• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Adventure Design Kit 2022 LEAKED

Discuss the Adventure Design Kit.

Adventure Design Kit 2022 LEAKED

Postby AmalgamAsh » July 28th, 2022, 11:24 am

Ash here, just chuffed at yet more HQ products being leaked...though I'm sure plenty will get anxious at seeing even more unofficial imagery going around!

https://youtu.be/g-CPzfDjhQc
AmalgamAsh

Goblin
Goblin

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Adventure Design Kit 2022 LEAKED

Postby StratosVX » July 28th, 2022, 5:55 pm

Honestly, I am surprised they are still doing this on paper. I figured they would have come up with a HeroScribe clone.

Rewards:
Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Scribe of Heroes
StratosVX
I hate snakes, Jacques...

Scout
Scout

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Kurgan » July 28th, 2022, 6:14 pm

Easier to give out as swag at that convention I won't be at perhaps...? Non-glossy paper is much easier to write on (and erase) with pencil.

A glimpse of things to come or at least a very big tease of such. Great news!

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie!
Channeler
Kurgan

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:
Scribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby lestodante » July 28th, 2022, 9:12 pm

if they want to do a good thing, they should do a HeroScribe clone app with features like these:
create your quest/questpacks, including text and eventually intro and epilogue.
save and share your quest online
change monster stats
give a QR code or any other code to the quest so other people can download your quest/questpacks and play them.
add extra cards (template required)
vote the quests - the best ones or most played will be under review by hasbro team and eventually printed/published/improved with new stuff

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group MemberParticipated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
lestodante

Yeti
Yeti

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby steeltekki » August 4th, 2022, 5:19 pm

This is great. I saw they're giving them away at Gen-Con as well. Thanks for sharing
steeltekki

Skeleton
Skeleton

Postby cornixt » August 5th, 2022, 1:37 pm

I'm a bit tempted to edit the sheet so that there are enough monsters and the icons are all the right size so they can be cut and pasted in, but there are better options. The first is to use one of the quest design programs, the other is to create simplified symbols for the map so they can be written in by hand more easily. I still might end up doing an edit of it just to satisfy my urges.

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie!
cornixt

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Kurgan » May 5th, 2023, 11:55 am

Thanks to the reminder from actionfence on the HeroQuestFans discord that the official link hasn't really been shared prominently so here it is !

Yes a bit of a mystery... is it just meant as nostalgic swag or were they planning some digital (app or web-based) design kit, perhaps where you drag and drop the icon from the right onto the map on the left and it automatically re-sizes? (and auto-saves? where do you put quest notes? or do you just "print screen" as is?)

You could certainly print it in two sizes (or split it in half in a paint program then do this) to get the right sizes and cut out shapes... this is actually the slowest way to do it. I don't think any of us really took the time to do it that way. Even the developers in the design drafts for EQP/BQP just took a blank map and free-hand drew the icons (or wrote in text labels, at best using a highlighter). The original actual Adventure Design Kit used a peel off sticker sheet of pre-cut icon images (with many copies of each icon) for you to use on five blank sheets (complete with space in the "quest book" for notes to hand write or type and paste the paper to the sheet too I suppose).

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie!
Channeler
Kurgan

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Kurgan » September 20th, 2023, 3:48 pm

I mistakenly thought they had updated this file recently, but it's the same as it always was. Even the copies given away at GenCon are basically the same as before. The pictures are really meant as a guide for you to sketch it yourself on the grid. So it's intended as a real item to help people make their own quests, but they don't expect you to cut out and glue the icons onto the map (in fact, almost nobody does that, even the designers sketch the stuff free hand usually).

Back in the day the actual classic era ADK had die cut, peel off sticker decals (in black and white)... the ADK was really a sticker book with some advice, basically, so that system would work fine if they really wanted to, but is costlier than just releasing a PDF that can be printed and giving away pads of them at conventions.

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie!
Channeler
Kurgan

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:

Return to Adventure Design Kit