• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

How big is your colloection of HQ minis?

Discuss general topics relating to HeroQuest that don't fit well in the categories below.

How big is your colloection of HQ minis?

Postby Ragnarök » September 27th, 2020, 11:34 am

So, over the years I expanded my old Hero Quest more and more with additional cards and minis. I guess most do/did the same here. I think my own collection got a little bit out of control and I wonder if other board members experienced this, too? Personally I've got around 300 painted miniatures for Hero Quest (and additionally still maybe ~50 unpainted ones), not only original ones, but also Talisman 3rd ed. heroes and monsters, Wahrhammer 4th ed. minis, Battle Masters minis, Advanced HQ minis and even some heroes and monsters of other fantasy board games, which had the same scale as HQ and could be attached on a GW base. I completely stopped buying new minis though, since I've got more than than enough. How many miniatures do you use or have for Hero Quest?
Last edited by Daedalus on May 25th, 2021, 9:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: moved topic from Ye Olde Pub room

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie!
Ragnarök

Zombie
Zombie

Forum Language: Deutsch
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: How big is your colloection of HQ minis?

Postby Fallensaviour » September 27th, 2020, 1:03 pm

I’ve got enough minis for 3 complete base sets,2 complete sets of RTOWL and KK,plus two sets of skaven from advanced set plus heroes,minis from BQ,EQ ,WOM,OH and a few warhammer 4th ed and a couple talisman 3rd.
I don’t think I went over board at all?....But I’m sure most people have done the same over the last 30 years...lol

Rewards:
Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie!
Fallensaviour

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Ragnarök » September 27th, 2020, 1:30 pm

Yes, you're probably right that the collections of board members here are all huge. Have you ever counted, how many minis for HQ you've got exactly?

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie!
Ragnarök

Zombie
Zombie

Forum Language: Deutsch
Hero:

Postby Rath of Un » September 27th, 2020, 3:44 pm

The quick answer to the question is:

2 Core Game sets
1 Kellar's Keep
1 Return of the Which Lord

I also have Odds and ends from up my original Core Game Set. With two core sets I was able to get one whole set painted! The painted set makes up my personal game set that I use to play Hero Quest with my Kiddos. The others are sitting on the shelf as complete sets.

Rewards:
Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in a Miniature Exchange.
Rath of Un

Ogre Warrior
Ogre Warrior

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Fallensaviour » September 27th, 2020, 8:07 pm

Ragnarök wrote:Yes, you're probably right that the collections of board members here are all huge. Have you ever counted, how many minis for HQ you've got exactly?

Yes,I have.

Rewards:
Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie!
Fallensaviour

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Pancho » September 28th, 2020, 2:36 am

I’ve added to my collection a fair bit since joining the Inn, but kept it sensible enough to avoid a divorce (so far).

I’ve got something like;
- 14 goblins (6 with bows)
- 12 regular orcs
- 10 special orcs (crossbows, chainmail, Ulag, Shaman etc).
- 7 Fimir (inc chieftain & shaman)
- 8 zombies
- 8 skellies
- 4 mummies
- 2 cultists, plus Fanrax
- 4 Chaos warriors
- 2 Doomguard
- 2 gargoyles
- 2 Chaos Sorcerers, plus High Mage and Storm Master
- 1 Morcar
- 8 Ogres inc 1 Battlemasters one.
- Sinestra
- Millandriell
- 2 werewolves
- 3 giant wolves
- 5 Elves
- 7 Dark Warriors
- Frozen Horror
- 1 yeti
- 3 Polar war bears
- 3 ice Gremlins
- 3 Trolls
- 5 gnolls
- 3 Bugbears
- 1 Carrion Crawler
- 2 mimics
- 4 elementals (one for each element)
- 16 Skaven
- 4 giant rats
- 1 rat-Ogre
- 1 Skaven assassin
- 1 Grey Seer

For the Empire!
- 4 Barbarians
- 3 Elf’s
- 4 Dwarves
- 3 Wizards
- 12 men-at-arms
- 1 Mentor
- 3 Sir Ragnars (at various points on his career)
- 1 Thief
- 1 Ranger
- a few NPCs

I thinks that’s it. I also have a big Warhammer fantasy collection, so I can bust in extra green skins, Dark Elves, Chaos, undead etc for my Heroquest nights if needed.
If you want to talk about my Napoleonic collection, well, that’s another story, and much more likely to bring on that divorce :bites-lip:

Rewards:
Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges.
Pancho
Rock Skin Achieved

Halberdier
Halberdier

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:
Scribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby Malcadon » September 28th, 2020, 3:06 pm

I have had my set for almost 30 years now, though it, I just added to it. While I have a lot of other miniatures, I generally avoid figures that lack the Heroic scale look or use figures with bases that would scratch-up the gameboards. Although, players are free to substitute their Hero figure for something more desirable, as long as the base is good (I would cut a Pog down to shape and apply some white glue if need-be) As I would be at this all day, I will not include furniture. Which is a shame, as I have a number of great paper-craft beds, tables, chairs, stools and other odds and ends. I get my 3D printer within the past six months and I have been loving it!

My set includes:

GAME SETS
1 HQ Game System (4 Heroes, 6 Goblins, 8 Orcs, 3 Fimir, 4 Skeletons, 2 Zombies, 2 Mummies, 4 Chaos Warriors, 1 Gargoyle, 1 Chaos Warlock; 53 total, or 86 with Quest Packs)
1 Return of the Witch Lord Quest Pack (+8 Skeletons, +4 Zombies, +4 Mummies; +16 to total)
1 Kellar's Keep Quest Pack (+6 Goblins, +8 Orcs, +3 Fimir; +17 to total)
1 DragonStrike set (6 Heroes, 3 Orcs, 4 Bugbears, 3 Death Knights, 2 Gargoyles, 1 Fire Elemental, 1 Giant, 1 Evil Wizard, 1 Troll, 1 Manscorpion, 1 Dragon; +25 to total)
1 DarkWorld set (not all figures used due to redundancies: 4 Ogres, 1 Haunter, 1 Manticore)
1 Key to the Kingdom set (6 Adventures (used as Men-At-Armes back in the day until I was able to mount BattleMaster figures), 1 Demon King)
1 BattleMasters set (not all figures used due to redundancies or inability to get bases for them all; 10 Beastmen, 10 Chaos Archers, 15 Men-At-Arms, 10 Archers, 5 Crossbowmen, sadly the Wold Riders were too messed-up to use; +50)
1 WarhammerQuest Game System (not all figures used due to redundancies; 6 Goblin Archers, 6 Orc Archers, 12 Snotlings, 12 Giant Rats, 12 Giant Spiders, 12 Giant Bats, 12 Ratmen, 3 Minotaurs; +75)

So for years now, my HQ set was about 250 miniatures!

LOOSE MINIATURES
5 Ogres (Cavemen from a cavemen-themed "army men" plastic toy set)
1 Sabertooth Tiger (from caveman toy set; shame there was only one)
1 (out of 5) Lions (from plastic zoo animal toy set; only 1 painted and mounted so far)
(I always wished I was able to save my Dragons N Monsters sets for this game)

ADVENT OF 3D PRINTING
1 Wizards of Morcar set (4 Men-at-Arms (so far), 1 High Mage, 1 Necromancer, 1 Orc Shaman, 1 Storm Master; +8 and counting)
1 Mage in the Mirror set (1 Female Elf, 1 Elven Archmage, 2 Elven Warriors, 2 Elven Archers, 3 Giant Wolves, (no Ogres), plus 2 bonus Princesses*; +11 to the total)
1 The Frozen Horror set (1 Yeti... I'm still working on this one)
2 Female Heroes (Barbarian** and Dwarf)
2 Haliflings (from Dark World: Village of Fear set***)
1 Vampire Lady
1 Dark Elf Warrior
1 Dark Elf Crossbowman
2 Chaos Dwarf Warriors
3 Chaos Barbarians
1 Chaos Sorcerer
4 Champions of the Chaos Gods (Khorne, Tzeentch, Nurgle & Slaanesh)
1 Fimir Meargh
1 Fimir Fimm
1 Giant Rat (and counting)
1 Slime (and counting)
2 Bloodletters (might not use, as limbs are a little thin****)
1 Daemonette (more of a test print; no dagger and limbs are way too delicate****)

I have more miniatures lined-up for print. I'm also figuring out Blender so I can customized or create my own figures.

*A pair of customized figures I remixed from this.
**This is a 15mm miniature. Scale up by x1.333.
***NOTE: This guy has all the Battle Master figures mounted in HQ bases.
****They are great DIY sets. I might have to alter the X/Y axis to thicken them out a bit, and print the arms and heads separately.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Malcadon

Ogre Lord
Ogre Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby lestodante » September 28th, 2020, 5:44 pm

I have all the Italian releases plus the UK versions as well. Same for the US version, core game plus the expansions.
Sometimes more copies of the same expansion.
For the core set I really have a lot as I bought a box full of them in the past. :mrgreen:
Also some collectibles like jigsaws or magazines.
Spares miniature: a lot but too much still unpainted. Mainly HeroQuest pieces and other Citadel figures from the same age.
Here is a pic of the top part of my cabinet. I have more stored in other closets
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group MemberParticipated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
lestodante

Yeti
Yeti

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby bigmiked43 » October 31st, 2020, 10:42 pm

lestodante wrote:I have all the Italian releases plus the UK versions as well. Same for the US version, core game plus the expansions.
Sometimes more copies of the same expansion.
For the core set I really have a lot as I bought a box full of them in the past. :mrgreen:
Also some collectibles like jigsaws or magazines.
Spares miniature: a lot but too much still unpainted. Mainly HeroQuest pieces and other Citadel figures from the same age.
Here is a pic of the top part of my cabinet. I have more stored in other closets

Awesome collection!
Drink this brown, frothy liquid
bigmiked43

Skeleton
Skeleton

Hero:

Postby Cael Darkhollow » November 6th, 2020, 6:58 pm

yeah me too. I have several sets of HeroQuest and all the expansions, plus Battlemasters and the expansions, Talisman,Warhammer, Warhammer Quest, Advanced Heroquest and expansions, etc.

I have been collecting GamesWorkshop stuff for nearly 30 years, plus I was buying incomplete HeroQuest, Battlemasters, and DarkWorld boardgameson eBay just for the figures or parts to bloster those games or convert to Warhammer Fantasy for many years.
I would say my figure inventory is in the several thousand range (just counting GW/Milton Bradley) with several hundred of that actual HeroQuest figures, not including my D&D or other miniatures companies such as Conan, reaper, marauder, etc.) I will be painting the rest of my life that's for sure.
Last edited by Cael Darkhollow on November 7th, 2020, 3:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Crom I'll split you crown to crotch to see if your guts are yellow as I think they are nithing BARBARIAN Ulrich
The last music you shall ever hear will be my bowstring as your forehead sprouts a feathered shaft, pity ELF Cael Darkhollow
Tomes grimoires manuals atlas formularies compendiums codexes bestiaries folios scrolls... Am I missing anything before we leave? WIZARD Eldritch Heironymous KigamMagister
Some quick axe work an' we can count the coins and gems DWARF Wulfram Magnussen
Cael Darkhollow

Orc Shaman
Orc Shaman

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Next

Return to General HeroQuest Discussion