• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Dark World or Das Schwarze Auge

Topics related to Dark World

Re: Dark World or Das Schwarze Auge

Postby Big Bene » January 15th, 2014, 5:25 pm

There are quite some great details in this game, it's a petty the overall gameplay is so invariable and becomes boring pretty soon.
The "dial" hero bases (an early forerunner of heroclix), the open-able treasure chests, the exchangeable weapons, the doors, the threedimensional parts of the board (the impressive "staircase throne" thing in the basic game and the beautiful houses of the village of fear), the rattle thing for establishing the order of play, the threedimensional "character sheets" with the bowl for collecting slain monster minis for experience - this and more I think are really brilliant, and have thought more than once about how to translate them into HQ.
Have a look ;)

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Big Bene

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby knightkrawler » January 16th, 2014, 12:51 am

Idomeneas wrote:One of the things I really like about this game, is the counter bases of the Hero minis. Its a great idea, wish I could find some more.

I have some. Want them? Drop me a PM.
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Kooks » December 29th, 2017, 6:51 pm

As someone who owns the complete trilogy and has played the hell out of it during the mid and late 90ies I have to admit that the whole set is mostly eyecandy. The minis and the props are beautiful to look at but the rules and mechanics are quite crappy. Especially Dragon's Gate and Village of Fear where the heroes cannot stray from the few given paths so the DM can block their progress easily. At certain points there were entrances into the sewers where you could run into some wererats.
Though I have to admit that VoF had a decent narrative embedded into the gameplay as the heroes had to first rescue the halflings and who held keys to the fortress of the Warlord. Alternatively you could acquire them by defeating the wolf or the bird of prey circling above the rooftops. The drawbridge leading to the fortress was guarded by the Lurker. Crossing the bridge was quite a feat to accomplish since you had to win a kind of guessing game against the DM.
I loved this part of the trilogy most back in he days, mostly because of the narrative element. But it sucks when in comes to tactics. The third installment was much better in this regard, but also much harder in my opinion.

Anyway, I hope I canpush this topic back into your attention. Feel free to ask if you would like to know more.
Kooks

Forum Language: Deutsch

Postby Daedalus » March 10th, 2018, 7:24 am

How is Dragon's Gate more tactical?

It would be nice if someday 3D scans of the figures were made available at Thingiverse, particularly from the two rare expansions.
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby JCool » August 13th, 2018, 6:28 pm

Has anyone tried to use the dark world board for a custom heroquest adventure? Debating grabbing a boat's but have no idea how the minis and furniture would fit. Anyone have both that would be willing to take some pics?
JCool

Fimir
Fimir

Hero:

Postby Daedalus » August 30th, 2018, 1:59 pm

It's not the board, but maybe this pic will help.

UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby JCool » August 30th, 2018, 3:05 pm

That's a cool combination of the HQ board and Dark World raised section! :)
JCool

Fimir
Fimir

Hero:

Postby StratosVX » August 30th, 2018, 4:18 pm

Sorry, I never saw the post asking for pics of the two combined until now. I have both and can take some pictures. If you don't get them within a day or two, pm me a reminder please.

Rewards:
Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Scribe of Heroes
StratosVX
I hate snakes, Jacques...

Scout
Scout

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby The Admiral » October 5th, 2023, 8:06 am

JCool wrote:Has anyone tried to use the dark world board for a custom heroquest adventure? Debating grabbing a boat's but have no idea how the minis and furniture would fit. Anyone have both that would be willing to take some pics?

Awful game in my opinion, but the minis are great and are very compatible with HQ as I think they were done by GW.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
The Admiral

Halberdier
Halberdier

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby HispaZargon » October 6th, 2023, 5:58 pm

in my humble opinion, DarkWorld board game is not so bad as it uses to be considered through the HQ fans Community. Our mistake I think is we use to try fitting it inside the dungeons gender, and it is actually not at all, especially because exploration fact is mostly not existing nor storytelling variants (it is always the same plot) nor heroes diversity except for their appearance, so no RPG experience anywhere is really seen. However the game is good for competition between players (HeroQuest mostly is not) and their rules are quite simple like HeroQuest, which I see good points. Nevertheless, I think the DarkWorld expansions are better for playing than the DarkWorld first game itself, and combining all of the three together in a single game is a cool point, but unfortunatelly never did it, I couldn't try yet how it works.

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Participated in a Miniature Exchange.
Librarian-Analyst
HispaZargon
Inn's Guardian

Wizard
Wizard

Forum Language: Español
Usergroups:

PreviousNext

Return to Dark World Room