• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

If I were to make the perfect dungeon board game, I would...

Guests may gather here for General Discussions about almost any Topic. NO BRAWLING!
Forum rules
Certain topics have become known to cause friction among passionate members. We kindly ask that topics relating to these subjects be taken outside the Inn to Websites that specialise in those subjects.

Thus far, these topics are: Recreational Drugs, Religion and Science.

Re: If I were to make the perfect dungeon board game, I woul

Postby Anderas » November 21st, 2014, 3:00 pm

Not implementing pre defined classes means either to have one single standard class, which would remove much of the feeling, or to have a flexible rpg like combination System. The second one invites to do munchkin and needs hundreds of pages with rules.

Decide yourself.


Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear
 
Posts: 3397
Images: 73
Joined: September 20th, 2014, 7:02 am
Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: If I were to make the perfect dungeon board game, I woul

Postby knightkrawler » November 21st, 2014, 3:18 pm

A number of skills, sorted into levels (availability based on experience [points]), that you can "buy".

At the start of the game every player gets a set number of Purchase Points and builds his starting hero with those. With experience he gains PP and adds skills up to his gusto and his alone. No classes, no races. That is an awesome idea if the game is built around all these porssibilities.
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.


Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord
 
Posts: 5825
Images: 27
Joined: May 25th, 2012, 2:26 pm
Location: Regensburg, Germany
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: If I were to make the perfect dungeon board game, I woul

Postby cornixt » November 21st, 2014, 3:27 pm

Even with that, you are going to end up with only a few different types of character. Except now rather than them being prepackaged you have to make people spend 30 minutes trying to build something that is practically the same.

You'll have fighty guys, magic guys, and various in between. Unless you are adding several extra dimensions of qualities (I can't think what they would be for a dungeon board game unless you go really RPG), picking and choosing is still only going to net you the 16 or so different types that people are going to suggest anyway.


Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie!
User avatar
cornixt

Ogre
Ogre
 
Posts: 813
Joined: November 4th, 2014, 12:56 pm
Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Re: If I were to make the perfect dungeon board game, I woul

Postby cynthialee » November 21st, 2014, 3:38 pm

knightkrawler wrote:A number of skills, sorted into levels (availability based on experience [points]), that you can "buy".

At the start of the game every player gets a set number of Purchase Points and builds his starting hero with those. With experience he gains PP and adds skills up to his gusto and his alone. No classes, no races. That is an awesome idea if the game is built around all these porssibilities.

Getting to far into the realm of an RPG for me in the case of HQ.
Don't get me wrong, I play far more RPG than board game style High Fantasy games. But when I play board game style I like the idea of just grabbing a prefab character and running with it.
I do like many of the alternant characters we have cooked up over the years that are well balanced. The basic archetype adventurers number far more than the simple 4 we are offered off the shelf.
So it is said that if you know your enemies and know yourself, you can win a hundred battles without a single loss.
If you only know yourself, but not your opponent, you may win or may lose.
If you know neither yourself nor your enemy, you will always endanger yourself.
~Sun Tsu The art of War~


Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
cynthialee

Swordsman
Swordsman
 
Posts: 1848
Images: 4
Joined: September 27th, 2011, 10:56 am
Location: the forests of Washington State
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Previous

Return to Ye Olde Pub

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest