parts. But can the EWP apply all three parts (fate, destiny and spell) if the situation allows this or just one of them can be used?

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group MemberParticipated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
lestodante

Yeti
Yeti

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby Kurgan » November 9th, 2021, 2:15 am

jfv00 wrote:I just downloaded the 183 card collection.

The cards are 182 + the back (card 0). I checked and Card #39 is missing. Can you upload it?

Good catch. Is it fixed?

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie!
Channeler
Kurgan

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Usergroups:
Scribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby jfv00 » November 9th, 2021, 2:13 pm

Kurgan wrote:
jfv00 wrote:I just downloaded the 183 card collection.

Good catch. Is it fixed?

It's incredible that just today I was wondering if you had red my post.

Anyway, at the moment I do not see it. In the afternoon (GMT+2) the website was down, and now any image has a "503 - service unavailable" error.
I will keep on cheking, though couldn't you use a different hosting service? This one requires also to be a paying member just to download all images in a zip file. I had to download manually each one of them.
jfv00

Postby Stig » November 10th, 2021, 1:04 pm

Hi both

I suspect the #39 is a naming/numbering issue, not that a card is missing. Ill go and check the hosting service - thanks for spotting.

Rewards:
Stig

Ogre Lord
Ogre Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Stig » November 10th, 2021, 1:07 pm

Hopefully this link works:

https://postimg.cc/gallery/bycXQny

Rewards:
Stig

Ogre Lord
Ogre Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to Cards