• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Lemmeron's equipment cards

Discuss card making and cards you have made.

Re: Lemmeron's equipment cards

Postby whitebeard » May 20th, 2015, 9:16 am

Lemmeron wrote:Bridge Sized cards are bigger than the original hero quest cards but that is what I used, and they are a better size in my opinion.

I did note a difference, but it was "small". Clearly the new cards cannot be used in a deck with the old ones. Holding the physical card... Is the difference otherwise noticeable? I thought it would be only a very subtle difference. Thanks!
Has resigned from the forum and would delete his account if he could.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
whitebeard

Archmage
Archmage

Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby Count Mohawk » May 20th, 2015, 9:50 am

Bridge-sized cards are 3.5" x 2.25".
Hero Quest cards are 3.5" x 2.2", which is a tiny bit smaller.
Then there's the Poker-sized card, which is 3.5" x 2.5", the standard size for most trading card games.

I have an amalgamated Treasure deck with cards of both sizes. In order to make this work, I put them into penny card sleeves, which has the effect of standardizing the card sizes (and also makes the entire deck slippery and easy to knock over). Suffice to say, I am cheap.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
Marquis of Math
Count Mohawk

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby cornixt » May 20th, 2015, 9:56 am

For anything other than the treasure cards (which require shuffling), I'd consider doing them as mini-sized. They take up much less table space and the writing shouldn't be too hard to read. The proportions all tend to be different though, so it's not as easy as just inserting existing images.

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie!
cornixt

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Count Mohawk » May 20th, 2015, 10:37 am

How much smaller is 'mini'? I tried a test sheet of 2.5" x 1.5" mini-cards and the writing was too small.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
Marquis of Math
Count Mohawk

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Teldurn » May 20th, 2015, 11:21 am

whitebeard wrote:
Teldurn wrote:When you have them professionally printed, do you do Bridge-sized cards or Poker-sized cards? It looks like Bridge-sized is the right proportion, but I can't know for sure.

The dimensions are provided on the website. I used a ruler and confirmed that the Base system HQ cards are "bridge" cards. :p Do you get a different result? Let's measure twice and order once!

It's not that I got a different result; it's just that I'm at work and didn't have my cards within arm's reach at the time, so I thought it would be best to ask and have the answer ready for me when I go to order all my HQP cards printed. :D
War is not the answer...unless the question is, 'What is not the answer?'

Check out Broadsword, a love letter to 90s dungeon crawling board games.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Destroyed a Zombie!Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Teldurn

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby slev » May 20th, 2015, 1:46 pm

Looks like you have had a lot of the same ideas I've had.
Looks fantastic!

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
slev

Scout
Scout

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby cornixt » May 20th, 2015, 2:19 pm

Count Mohawk wrote:How much smaller is 'mini'? I tried a test sheet of 2.5" x 1.5" mini-cards and the writing was too small.

I guess "too small" is an opinion. Anyway, Printerstudio mini cards are 1.75" x 2.5", Artscow are stated as 2” x 2.5” (matter of debate though)

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie!
cornixt

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Count Mohawk » May 20th, 2015, 2:47 pm

"Too small" is most definitely an opinion: mine. Anyway, thanks for the response. I may try 2" x 2.5" for my next test sheet of mini-cards.

Rewards:
Marquis of Math
Count Mohawk

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Redav » May 20th, 2015, 9:19 pm

cornixt wrote:I guess "too small" is an opinion.

The saving grace for HQ is the cards don't sit in your hands much. The small cards in Ticket to Ride USA were about as annoying as you could get (sized to match old school rail ticket stubs). Thankfully the Big Cities expansion fixed that.
Campaign Status
EU Group: Kellar's Keep - The Dwarven Forge
NA Group: The Gathering Storm - Barak Tor - Barrow of the Witch Lord

Project's Status
Rules: House Rules and Clarifications are open for discussion
Campaigns: Thinking
Alternate Mini's: Planning and acquiring
Painting: I've started painting... :o

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Redav

Storm Master
Storm Master

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Lemmeron » May 22nd, 2015, 9:59 am

The "bridged size" ones I ordered are noticeably bigger than the original cards. So either your version has different sized cards to mine or the "bridge size" is different.

Just make sure you measure your hero quest cards and check the measurements against the ones you are buying.

Rewards:
Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Created a Hot Topic. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!
Lemmeron

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to Cards