• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Spell Musings

Discuss card making and cards you have made.

Spell Musings

Postby chaoticprime » October 5th, 2013, 11:29 pm

Here a couple spells designed to be used best in combinations with other spells, as part of an artifact-endowed double casting of spells.

Also, here's cataloging this guy:

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
chaoticprime
Practically Lives Here

Swordsman
Swordsman

Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Spell Musings

Postby Goblin-King » October 6th, 2013, 4:04 am

Am I to understand that each monster can only be hit by the boulder once now? At least that's how I read it? That is much better than the earlier version where it could just roll back and forth over a single target!

Inquisition's function is a little unclear.
Do you cast it on a hero and that hero can see through all monsters' eyes as long as he can actually see at least one monster.
Or is it cast on a monster and that monster is the only one you can see through?

Something went wrong in the creation of the image to the Inquisition spell. In the eye there is a small blob of grey.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges.Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Ye Olde Judge Dredd
Goblin-King
Really looks like David Bowie

Frozen Horror
Frozen Horror

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Daedalus » October 6th, 2013, 5:26 am

I understand that the Inquisition spell is cast on any one figure (a Hero or monster). The spell caster can then see from it's square and his own square until no more monsters are visable. After that, the spell ends and it's normal line of sight from the spellcaster's square.
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby Goblin-King » October 6th, 2013, 5:37 am

aah, now I get it

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges.Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Ye Olde Judge Dredd
Goblin-King

Frozen Horror
Frozen Horror

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby chaoticprime » October 6th, 2013, 6:55 am

Goblin-King wrote:Am I to understand that each monster can only be hit by the boulder once now? At least that's how I read it? That is much better than the earlier version where it could just roll back and forth over a single target!

Inquisition's function is a little unclear.
Do you cast it on a hero and that hero can see through all monsters' eyes as long as he can actually see at least one monster.
Or is it cast on a monster and that monster is the only one you can see through?

Something went wrong in the creation of the image to the Inquisition spell. In the eye there is a small blob of grey.

Daedalus got it right.

I worded these carefully using prescriptive English. Basically, there is nothing implied. It functions exactly as it says it does. You have to apply its function.

"This spell must be cast on one Hero or monster within your line-of-sight."

You pick a target from among any figures on the board that you can "see."

"A magical link allows you to treat the victim's line-of-sight exactly as if it was your own regarding all ranged attacks and spells."

The "victim" refers to the Hero or monster you chose to cast the spell on. You are made able to use the victim's line-of-sight to find targets for your spells and ranged attacks. You can use this spell to effectively cast spells through crowded corridors. If the Barbarian is blocking the door, cast this spell on him, and then your next spell that you cast can utilize his unblocked line-of-sight.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
chaoticprime
Practically Lives Here

Swordsman
Swordsman

Usergroups:

Postby Goblin-King » October 6th, 2013, 8:18 am

It seems pretty clear now... Guess it was just to early when I read it first!

So, just to be a dick- What happens if the wizards breaks the link/LoS with say the barbarian. But he can see an orc standing in normal LoS in the same room as himself.
Is the spell broken or not in that case. I would think not, in regard to the wording.

Rewards:
Ye Olde Judge Dredd
Goblin-King

Frozen Horror
Frozen Horror

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby chaoticprime » October 6th, 2013, 8:42 am

If linked with the Barbarian, the spell will be broken for the Wizard when neither Hero can see a monster.

Rewards:
chaoticprime
Practically Lives Here

Swordsman
Swordsman

Usergroups:

Postby knightkrawler » October 6th, 2013, 9:06 am

I like that spell. I'll blatantly steal it.
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Daedalus » October 6th, 2013, 10:21 am

I like it, as well. It cleanly breaks a game restriction. I think it would also work well as a scroll spell, as it could be cast with another spell.
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby knightkrawler » October 6th, 2013, 10:51 am

I actually plan to use it as a normal spell as well as make it available as a scroll, for the use of archers and shooters.
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Next

Return to Cards