IvenBach wrote:Please tell me to stop before I hurt myself. I'm getting more eager to try and paint a fire effect. Simple but effective like thus: http://www.whizzbang.be/images/sonniaa.jpg. The extra greenstuff I had a while backwent onto some Chaos Warriors and they've been steadily calling my name. Fire effects are beyond what I can do right now and I know that. Since I'm a terribly slow painter I wanted to get a few peoples input or tips for painting fire as well as object lighting before I attempt this... I think it was GK that had some good fire effects I saw before but can't find again.
I did these if those are the ones you remember:


Fire goes:
Super hot = White
Very hot = Yellow
Pretty hot = Orange
Kinda hot = Red
Not that hot = Dark red
What is this? = Black
It is hottest near the origin of the flame and coldest at the tips.
As for OSL, just imagine the source (the actual flames) are real and has a certain "glow radius".
Anything near should be shaded with yellow/orange, then fade into the darker colors.
Dont' use the brightest (white) or darkest (dark red/black), that will look weird.
TIP: Use a spare model and try giving him a glowing weapon. Once you try it out you'll see it's not THAT hard after all.























