• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Spearman's Shield

Discuss card making and cards you have made.

Re: Spearman's Shield

Postby Templar » May 16th, 2013, 2:13 am

chaoticprime wrote:The notch at the top was only fit on shields used for the joust, and makes not sense on this type of shield.

Hehe, you got me there |_P
Although I knew most of what you mention above, I did not like the look of the greek hole-on-the-side shield, so I just googled for a shield I liked and removed some of it in paint. :mrgreen: It may not be historically accurate, or even possible to use in practice...but I like the look of it 8-)
"If you have to ask, you're streets behind..." - Pierce Hawthorn


Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange.
User avatar
Templar

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain
 
Posts: 232
Joined: November 9th, 2011, 4:31 am
Location: Karlstad, Sweden
Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Spearman's Shield

Postby chaoticprime » May 16th, 2013, 3:00 am

Templar wrote:
chaoticprime wrote:The notch at the top was only fit on shields used for the joust, and makes not sense on this type of shield.

Hehe, you got me there |_P
Although I knew most of what you mention above, I did not like the look of the greek hole-on-the-side shield, so I just googled for a shield I liked and removed some of it in paint. :mrgreen: It may not be historically accurate, or even possible to use in practice...but I like the look of it 8-)


Why not slap on the Avengers logo while you're taking liberties?


Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
User avatar
chaoticprime
Practically Lives Here

Swordsman
Swordsman
 
Posts: 1939
Images: 0
Joined: February 10th, 2013, 3:38 am
Location: Kansas City
Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: Spearman's Shield

Postby Templar » May 16th, 2013, 4:32 am

chaoticprime wrote:Why not slap on the Avengers logo while you're taking liberties?

I understand the appeal of historical accuracy, and I applaude you for sharing your knowledge. But in this instance the case of awesome!!! outweighed any such aspects for me :D

EDIT:
Or maybe you are referring to me using a picture without permission...
Since it is for private use only, I will most surely keep doing so :twisted:
"If you have to ask, you're streets behind..." - Pierce Hawthorn


Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange.
User avatar
Templar

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain
 
Posts: 232
Joined: November 9th, 2011, 4:31 am
Location: Karlstad, Sweden
Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Re: Spearman's Shield

Postby chaoticprime » May 16th, 2013, 1:59 pm

Templar wrote:
chaoticprime wrote:Why not slap on the Avengers logo while you're taking liberties?

EDIT:
Or maybe you are referring to me using a picture without permission...
Since it is for private use only, I will most surely keep doing so :twisted:


I have absolutely zero interest in protecting the copyrights of others. Its their copyright, let them enforce it.


Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
User avatar
chaoticprime
Practically Lives Here

Swordsman
Swordsman
 
Posts: 1939
Images: 0
Joined: February 10th, 2013, 3:38 am
Location: Kansas City
Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: Spearman's Shield

Postby Templar » May 19th, 2013, 4:28 am

Well said, well said |_P

I wasn't sure what you meant at first...comes with not being as good an english-speaker as I think :)
"If you have to ask, you're streets behind..." - Pierce Hawthorn


Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange.
User avatar
Templar

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain
 
Posts: 232
Joined: November 9th, 2011, 4:31 am
Location: Karlstad, Sweden
Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Previous

Return to Cards

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest