• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Forum Update +

Discuss HeroQuest: The Tyrant's Tomb, the third HeroQuest novel by Dave Morris. (Discussion of the A Growl of Thunder quest contained within the novel should be addressed in the A Growl of Thunder Forum under Published Quest Releases.)

Re: Forum Update +

Postby j_dean80 » September 4th, 2017, 8:21 pm

If at first you don't succeed...

Thanks for putting so much hard work in.
Blood - Good to the last drop

Rewards:
Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Grin's Stone Map Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
j_dean80

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Scribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby Spookyhappyfun » September 4th, 2017, 10:38 pm

I think option 2 sounds good, but really whatever's easier for you. I appreciate all your hard work on this, and it's nice to know that such a fantastic forum has such dedicated and passionate folks both running it and keeping it alive through community participation.

Rewards:
Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Spookyhappyfun

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby knightkrawler » September 5th, 2017, 2:02 am

I like Option 2. It sounds safe. Not losing resources, which would again cause a lot of hard work, is most important, I guess.
But, as others have said, whatever you think is best will work for me, too.
Thank you for all the work! |_P
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Geofonos » September 5th, 2017, 2:59 am

I would just like to say a big "Thank you" for all the hard work you're putting in order to upgrade the forum.
in my humble opinion, option 2 seems the best way to go but whatever rocks your boat is fine by me.

Rewards:
Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Geofonos

Ogre Champion
Ogre Champion

Forum Language: Ελληνικά
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Figomurphy » September 5th, 2017, 3:50 am

Thanks again for your selfless hard work on this magical forum. Option two sounds like a good way to go.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges.
Figomurphy

Necromancer
Necromancer

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Anderas » September 5th, 2017, 5:53 am

Thank you so much for your work

I would like option 2 very much, because like that we can reference the old gallery pictures while we are building up a new one.
That's bad that they apparently have no good solution for an upgrade. Would that mean in 5 or 6 years, we experience that story again?

Sorry to hear that you invested all the time for nothing!

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member
Champion Group Member

Postby mitchiemasha » September 5th, 2017, 6:10 am

Seems like every ones going with option 2. I'm here for life, which ever option you pick. Thank you for everything.

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Prince
mitchiemasha

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Gold Bearer » September 5th, 2017, 10:33 am

Unless I'm missing something option 1
Continue to try again at a later date and hopefully the database will completely transfer during one of the future attempts. This would be during the Canadian Thanksgiving Holiday (2nd weekend in October) or Christmas Holiday (I'll have a lot more time during the Christmas Holiday).
sounds like the best option because it means we might get to keep everything the way it is now, or is putting it off a risk?
:goblin: 1BP, :orc: 2BP, :fimir: 3BP, :skeleton: 1BP, :zombie: 2BP, :mummy: 3BP, :chaoswarrior: 4BP, :gargoyle: 5BP. US :chaoswarrior: 3BP, US :gargoyle: 4BP.

Expanded Combined Spells: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=4296

A psychedelic substance occasionally causes psychotic behaviour in people who have not taken it. - Terence McKenna
DMT - The Spirit Molecule: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwZqVqbkyLM

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Shattered a Skeleton! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Gold Bearer

Crossbowman
Crossbowman

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby clmckay » September 5th, 2017, 11:30 am

I am fine with either option.

I think it's a tad sad that the dice roller isn't compatible and that we may loose some of the nice little extra touches (the rewards, titles and whatnot), but the main overarching goal is to have a place to visit and talk. That isn't going to change, so the rest is unimportant to that.

While I understand the thought to leave it as is, time does march forward. If they stop supporting the software, then it will stop (over time) being compatible with browsers. Over time this will mean difficulty accessing for existing users and inaccessibility for new ones. While the clock may be five or more years, I agree with drathe why wait? His interest may not be infinite. I was a member of Trekweb BBS for like 25 years. It failed to get updated and eventually sunk into incompatibility and finally death. Still miss that community.

I do hope that the background and little Inn and HQ icons can come over to a new forum, I really don't like those stock blue phpbb systems.

I hope drathe will do whatever is easiest for him, I appreciate the work that he has done and keeping the place open. I know life moves on and I just hope that he is able to maintain enough personal interest and income with ads to keep it available in any form well into the future.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
clmckay

Elven Archer
Elven Archer

Usergroups:

Postby Gold Bearer » September 5th, 2017, 11:53 am

Agreed, I don't mean to sound ungrateful but I want it to stay exactly as it is. If it can be safely put off why not? Maybe going back to it after a few months would help drathe clear his head and figure out the full update without losing anything. If not then no harm done. Of course it's only up to one person but he asked for opinions so that's mine.

P>S. Where's your cards for the quest pack at clmckay? :)
:goblin: 1BP, :orc: 2BP, :fimir: 3BP, :skeleton: 1BP, :zombie: 2BP, :mummy: 3BP, :chaoswarrior: 4BP, :gargoyle: 5BP. US :chaoswarrior: 3BP, US :gargoyle: 4BP.

Expanded Combined Spells: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=4296

A psychedelic substance occasionally causes psychotic behaviour in people who have not taken it. - Terence McKenna
DMT - The Spirit Molecule: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwZqVqbkyLM

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Shattered a Skeleton! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Gold Bearer

Crossbowman
Crossbowman

Hero:
Usergroups:

PreviousNext

Return to Novel: The Tyrant's Tomb