• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

What are you working on today?

Guests may gather here for General Discussions about almost any Topic. NO BRAWLING!
Forum rules
Certain topics have become known to cause friction among passionate members. We kindly ask that topics relating to these subjects be taken outside the Inn to Websites that specialise in those subjects.

Thus far, these topics are: Recreational Drugs, Religion and Science.

Re: What are you working on today?

Postby tasoe » February 9th, 2013, 4:09 pm

Hello, can I get some feedback on my latesf figure?
This is the guy:
Image
I would like to know if the eye I drew on that thing that hangs from his belt is acceptable. I was afraid it looked plain before but now I think it gets too much attention. Also I was thinking to paint an ankh or a djed on the other thing, would that be ok? What do you guys think?


Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges.Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
tasoe

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior
 
Posts: 697
Joined: September 22nd, 2011, 1:05 pm
Location: Athens, Greece
Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: What are you working on today?

Postby Goblin-King » February 9th, 2013, 5:11 pm

I don't mind the eye at all and a symbol on the other thingy would be okay too.

The snakestaff is KILLER!!! Very well done!!!
But I can't help but feel he needs a little color. The scheme is not bad at all, but it does have a lot of grey/white. Three white-ish colors that are touching each other several places.
Had I painted it, I would perhaps have painted the gray cloth hawk turquoise (or what ever GW calls that color these days!).


Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges.Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
Ye Olde Judge Dredd
Goblin-King
Really looks like David Bowie

Frozen Horror
Frozen Horror
 
Posts: 3545
Images: 85
Joined: September 26th, 2011, 2:54 pm
Location: Sønderholm, Denmark
Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: What are you working on today?

Postby bruenor » February 9th, 2013, 6:33 pm

I like it as it is.
Very desert like colours that suit the Egyptian theme of the miniature.

The eye looks good too.


Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges.
User avatar
bruenor

Necromancer
Necromancer
 
Posts: 343
Images: 26
Joined: January 18th, 2013, 1:37 pm
Location: Lincolnshire UK
Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Re: What are you working on today?

Postby tasoe » February 9th, 2013, 7:17 pm

Goblin-King wrote:The snakestaff is KILLER!!! Very well done!!!

Thanks man!

bruenor wrote:Very desert like colours that suit the Egyptian theme of the miniature.

That's exactly what I was going for. At first, I had the cape a rich red colour, much like the one on the base, but it made him too "magical".
To be honest I think he turned out more colourful than I had envisioned!

In general though, I agree with goblin-king, it was a shame a nice cape with lot of ripples painted grey-white.
But I do have a lot of other wizards that can be splashed with a variety of colours.


Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges.Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
tasoe

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior
 
Posts: 697
Joined: September 22nd, 2011, 1:05 pm
Location: Athens, Greece
Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: What are you working on today?

Postby Sjeng » February 10th, 2013, 4:20 am

Leave it as it is, that is one amazing mini man, oh, my Goddess. If you wanted extra colour, just paint the snake green instead of brown ;)
The face is just amazing, and yes, paint another symbol on the other cloth piece!!!
Check out my YouTube channel Boardgame Heaven, and drop me a sub please!


Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Wizard
Wizard
 
Posts: 4536
Images: 92
Joined: July 26th, 2011, 9:58 am
Location: The Netherlands
Forum Language: Nederlands
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Re: What are you working on today?

Postby Goblin-King » February 10th, 2013, 4:59 am

Goblin-King wrote:The scheme is not bad at all

Just so we're clear ;)


Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges.Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
Ye Olde Judge Dredd
Goblin-King
Really looks like David Bowie

Frozen Horror
Frozen Horror
 
Posts: 3545
Images: 85
Joined: September 26th, 2011, 2:54 pm
Location: Sønderholm, Denmark
Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: What are you working on today?

Postby mako-heart » February 10th, 2013, 10:55 pm

tasoe wrote:Hello, can I get some feedback on my latesf figure?
This is the guy:
Image
I would like to know if the eye I drew on that thing that hangs from his belt is acceptable. I was afraid it looked plain before but now I think it gets too much attention. Also I was thinking to paint an ankh or a djed on the other thing, would that be ok? What do you guys think?

Scarb would be trick . :2cents:
ALL YOUR WALL SPELL BASES ARE BELONG TO US!!!


Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
mako-heart

High Mage
High Mage
 
Posts: 444
Images: 15
Joined: February 13th, 2012, 9:00 pm
Location: Elk river, MN
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Re: What are you working on today?

Postby Sjeng » February 11th, 2013, 5:44 am

So, yesterday was the first day of carnaval here in Maastricht, two more days to go :P
We had a fantastic day yesterday, and now I've got a bit of time to post my pictures. Guess what my costume was?

IMG_0033.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Check out my YouTube channel Boardgame Heaven, and drop me a sub please!


Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Wizard
Wizard
 
Posts: 4536
Images: 92
Joined: July 26th, 2011, 9:58 am
Location: The Netherlands
Forum Language: Nederlands
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Re: What are you working on today?

Postby tasoe » February 11th, 2013, 5:52 am

that's wicked man!


Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges.Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
tasoe

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior
 
Posts: 697
Joined: September 22nd, 2011, 1:05 pm
Location: Athens, Greece
Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: What are you working on today?

Postby bruenor » February 11th, 2013, 8:38 am

Nice on dude!!!


Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges.
User avatar
bruenor

Necromancer
Necromancer
 
Posts: 343
Images: 26
Joined: January 18th, 2013, 1:37 pm
Location: Lincolnshire UK
Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to Ye Olde Pub

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests