• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Gloomhaven

Topics relating to Fantasy Games not listed above.

Re: Gloomhaven

Postby Crusader » January 16th, 2021, 7:47 am

I recently bought Gloomhaven: "Jaws of the Lion" to keep me going until New Heroquest ships. It is a smaller version of the full game and introduces you bit by bit to the full game over the first 5 quests. The characters can be incorporated into the full game if you buy it at a later date. It's about half the price of the full game and has some cool minis too.
Crusader

Goblin
Goblin

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Gloomhaven

Postby thequester » January 17th, 2021, 2:57 pm

I've played some Gloomhaven with a couple friends, 2-3 years ago. It took a long time to set up. Playing did too. I think we played the first quest 4 or 5 times, dying again and again, before we finally got through it. Sometimes, after discussing between quests, we had an idea for how to improve our strategy, sometimes it helped us a bit, sometimes not. After playing for many days, we decided to move on to other games. We didn't get through the second quest. We got the impression that you have to play each quest perfectly in order to complete it, without much wiggle-room. Our conclusion was that it takes a lot of dedication, time, and perseverance. I can see the epicness of the whole game, we just weren't willing to put the amount of effort into it that it seemed to require.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Killed a mighty Fimir!
thequester

Fimir
Fimir

Forum Language: British English
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Previous

Return to Other Games Room